Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 05-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road
Angry DPMNE sells out Ohrid, 32 meter tall minaret to be Built!!

The DPMNE administration has secretly made a deal with the Government of Turkey to finance a so called "reconstruction" of a mosque in the center of Ohrid. Under the agreement, Turkey will build a 32 meter high minaret with loud speakers in the center of the old town, which will be seen and heard from all around Ohrid and the region. Currently, the mosque does not have a minaret.

Watch the video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R926FicTI4c

In the video, you can hear the words yourself from the Director of the Museum in Ohrid - Tanja Paskali Buntaseska, who says, I quote:
"It is correct that the minaret will be 32 meters... I don't see, in general, a problem with the reconstruction of the minaret"

Citizens in the city are furious why they were never consulted by the Museum and local authority.

Who would have thought these traitors would sell out Ohrid, and turn it from a "Jerusalem of the Balkans" to a "Mecca of the Balkans"? And for what, to satisfy the agenda of Islamist Turkey?

To add insult to injury, the mosque lies on the foundations of an earlier Christian church, that was demolished by the Ottoman Turks...

Photo of the mosque:

Photo of the traitor:

Last edited by Niko777; 05-19-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Absolute shocker.

I am from Ohrid, and most of my family lives in Ohrid. I can tell you there is a lot of outrage about this

Ohrid, unlike neighboring Struga, has a very small Muslim population, consisting mostly of Turks, not Albanians. That mosque always bothered me as it was. Its actually quite large right, and is right in the middle of the old town. It was an eyesore to start, now its going to be one of the tallest structures in the whole freaking area.

These fucking loud speakers are obnoxious and one of the reasons I HATE going to Struga. What gives you the fucking right to wake up the entire surrounding area so you can blare your moaning prayers in a language most don't understated.

Ohrid is a tourist hub, does a tourist want to hear moaning at 4 am?

Ohridzani are pretty unruly, I don't think they will take this lying down, especially if they see it as hurting tourism.

I will be heading home to Ohrid in 4 days, I will report back what the mood is on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko777 View Post
The DPMNE administration has secretly made a deal with the Government of Turkey to finance a so called "reconstruction" of a mosque in the center of Ohrid. Under the agreement, Turkey will build a 32 meter high minaret with loud speakers in the center of the old town, which will be seen and heard from all around Ohrid and the region. Currently, the mosque does not have a minaret.

Watch the video HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R926FicTI4c

In the video, you can hear the words yourself from the Director of the Museum in Ohrid - Tanja Paskali Buntaseska, who says, I quote:
"It is correct that the minaret will be 32 meters... I don't see, in general, a problem with the reconstruction of the minaret"

Citizens in the city are furious why they were never consulted by the Museum and local authority.

Who would have thought these traitors would sell out Ohrid, and turn it from a "Jerusalem of the Balkans" to a "Mecca of the Balkans"?
And for what, to satisfy the self interests of Islamist Turkey?

Photo of the mosque:

Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Niko777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post

I will be heading home to Ohrid in 4 days, I will report back what the mood is on the ground.
Thanks, that would be appreciated.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #4
Niko777

Exclamation

A reminder for readers of this forum...

1. Turkey's Mosque Project in Tirana:

2. Turkey's Mosque Project in Prishtina:

3. Turkey's Mosque Project in Skopje: (approved by DPMNE-DUI)

Last edited by Niko777; 05-19-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

I personally do not care about what religious structures are built in the Republic, though I don't understand the need for this mosque to be so pronounced in a city with only a small Muslim population? Also have read things about Turkish-funded mosques and assimilation through service, much like the Greek Patriarchate and Bulgarian Exarchate.
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
Liberator of Makedonija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko777 View Post
[size="4"]

Who would have thought these traitors would sell out Ohrid, and turn it from a "Jerusalem of the Balkans" to a "Mecca of the Balkans"? And for what, to satisfy the agenda of Islamist Turkey?
Don't understand how building a mosque automatically turns Ohrid into the "Mecca of the Balkans"? You said building a mosque would change it from the "Jerusalem of the Balkans", you do realise that Jerusalem is home to churches, mosques and synagogues right? If anything building a mosque would actually make the title more plausible as it's pretty stupid to refer to Ohrid as such when it is mostly just churches.

Further more despite Erdogan's push to change things, Turkey has always been a secular country so don't quite understand the "Islamist Turkey" part of things.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
Albo

Albo is on a distinguished road

Ohrid Demoraphics:

Macedonians, 47,344 (84.9%)
Albanians, 2,962 (5.3%)
Turks, 2,268 (4.1%)
Serbs, 366 (0.7%)
others, 2,809 (5.0%)

As we can see that almost 15% of the population are non-Macedonian and are mostly Muslim, Apart from the Albanians and Turks the 2,809 (Other) mostly would be from the Roma community who are mostly Muslim also.

So we have around 7,000 - 8,000 potential Muslims I think the city has around 4 - 5 mosques ..

this is a painting of the Ali Pasha Mosque from 1848 that is being refurbished to its original form,

Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #8
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Don't understand how building a mosque automatically turns Ohrid into the "Mecca of the Balkans"? You said building a mosque would change it from the "Jerusalem of the Balkans", you do realise that Jerusalem is home to churches, mosques and synagogues right? If anything building a mosque would actually make the title more plausible as it's pretty stupid to refer to Ohrid as such when it is mostly just churches.
It is called the 'Jerusalem of the Balkans' in the context of Christianity, because there are hundreds of churches and monasteries, not because the actual Jerusalem has churches, synagogues and mosques. Ohrid is a holy city where Macedonian and Christian culture flourished, there is no justification for altering its image.
Quote:
Further more despite Erdogan's push to change things, Turkey has always been a secular country so don't quite understand the "Islamist Turkey" part of things.
We'll see how long that lasts. The Turkish republic has been secular, but that is only a short period of Turkish history. Nearly everything Erdogan does is pushing Turkey back to Ottomanism. He is undoubtedly an Islamist. Personally, I think he sometimes cringes when he sees portraits of Mustafa Kemal everywhere.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:31 AM   #9
Liberator of Makedonija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
It is called the 'Jerusalem of the Balkans' in the context of Christianity, because there are hundreds of churches and monasteries, not because the actual Jerusalem has churches, synagogues and mosques. Ohrid is a holy city where Macedonian and Christian culture flourished, there is no justification for altering its image.

We'll see how long that lasts. The Turkish republic has been secular, but that is only a short period of Turkish history. Nearly everything Erdogan does is pushing Turkey back to Ottomanism. He is undoubtedly an Islamist. Personally, I think he sometimes cringes when he sees portraits of Mustafa Kemal everywhere.

Either way, what religious structures are built in Ohrid are of no concern to me but I don't understand the need for such a renovation on a mosque where it is more likely to be used as a tourist attraction and ode to the past than an actual place of worship

Erdogan is defiantly destroying the Republic that Ataturk built, Turkey is very split over the issue.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #10
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Don't those Albanian language schools in Tetovo teach fucking math?

The Turks and Albanians make up less than 10% the "other" 5% isn't just Roma, its all the other foreigners who live in Ohrid. Secondly, since when are Roma exclusively Muslim? Do you know any Roma? This is why no one believe your estimate on Albanians, because you people freaking exaggerate like crazy.

You turned 9.4% magically into 15%, by tomorrow they will all be Albanian and it will be 30%

Ohrid has about 42,000 residents, even at 15% that would be 6,300 Muslims assuming all Albanians and Turks are Muslim, ALSO NOT TRUE. Again counting only Turks and Albanians, that is 4,000 Muslims max, again your freaking Albanian math is double what it really is.

I call for a ban just for not knowing basic math, that's unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
Ohrid Demoraphics:

Macedonians, 47,344 (84.9%)
Albanians, 2,962 (5.3%)
Turks, 2,268 (4.1%)
Serbs, 366 (0.7%)
others, 2,809 (5.0%)

As we can see that almost 15% of the population are non-Macedonian and are mostly Muslim, Apart from the Albanians and Turks the 2,809 (Other) mostly would be from the Roma community who are mostly Muslim also.

So we have around 7,000 - 8,000 potential Muslims I think the city has around 4 - 5 mosques ..

this is a painting of the Ali Pasha Mosque from 1848 that is being refurbished to its original form,

Do you want loud speakers blaring Muslim moaning every freaking morning ? The entire city will have to listen to that shit. What will tourists think? That they entered a Muslim country that's what, like they already think when they enter Skopje.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Either way, what religious structures are built in Ohrid are of no concern to me but I don't understand the need for such a renovation on a mosque where it is more likely to be used as a tourist attraction and ode to the past than an actual place of worship

Erdogan is defiantly destroying the Republic that Ataturk built, Turkey is very split over the issue.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote