X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

Australian actor Russell Crowe rants against circumcision

I just saw this article on Israeli media. I thought it would be interesting to learn your opinions about circumcision;

Actor Russell Crowe rants against circumcision on Twitter

Australian actor's comments come shortly after activists were successful in putting a ban of circumcision on an upcoming ballot in San Francisco.

Australian actor Russell Crowe of Gladiator fame went off against circumcision on his Twitter account Thursday, calling it "barbaric and stupid".

A Crowe follower told the Australian celebrity that he was expecting a son soon, and asked for his input on whether he should have his baby circumcised.

Crowe responded harshly, saying that "circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD requires a donation of foreskin?"

The actor added that "babies are perfect" when they are born. Crowe later said that he "will always stand for the perfection of babies, I will always believe in God, not man's interpretation of what God requires."

Crowe's comments come shortly after activists were successful in putting a ban of circumcision on an upcoming ballot in San Francisco. In the event the motion to prohibit the ritual act passes, it will be considered a misdemeanor and its perpetrators will be forced to pay a fine.

Several followers responded to Crowe's remarks, using scientific and hygienic explanations to justify circumcision. The actor rebuffed them, saying that "'human' science has caused too much damage," calling the follower "a moron". In response to claims that circumcision is hygienic the actor scoffed, saying "why don't you sew up your ass then?"

The actor pointed out what he believes to be a double standard, saying it is "interesting that female circumcision is widely considered barbaric, while male circumcision is so widely accepted."

Crowe clarified that he is not anti-Semitic, saying he loves his Jewish friends with their "apples and the honey and the funny little hats". However, he implored them to stop "cutting" their babies.

The Aussie actor proudly admitted that his own foreskin is still intact, saying "it's cold here in Ireland, it's like a turtle neck, but for my penis".

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...itter-1.366975
    First, i gotta say that he is clearly uninformed about this issue since he is comparing the woman circumcision in Africa with the muslim and jewish male circumcision. As you know, Africans circumcises adolescent girls to make them not feel any sexual pleasure but male circumcision have absolutely no negative effect on the person.

Btw, it`s pretty interesting to hear that circumcision is banned in San Francisco anymore!!! I wonder how Jews allowed that to happen in US. Thats really absurd! If circumcision is banned then why piercing, tattooing is legal since both of these issues are in kinda similar context, altering the body.
  • DirtyCodingHabitz
    • Sep 2010

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum, so far.

If circumcision is banned then why piercing, tattooing is legal since both of these issues are in kinda similar context, altering the body.
    When you circumcise a person you are actually taking out parts of the body, but when you tattoo or pierce a person you are adding something to your body.

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

LOL, personal choice. I refused my sons when they were born, I think its cruel.
      There was a jewish rabbi and clan in the nursery next to my room when my first son was born , and the piercing screams from the darling baby boy cut right through me.
      Inhumane , yes, the midwife told me they dab a local and do the procedure , its absolutely wrong.Anyone that says a baby cant feel pain deserves to have the skin off their middle finger peeled off and can answer how that feels
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post

I think its cruel.
        God bless you nevesto

YouTube - ‪First Cut is the Deepest - by Rod Stewart‬‏

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Russell Crowe
          In response to claims that circumcision is hygienic the actor scoffed, saying "why don't you sew up your ass then?
          I have a new respect for Russell.

... I see no reason for it. But admit I am not particularly passionate about the issue .... just keep that scalpel away from me and my sons thanks.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
            Love your work MK
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

the only reason people seem to do it they reckon is for hygiene.But female mutilation should be banned.
              I beleive in letting nature takes it's course.Unless there's medical grounds why do it.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Like Russell Crowe says, sew up the ass if you are talking about hygiene

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

Crowe clarified that he is not anti-Semitic, saying he loves his Jewish friends with their "apples and the honey and the funny little hats". However, he implored them to stop "cutting" their babies.
                  Anti-Semitic has lost its meaning a long time ago. This is a great documentary film that I found on YouTube:
                  YouTube - ‪Yoav Shamir - Defamation‬‏

I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. It gives views from all sides about Jews, the word "anti-Semite" and their political problem.

Comment

• Zarni
                    Banned
                    • May 2011

Russell understands the difference between the male and female practice he isn’t stupid just brave to have a comment
                    the moment I read the word circumcision I knew Russel was immediately called anti Semitic.

If you criticise Israel or the Jews in any way you are automatically called anti-Semitic that is the reality. Nothing more to say more important topics in the World then Jewish sensitivity fuck them.

I reguarally watch FLORA TV and TED http://www.ted.com/

Watch this debate on Isreal and what it means to say anything about Jews in any light shape or form

Last edited by Zarni; 06-10-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                      Anti-Semitic has lost its meaning a long time ago. This is a great documentary film that I found on YouTube:

I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. It gives views from all sides about Jews, the word "anti-Semite" and their political problem.
                      Thanks for the link. It was very interesting to watch indeed. Especially the part where it shows Israeli kids visiting Poland together with Mossad agents!!! I am really sorry for these children cuz they are simply getting brainwashed and getting raised with some kind of delusional paranoia.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Julie i won't poo poo that.Congrats we agree.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Haven't people herd of soap and shower its not that hard to clean it just like the rest of your body.
                          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                            Thanks for the link. It was very interesting to watch indeed. Especially the part where it shows Israeli kids visiting Poland together with Mossad agents!!! I am really sorry for these children cuz they are simply getting brainwashed and getting raised with some kind of delusional paranoia.
                            I knew you would enjoy watching it . Yea it's kinda said that they make their own children paranoid and brainwash them "Who would I like to kill? all of them...". But you also see a positive side in the film that there are Jews that stand up against Israel's war crimes and their warmonger supporters.

It is a shame that Norman Finkelstein got banned from his own country because he spoke out.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

lavce regular cleaning is all that's needed.If you do it properly you may not need to be circumsised at all.Anyway i don't think medicare covers the circumcisiion does it??
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X