Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 09-01-2016, 01:37 AM   #1
MHRMI

MHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud of
Default International Paralympic Committee - Show That you Respect Macedonia's Name

International Paralympic Committee - Show That you Respect Macedonia's Name

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International and the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee

Toronto and Melbourne (Sept.1, 2016) - Macedonian Paralympians, like their Olympian counterparts, will be forced to enter the Rio Paralympics Opening Ceremony behind the letter “E” for “Ex”, putting a regional twist on the infamous “F” for “Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”. The Paralympic website, like the Olympic one, lists Macedonia under “T” for “The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”. Depending on the local language, Macedonian athletes have entered behind many letters, except M, of course, for the actual name of their country, Macedonia. Furthermore, Macedonian athletes are not permitted to use their own country name on their uniforms. See Macedonian sprinter, Riste Pandev, in the photo below (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrPxNCVUsAAAejm.jpg) racing against athletes from Indonesia, Afghanistan and Gabon. Pandev's uniform is blank. What an Olympic-sized slap in the face.

This spectacle occurs because Greece objects to Macedonia using its own name, and international institutions, at best, have no desire to stand up for common sense and the most basic of human rights or, at worst, they’re complicit in Greece’s attempts to “wipe Macedonia off the map”. Those are the words of the first UN mediator for the name dispute, Robin O’Neil.

Greece has admitted to initiating the artificial name dispute as a means to keep denying the existence of the Macedonian nation and to persecute the Macedonian minority that it inherited after Macedonia’s partition among Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and Albania at the beginning of the twentieth century. Moreover, it is Greece that is trying to appropriate Macedonia’s name, not the other way around as it claims.

The vast majority of the world has recognized Macedonia using its proper name, so why does the most nonsensical dispute in UN history linger? Certainly the UN, IOC, FIFA, etc., have been unable to provide any reason. End the farcical name negotiations now and the "name dispute" will be over.

Call to action: The International Paralympic Committee has shown that it thinks independently of the corrupt IOC. Let’s see proof in the Rio Paralympic Games. Join us in our demand that Macedonia’s name be respected. Macedonian Paralympians, wear 'Macedonia' on your jerseys and do not wait for permission to use your own country's name.

International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
Adenauerallee 212-214, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Telephone: +49-228-2097-200 • Fax: +49-228-2097-209 • E-mail: [email protected]
Twitter: @Paralympics
www.facebook.com/paralympics
www.paralympic.org

###

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: 1-416-850-7125, [email protected], www.mhrmi.org, www.twitter.com/mhrmi, www.facebook.com/mhrmi, www.mhrmi.org/OurNameIsMacedonia

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that advocates before governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, email [email protected] or via +61 3 9329 8960.

Last edited by MHRMI; 09-01-2016 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Sentence missing at the end.
MHRMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

It would not have cost the Macedonian Olympic Committee (or Pandev for that matter) more than $2 and a few seconds to get a permanent marker and write Macedonia onto his uniform if they had to.

Small, simple, yet powerful actions. If we don't respect our own identity, why on earth would anyone else? The diaspora won't forever be cleaning up the stinking shit coming out of that country...many of us are getting tired.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea. Maybe we can donate textas to Macedonia.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
MHRMI

MHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud ofMHRMI has much to be proud of

We had the following sentence missing at the end of the press release, just added it:

Macedonian Paralympians, wear 'Macedonia' on your jerseys and do not wait for permission to use your own country's name.

We've been calling for Macedonian Olympians to do the same. We all have to keep up the pressure.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #5
Odi Zvezdo

Odi Zvezdo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRMI View Post
We had the following sentence missing at the end of the press release, just added it:

Macedonian Paralympians, wear 'Macedonia' on your jerseys and do not wait for permission to use your own country's name.

We've been calling for Macedonian Olympians to do the same. We all have to keep up the pressure.
I understand this initiative is great...however as the old saying goes...we're flogging a dead horse...Macedonians will never do it, they'll wear a Serbian Jersey that's clearly marked Serbia before we present ourselves in pride and actually call ourselves Macedonians...

Where is the national pride in our people?

Has anyone in the Republic Of Macedonia interpreted the country's name "the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia"? It actually means there was a republic in the Former Yugoslavia and it was called Macedonia...and what's it called now? You might as well have a question mark in replace of the acronym because it holds the same value of the current name of the country!!!!

Might as well just carve the country up as it was back in 1913..let the Albanians have Western Macedonia, give Greece Southern Macedonia (at least those Macedonians can actually recognise themselves as Macedonians then) and give the rest to Bulgaria!!!!

The diaspora should stop trying so hard for these goat herders if they're not willing to at least attempt to do something about it!!!!

If you wish to ban me after this vent...you have my full permission to do so!!!!! But that's my take!!!
Odi Zvezdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:51 PM   #6
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRMI View Post

MHRMI, I hope I didn't come across as critical towards you - I respect the work that you do, the passion you have and the time and energy you put in. My comments were aimed at 'the' people in 'that' country. As time goes by, I see more and more distance between us and the clowns in that country. We're definitely not the same and one of us are imposters - I'm just not sure who are the genuine Macedonians and who are the imposters anymore.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
MHRMI

Not at all. And thanks for the kind words. We've been calling for Macedonian athletes to use Macedonia's name on their uniforms and to refuse to walk in behind any letter except "M" in the Opening Ceremony. It would have been great to see a Macedonian athlete (or celebrity, executive or anybody high-profile...) take a public stand in support of Macedonia. Other ethnic groups do it, God forbid Macedonians do.