Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 03-29-2020, 11:21 PM   #121
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

It seems the district of Kastoria has the highest percentage of cases in Greece (about 0,54 per thousand people). Elis and Athens come next with about half the number.

Mind you, Greece already has an official problem, we don't have enough test kits, so we don't even bother to check the number of cases. This is a problem in general. You shouldn't compare countries based on the number of reported cases. We should just focus on the number of deaths.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #122
tchaiku

tchaiku is on a distinguished road

''Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard predicted the U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter because of shutdowns to combat the coronavirus, with an unprecedented 50% drop in gross domestic product.''
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ar-to-30-in-2q
tchaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:38 PM   #123
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
'Virus-fighting' scientist gets magnets stuck in nose

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...ralia-52094804
Great effort my aussie friends. Leave the heavy lifting to us.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:49 AM   #124
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Did he mention the penis shaped magnet stuck in his arse...?

Gocka..I tend to agree with you, the Americans seem to come to the party a little late in most cases but...

The Soviets were the first to put a man into space but the Americans put a man on the moon and ended the space race before the moon-dust had settled around Armstrong's boots...

The Yanks entered WWII after dragging their arse around for a while only to end it by vaporising Japs by the tens of thousands ...

When shit needs to be done, nobody can throw the kitchen sink at the problem like the US can...when I hear people (mostly women) trying to tear down the Donald and gloat about how the US (under his leadership) will face an existential (corona virus) crisis...I just remind them of the US's unique ability to get shit done when the proverbial hits the fan...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 AM   #125
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plot twist, the magnets destroyed the virus.
Man retires with billions from new patent royalties.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM   #126
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Gocka..I tend to agree with you, the Americans seem to come to the party a little late in most cases but...

The Soviets were the first to put a man into space but the Americans put a man on the moon and ended the space race before the moon-dust had settled around Armstrong's boots...

The Yanks entered WWII after dragging their arse around for a while only to end it by vaporising Japs by the tens of thousands ...

When shit needs to be done, nobody can throw the kitchen sink at the problem like the US can...when I hear people (mostly women) trying to tear down the Donald and gloat about how the US (under his leadership) will face an existential (corona virus) crisis...I just remind them of the US's unique ability to get shit done when the proverbial hits the fan...
One of my favorite historical quotes is from Churchill regarding the USA, “Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.”

Always late, kicking and screaming the whole way, but they do have a special way of pulling together minds and resources to make things happen when they choose to. They have already come up with a 5 minute covid-19 test. Johnson and Johnson is doing human testing on a vaccine in September. A few companies are working on therapeutics in the mean time.

The USA is like a wild beast that is difficult to tame (democracy), it is their source of strength and also its weakness. Had they put everything into defeating the virus 2 months ago, the whole world would probably have been spared. But all the voices and interests make sure that everything stays log-jammed until it gets to a critical point. Then the beast gets unleashed and things actually happen very quickly and efficiently.

Its quite frustrating actually to witness and be a part of. Sometimes you wish you could just slam the fist down and rule by decree, it has its uses in these kind of moments. In the long run you realize if you want democracy in good times, then you need to tolerate its inefficiency in times of crisis.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:19 AM   #127
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly. Did Phoenix just say that the evil Americans are capable of doing something right?
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #128
Vangelovski

Quote:
Its quite frustrating actually to witness and be a part of. Sometimes you wish you could just slam the fist down and rule by decree, it has its uses in these kind of moments. In the long run you realize if you want democracy in good times, then you need to tolerate its inefficiency in times of crisis.
Its not inefficiency, its working through the best possible solution. China is the epitome of inefficiency. If they allowed free speech and dissent they would have been on top of this when those first doctors discovered it.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Old 04-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #129
Vangelovski

I do think Australia might be the first to develop a vaccine, if Macedonia hasn't already.

We did win the swine flu vaccine race:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/u...mpetition.html

Unfortunately, the Americans had to wait until we had produced enough for us.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:38 AM   #130
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly. Did Phoenix just say that the evil Americans are capable of doing something right?
I have a fever...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote