Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 06-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #71
DraganOfStip

DraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I've read somewhere that a couple of the proposed names that have been put on the table are "Constitutional Republic Of Macedonia" and "Democratic Republic Of Macedonia".
If I recall correctly, both of these "solutions" have been offered by the Macedonian side at certain points in the past 25 years and both were rejected almost immediately.
Whether it's Constitutional, Democratic, People's, Modern, Ancient, or blah-blah, it's the "Republic of Macedonia" part that Greeks have a problem with. So I doubt anything of the sort will be acceptable by the plate-smashing neighbors.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:03 PM   #72
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraganOfStip View Post
If I recall correctly, both of these "solutions" have been offered by the Macedonian side at certain points in the past 25 years and both were rejected almost immediately.
Whether it's Constitutional, Democratic, People's, Modern, Ancient, or blah-blah, it's the "Republic of Macedonia" part that Greeks have a problem with. So I doubt anything of the sort will be acceptable by the plate-smashing neighbors.
Dragan,

I'd like to take it one step further...it's the "Macedonia" part that is the problem.

From day one, the greek strategy has been to convolute the argument to the point where any outsider following the story has been left lost and totally confused, outsiders either lose interest or they take the greek side, moulded by the relentless propaganda drive disseminated by the greeks.

Their goal is to erase 'Macedonia" as the name of the country or homeland, that will then influence what the people are called and what their language and culture is called, if "Macedonia" is not in the title it will be an easy step to erase the identity of the people themselves...

We've already experienced this in Australia from the bouzouki lobby in this country, if Macedonia accepts any form of name change the bouzouki lobby worldwide will push for that to be the new identity of the people...it will get extremely ugly...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #73
Spirit

Spirit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Dragan,

I'd like to take it one step further...it's the "Macedonia" part that is the problem.

From day one, the greek strategy has been to convolute the argument to the point where any outsider following the story has been left lost and totally confused, outsiders either lose interest or they take the greek side, moulded by the relentless propaganda drive disseminated by the greeks.

Their goal is to erase 'Macedonia" as the name of the country or homeland, that will then influence what the people are called and what their language and culture is called, if "Macedonia" is not in the title it will be an easy step to erase the identity of the people themselves...

We've already experienced this in Australia from the bouzouki lobby in this country, if Macedonia accepts any form of name change the bouzouki lobby worldwide will push for that to be the new identity of the people...it will get extremely ugly...
We also had the Australian Government try to impose naming our language "Slav Macedonian".
Fortunately the AHMRC took them to court and won.

Last edited by Spirit; 06-20-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:50 AM   #74
Stevce

Stevce is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I think the problem is that the Macedonian media is not making a big deal out of this.
Macedonia changes it name and they get EU and NATO membership. Meanwhile Greece will continue to ban the language, not allow the ancient Cryillic writing on the churches which they covered up or the right of return to the child refugees unless they change there surnames to Greek. The media needs to call it what it is and that is genocide plain and simple. The same goes for Bulgaria also. The long term goal is to wipe us out once and for all.
Stevce is offline   Reply With Quote