Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 01-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #31
Rogi

Rogi is on a distinguished road

Diaspora can't vote for these upcoming elections (local and Presidential) in March.
The new law comes into effect for the next elections.

Then, you'll only need to be a Macedonian citizen, in order to be able to vote and taking out citizenship is already easy, but it will be made much, much easier and quicker for Macedonians.

If you want to vote for the upcoming elections you'll need Macedonian citizenship, and a Macedonian ID (lichna karta) which will require you to have an address of where you are living in Macedonia, in which case you become a registered voter for that electorate.
Rogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #32
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Macedonians have quite simply not been convenient since the rise of nationalism.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 AM   #33
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

As for Kerim, he only has himself to blame for this, when the time was ripe for him to stand up and declare his position he stayed quiet, he should have made himself clear and distanced himself from SDS instead of trying to (seemingly) discreetly play both sides in anticipation of the better offer.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #34
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

That should be no problem given that most of us have either family or friends in the Macedonian Republic.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 AM   #35
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

ROGI,

I think it was you that shared some more information with regard to the background of Ivanov, his education, history, etc. Can you fill us in a little more?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #36
Jankovska

Jankovska is on a distinguished road

Still I have no idea who this guy is, I am not saying he is a bad guy or anything but I am scared that people will vote for him due to his VMRO conection and that should not happen. We must choose a leader not blindly follow a party. I fear that most of people in Macedonia who now support the guy actually haven't got a clue who he is, what is his background, was he a criminal, was he a good guy? No one knows. I don't like it.
I am going to Macedonia on the 21st so I will be there but if the info stays as limited as it is now I will not vote.
Jankovska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #37
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

I share your concerns Jankovska and understand what you are saying. We must be very careful and mindful of our selection.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #38
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Here is what Ivanov is about:

YouTube - For Greek and Bulgarian lies END!

Seems pretty legit to me.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #39
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

i like his demeanour as well as his intellect and obvious knowledge. he is also honest in recognising how deluded many od us me included were during the yugo era. he would make a perfect president if this interview is an indication of his character intellect passion and commitment to macedonia. i also like the way he speaks macedonian it lyrical and down to earth, a very impressive young man. its great to see our small nation throwing up such people like ivanov.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #40
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

I agree Osiris, we need a patriot and an intellect as president, Ivanov looks like our man. I have still not given up hope on Boskovski, but he has to come out and clarify his stance soon, we need to know for sure whether or not the Brat Ljube we know is still in him.

Tags
gjorgje ivanov, nato, president, shkarich, udba