X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Greece, History, Truth

A collection of excerpts gathered from this forum, largely brought to our attention by Daskalot and TrueMacedonian, who have buried many a myth of the modern Greek on countless occasions.

Origins of the inhabitants of Modern Greece:

But the revival was only for a time, and, in spite of Greek struggles, at the end of the tenth century Sclavonians formed almost the entire population of Macedonia, Epirus, continental Greece and the Peloponnese…….It was during these centuries, that what remained, if indeed anything remained, of even degenerate Hellenic blood absorbed or was absorbed into that of the Slav……Indeed, the Albanians appear to have done for Greece in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries something like that which that Sclavonians had done in the sixth and seventh….They number about 200,000 souls; and within a greater part of the districts occupied by Albanians at the present day the Greeks have been as completely expelled as the Celtic race in England by the Saxon. Unlike the Greek, for him the bonds of nationality are stronger than those of religion…..to assert that a Greek Christian is a Hellene is as reasonable as to call all Roman Catholics Italians; and to claim a Slav or Albanian as a Hellene because he speaks Greek, is much the same as calling an educated Russian French, or an Irishman English, because they prefer French or English to their own less developed languages. (A Monthly Review – Greece, Spoilt Child of Europe)

Albanian origins of the liberators and leaders of Modern Greece:

Title page. Page 30. Source: History of the Greek Revolution By George Finlay, Published by W. Blackwood and sons, 1861, page 30. The first President of Greece was an Albanian who could not speak a word of modern Greek. Why is that so? Why is not George Konduriottes mentioned over at Wikipedia as a President of Greece?

The chief authority was conceded to the Albanian shipowners; George Konduriottes of Hydra was elected president of Greece, and Botasses of Spetzas vice-president…..The Greeks are the most prejudived of all Europeans when there is a question of the purity of the Hellenic race, and no people regards education with more favour; yet with all this nationality and pedantry they intrusted their public affairs, in a period of great difficulty, to two men who could not address them in the Greek language. (George Finlay, History of the Greek Revolution)
    On March 13th 1821, twelve days before the official beginning of the War of Independence, the first revolutionary flag was actually raised on the island of Spetses by Laskarina Bouboulina. Twice widowed with 7 children but extremely rich she owned several ships. On April 3rd Spetses revolted, followed by the islands of Hydra

The castle of Karytena, even in its ruins, has a proud feudal aspect, and was again, early in our century, the stronghold of one of the most famous and notorious of the revolutionary chiefs – Colocotroni. He ranks as a hero in that war……..He is described as of the Albanian type. (J. P Mahhafy, Greek Pictures)
    ....in front of the Bavarian Queen of modern "greece" no less who did not enjoy it at all lol :D My goodness I can't believe I keep finding this type of crap about your forefathers.

……the liberators of Greece…..Nine or ten of them performed the Albanian national dance, to the sound of a bad fiddle and a little jingling guitar played with a quill, for the amusement of her Majesty, who did not seem enchanted with this exhibition….these men, who were exposing themselves in this absurd manner, were the far-famed Colocotroni, Nikitas, surnamed the Turkophagos, or Turk-eater, Makryani, Vasso of Montenegro, Kota Botzaris,, and others equally celebrated…….this was merely the dance of the Albanians, a totally distinct race of men from the Greeks. (Blackwood’s Magazine, XLIII)

Athens, twenty-five years ago, was only an Albanian village. The Albanians formed, and still form, almost the whole of the population of Attica; and within three leagues of the capital, villages are to be found where Greek is hardly understood. Athens has been rapidly peopled with men of all kinds and nations..........Albanians form about one-fourth of the population of the country; they are in majority in Attica, in Arcadia, and in Hydra..…..(Edmond About, Greece and the Greeks of the Present Day)

Reflections on the East Roman Empire:

Until 1821, Greeks knew that there had once been a Christian empire with its capital at Constantinople, but they did not think of it as a Greek empire, and they certainly didn’t call it the Byzantine Empire. (Katerina Zacharia, Hellenisms)

Philhellenism; its aim and impact:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090620/ennew_afp/entertainmentgreecearchaeologymuseumdiplomacy_20090620194049 Greece demands marbles return as new Acropolis opens by Helene Colliopoulou Helene Colliopoulou Sat Jun 20, 3:39 pm ET ATHENS (AFP) Greek President Carolos Papoulias on Saturday ramped up pressure on Britain to

Most Greeks did not share Byron’s views and would not have understood his allusions. They did not think of themselves as Greeks at all – and certainly not as Hellenes…but as Christians or Orthodox. (N. Hammond, Greece – Old and New)

…Philhellehism was a sort of social disease, caused by hallucinations and the by the illusion of finding in the present mongrel inhabitants of Morea and Attica the descendants of the ancient Hellenes. Subsequent contact of Greece with Europe has already considerably modified these ideas, as the modern Greek begins to pass for what he is: a semi-barbarian, a not yet cultivated citizen, and already a spoilt savage……Our classical recollections will have been proved a fallacy…only because they inhiabit a soil where the Parthenon was built. (Baron Augustus Jochmus, The Syrian War and the Decline of the Ottoman Empire)

It is certainly unlikely that before the infiltration of European Philhellenism the inhabitants of Kastri knew (or cared much, for that matter) that they were indeed the inhabitants of Delphi. (Stathis Gourgouris, Dream Nation)

The foundations of Neo-Hellenic Culture:

:eek: My goodness the Parthenon was used as a mosque, the Germans basically gave you "classical culture" (not to mention the term 'Hellenism' :rolleyes:) and churches were destroyed en mass to make way for this new culture. Now do you see why we think you people are brainwashed imposter hellenes?

It is significant that many of the nineteenth-century alterations to the Acropolis were carried out at the instigation of Germans, whose contribution to the modern Greeks’ sense of their classical heritage was crucial………….. an attempt was made to Hellenize the Greek collective consciousness, and through katharevousa, to “purify” the modern Greek language. (Katerina Zacharia, Hellenisms)

University of Athens - This, was the first institution of higher learning in the independent kingdom of the Hellenes, was founded by King Otto on the German model. (John Koliopoulos, Greece – The Modern Sequel)
    Yeah modern "greeks" related to ancient Hellenes :rolleyes: sure they were.

The new sate did not attach itself to the immediate past, as it had been preserved in the popular memory, but rather adapted itself to the convenient image of the ancient Greek past already created in the West. Otto’s father, King Ludwig I of Bavaria, was obsessed with ancient Greece and brought up his children with the aspiration that one day one of them would reign over this glorious land. (Discourses of Collective Identity in Central and Southeast Europe, Texts and Commentaries)
    I always thought that there were ethnic "greeks" that built their own cities let alone there most famous classical city :rolleyes:

In 1834 it was decided to create Athens the capital of the independent Kingdom of Greece. A German architect, Schaubert, was employed to plan the wide streets, the squares, the boulevards: and so Athens, which in 1834 was a village of five thousand inhabitants, has become in 1936 a city of over four hundred and fifty thousand people. (H. V. Morton, In the steps of St. Paul)

Ancient Sparta has entirely perished….New Sparta is a creation of King Otho, who has formed the useless project of resuscitating all the great names of Greece. It is a governmental and commercial town, composed entirely of shops, barracks, and public offices. (Edmond About, Greece and the Greeks of the Present Day)

Need I say more.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Greece, History,Truth

SoM - I have learnt more from this website in 6 months than I have in 20 years of western education! The heading shouldn't be used all in one - how can Greece & Truth be used in the same sentence.
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Makedonche, thank you for your kind words and you are correct, Greece in combination with Truth is an oxymoron.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche
        SoM - I have learnt more from this website in 6 months than I have in 20 years of western education!
        Spolaiti Makedonche, it is good to know that the MTO is reaching out and making a difference. All the people that post such material have a genuine interest in furthering the Macedonian cause.

Regarding the inclusion of the word 'truth' in the title, the intention is for viewers to have an opportunity of reading the truth about Greece and her history in the modern era.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          SoM - I have learnt more from this website in 6 months than I have in 20 years of western education! The heading shouldn't be used all in one - how can Greece & Truth be used in the same sentence.
          Makedonche, with 3 posts and 6 months of reading this forum, you are in the hundreds of thousands of people who are not contributing enough on this forum, yet silently giving us the inspiration to reveal more truths! If you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to ask ... I am positive many others would be wondering the same things as you.

pozdrav
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

The counterfeit hellenes must be doing this again nice breakdown SoM. And welcome back Makedonche. Hope you post back more frequently.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

Excelent job, guys!
              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

"But the revival was only for a time, and, in spite of Greek struggles, at the end of the tenth century Sclavonians formed almost the entire population of Macedonia, Epirus, continental Greece and the Peloponnese"

So based on this, are we too from the Sclavonians if according to this they formed almost the entire population of Macedonia?

Doesn't this passage hurt us more than it helps us?

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by NikodimMKD View Post
                  "But the revival was only for a time, and, in spite of Greek struggles, at the end of the tenth century Sclavonians formed almost the entire population of Macedonia, Epirus, continental Greece and the Peloponnese"

So based on this, are we too from the Sclavonians if according to this they formed almost the entire population of Macedonia?

Niko in what way do you think this passage hurts us?
                  Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Nikodim, welcome back. Before you start asking your questions again, let me ask you this - When are you going to stop pretending to be a Macedonian on this forum? Aren't you tired of the act yet? Seriously, this is the reason you disappeared in the first place, because of all the attention on your counterfit identity here on this forum, I think your presence in this thread is fitting as it highlights how modern Greeks have faked their identity.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Let me reply to your question on face value Nikodim.
                      What it tells us is that this fact is even more devastating to Greeks and Albanians than Macedonians. That the people in Epirus, continental Greece and the Peloponnese who call themselves Greeks nowadays are simply impostors.

When the Greeks are willing to adopt the true language of their people ... they should look North to Macedonia who carries the torch for all southern slavic nations ... Greece included. That Greece did not remain a bastion of slavic pride is more to do with the Patriarchate church than anything else.

Macedonians speak the language of their ancestors. Greeks don't. Who is this more devastating for?

We are led to believe Hungarians do not speak a form of Pannonian. It really does not matter in my opinion. Honesty in relation to identity is far more important.

If we are to accept the slavic migration theory, then the suggestion that the 6th century slavs "ate" the real Macedonians to completely eliminate them by the 10th century is a ridiculous assumption. That the Macedonians adopted the new language is more plausible. We know the Bulgarians accepted the language of the Macedonians 100 years after their arrival without much persuasion. Of course nobody has bothered to reveal the mystery of the populous Thracians and their ancient language. That they were regarded as kin to Macedonians is telling as to why Greece has not been eager to reveal its findings.

I have this Greek friend of a friend. My mate loves him. I found him immensely irritating. He tried to call me Greek (once) .... I suggested very quietly to him that I would extract his albano/slavic heart and hand it to him. Do you think he would be pleased to read his people were gone and replaced with the Sclavonians of the 10th century? Would it be damaging to him? Would it be more (or less) damaging than telling a Macedonian he speaks a Slavic language?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• indigen
                        • May 2009

John of Amida: "Slavonians, overran the whole of Greece…and captured the cities"

"..John of Amida also known as John of Ephesus records that in 581

"…an accursed people, called Slavonians, overran the whole of
                        Greece……and captured the cities, and took numerous forts, and
                        devastated and burnt, and reduced the people to slavery, and
                        made themselves masters of the whole country, and settled in
                        it by main force, and dwelt in it as though it had been their
                        own. ... And even to this day [584 AD], they still encamp and dwell
                        there, and live in peace in the Roman territories, free from anxiety
                        and fear, and lead captive and slay and burn..."

Another source, the so-called Chronicle of Monembasia, states that
                        in the year 587—8 the Turkic Avars (with whom the Slavs were
                        usually allied)

"…..captured all of Thessaly and all of Greece, Old Epirus, Attica
                        and Euboea. Indeed, they attacked the Peloponnese and took it by war;
                        and after expelling and destroying the native Hellenic peoples, they
                        dwelt there. Those who were able to escape their murderous hands were
                        scattered here and there. Thus, the citizens of Patras moved to the
                        district of Reggio in Calabria, the Argives to the island called Orobe,
                        the Corinthians to the island of Aegina.... Only the eastern part of
                        the Peloponnese, from Corinth to Cape Maleas, was untouched by the
                        Slavonians because of the rough and inaccessible nature of the
                        country... "

[Cyril Mango, BYZANTIUM: THE EMPIRE OF NEW ROME]

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          That is the question.

The Greeks will by pass the truth if they have to. Political power, or public opinion, is worth more to them than any leaning toward some kind of truth.

When the New Greeks invaded, it was an invasion of conquest. They planned to wipe us out. They nearly have - with Europe watching the whole time.

Comment

• NikodimMKD
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2009

If the Albanians and greeks are really Slavs ethnically, why do they not speak in a tongue which is part of the Slavic linguistic group?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

If the Albanians and greeks are really Slavs ethnically, why do they not speak in a tongue which is part of the Slavic linguistic group?
                              We have Turkish nationals who arrived in Macedonia 80 odd years ago who are now ethnically Greek .... who call themselves Macedonian. It would appear anything is possible.

I have no idea of what you mean by "ethnic Slavs", it is a very stupid description that only has relevance in Greece. And we know they are ethnically challenged at the best of times. Please clarify what you mean with your borrowed term "ethnic Slavs".
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X