Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 02-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #2351
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road

Tsipras and Zaev were praised at the Munich Security Conference yesterday. While answering a journalist's question on what advice he would give to Greece's Balkan neighbors, Tsipras replied that the Balkan countries must "respect human rights, and respect their minorities"
Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:48 AM   #2352
Solun

Solun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko777 View Post
Tsipras and Zaev were praised at the Munich Security Conference yesterday. While answering a journalist's question on what advice he would give to Greece's Balkan neighbors, Tsipras replied that the Balkan countries must "respect human rights, and respect their minorities"
Having a sense of humour without doubt helps Tsipras do his job
Solun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #2353
Carlin15

Carlin15 is on a distinguished road

Yet another outburst of hate by Kammenos.

Kammenos: No threat from North Macedonia, it’s ‘a 20-minute job’ if tanks pass through

URL:
http://www.ekathimerini.com/237927/a...s-pass-through

Former defence minister Panos Kammenos lambasted the Prespes accord in a new television interview late Wednesday night, suggesting Greece could take over the small country in 20 minutes.

“We do not feel any threat. Skopje is a 20-minute job. If a troop of tanks decided to cross the border, it will reach the other side of Skopje. It will reach Serbia,” he was quoted as telling Greek TV channel TRT.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #2354
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post

Kammenos: No threat from North Macedonia, it’s ‘a 20-minute job’ if tanks pass through
How many minutes does it take for Turkey to invade Greece?
Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #2355
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Before the name change they were scared Macedonia was going to take over all of northern Greece. The lying little C grade actors they are.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #2356
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Before the name change they were scared Macedonia was going to take over all of northern Greece. The lying little C grade actors they are.
Exactly what I thought when reading this. Almost three decades of lying to the world that they’re concerned Macedonia has territorial aspirations toward “their” northern region and now this. Fucking vultures.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #2357
Big Bad Sven

Big Bad Sven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
Exactly what I thought when reading this. Almost three decades of lying to the world that they’re concerned Macedonia has territorial aspirations toward “their” northern region and now this. Fucking vultures.
Yeah you and RTG said it, and I too thought exactly the same thing when I read the article.

They have almost spent 3 decades playing the victim and generating artificial fear mongering that Macedonia will one day have territorial aspirations on Aegean Macedonia. Its no secret Macedonia cant even defend itself, let alone invade another country.

Would love to see Turkey steam role these mutt armeniod Turkslavs in 20 minutes
Big Bad Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #2358
Tomche Makedonche

Tomche Makedonche is on a distinguished road

Yes I know the figures are sourced from Sitel but thought it relevant to show how public opinion is currenlty being conveyed

Quote:
http://www.ekathimerini.com/238066/a...eal-poll-shows

Public divided in North Macedonia over name deal, poll shows

Public opinion in North Macedonia is divided over the Prespes agreement with Greece, according to a recent survey in the neighboring country.

More specifically, the poll, conducted on behalf of the Sitel TV channel, showed that 44.6 percent said they felt positively about the accord against 45.6 percent who said they had negative feelings about it.

However, a significant 59.5 percent said they believe the deal will have a positive impact on relations between the two countries.

Moreover, 57.7 percent expressed belief that both countries will implement the deal.

Around half (50.5 percent) of those surveyed said they thought the government in Skopje did a good job during the negotiations with Greece against 40.7 percent who said it didn’t. Another 49.2 percent said they believe the name deal will make it easier to travel to Greece.

Meanwhile, opposition parties in Greece reacted angrily to a BBC report on Sunday that referred to a Macedonian minority in Greece that speaks the Macedonian language.

Diplomatic sources in Greece refuted the claim of a Macedonian minority and said the government will send a letter in protest to the BBC.

Concern was also raised in Greece by a letter sent by the North Macedonian Foreign Ministry to local journalists with instructions that the language of the country and the nationality of its citizens will both be called Macedonian – as is stipulated in the Prespes agreement.

There was also consternation in Greece after the publication of the note verbale that Skopje had sent to the United Nations two weeks ago with regard to the country’s acronyms MK and MKD.
“There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio
Tomche Makedonche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #2359
JPMKD

JPMKD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
Yes I know the figures are sourced from Sitel but thought it relevant to show how public opinion is currenlty being conveyed
The realities of the deal are sinking in though. Well to be fair, it's still early. no one has come in and told them what to think yet!
(Yes, still cynical.....)
I am encouraged a small amount by the memorandum's and the BBC "issue"
Old 02-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #2360
JPMKD

JPMKD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
Yet another outburst of hate by Kammenos.

URL:
http://www.ekathimerini.com/237927/a...s-pass-through

Former defence minister Panos Kammenos lambasted the Prespes accord in a new television interview late Wednesday night, suggesting Greece could take over the small country in 20 minutes.

“We do not feel any threat. Skopje is a 20-minute job. If a troop of tanks decided to cross the border, it will reach the other side of Skopje. It will reach Serbia,” he was quoted as telling Greek TV channel TRT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko777 View Post
How many minutes does it take for Turkey to invade Greece?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
Yeah you and RTG said it, and I too thought exactly the same thing when I read the article.

They have almost spent 3 decades playing the victim and generating artificial fear mongering that Macedonia will one day have territorial aspirations on Aegean Macedonia. Its no secret Macedonia cant even defend itself, let alone invade another country.

Would love to see Turkey steam role these mutt armeniod Turkslavs in 20 minutes

I was thinking along those lines as well. I mean even if the Serbs hadn't taken the hardware and radar at the initial split, it's still a silly thing for them to have legit worried about.
I recall a political cartoon from a Greek newspaper around 2004/2005 that had a few Macedonian troops rushing over the border backed by US tanks......(I think this was around the time the US was building the way too big embassy)