X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
    I guess this would be the part where the typical Mariovec would remind you that for 550 years us Mariovci remained Turk free whilst the rest of you lot probably remained as Macedonian as the typical Greek is these days... but lucky for you I'm not a typical Mariovec
    LMAO are you really from Mariovo?

Are you sure? LMAO good stuff.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
      LMAO are you really from Mariovo?

Are you sure? LMAO good stuff.
      Ya bloody Turkish pricks
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

I'm surprised anyone even lives there - according to Wikipedia there's only 1,000 inhabitants in the region.

I always thought it was just an empty wasteland...oh, it sort of is.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          I'm surprised anyone even lives there - according to Wikipedia there's only 1,000 inhabitants in the region.

I always thought it was just an empty wasteland...oh, it sort of is.
          1,000 people?, lol, yeah I think that’s an over estimate. The whole area is literally made up of decrepit ghost villages now, populated mainly by rocks and shrubs (as opposed to the 600 odd people each village used to house) To access most of the area and villages you need a 4WD (and I mean 4WD). If you’re lucky every second village may have 2 or 5 inhabitants whose live stock are free to dominate most of the properties. The closer to Prilep you get, the more people you will find and the more accessible the roads become. Most visitors would be right to probably consider it now as nothing more than a nature reserve with remanents of how peasant life would have likely been lived for over 2,000 years (which is why it’s served as a popular backdrop for older period pieces). If you like isolation and have an urge to return to nature, it’s the place for you.
          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Since we are talking about it, for those unaware of the story of the area (which all Mariovci are only too happy to remind everyone about lol):

It is said that Mariovo was named after the beautiful and brave girl Marija. The legend says that some Turkish Pasha who had conquered the villages of Mariovo, had fallen in love with this girl and, enchanted by her beauty, was prepared to do everything to gain her love. But Marija’s father was not approving on it, because his daughter was a Christian, and the Turk was a Muslim. The Pasha would not give up. Marija had answered his persistence with one condition: she would become his wife, but the entire region, from the Poloski monastery, Selecka mountain, to the village by the name of Brod, then the Bitola region, the Nidze mountain and to the reach of Kozjak, to remain Christian and that not a single Turk should be inhabited there. The Pasha agreed to this condition, signed papers on that decision and took Marija with him. He took her on the road leading to the village of Dunje, Marija suddenly took the knife from her folds, and forcefully killed herself. Taking away her life, she did not surrender to the pasha, who later, although he wanted to, could not annul the contract he previously signed. By the power of this document, the guarantee that the entire region should remain Christian was respected. In the honor of the girl and her courageous act, and the love for her fellow people, the region was named Mariovo.
            Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-18-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Update: Nil countries
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• JPMKD
                • Mar 2016

Well 1/50 of the US just gave it back a day.( No modifier) LOL! Actually, I suppose it's not a bad thing at all. ( In fairness D.C. does recognize Aug.2nd, no modifier!)

Not a Northadonian

Comment

Working...
                X