Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #501
Rogi

Rogi is on a distinguished road

Perhaps not for a protest, but we can only gauge that once we see it happen.

When it is out there and all over the media, the community needs to start talking about it, then the wider community gets upset, then there is momentum and energy for something like that.

It has to come from the community, we can't manufacture it, we can only make our community aware and react to their feeling.

Though bear in mind, a public protest is really considered the least effective lobbying option. More would come out of the opposition getting onto it, the mainstream Australian media (particularly anti-Labor media) getting onto it with the SA election looming, and the Macedonian Government officially protesting to the Australian Government.
Rogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #502
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP_MK View Post
Sorry, I was there this morning. I've done more than enough running around today. Mutual territory is best. Hyatt is nice and quiet on a Tuesday evening.
I reckon behind the old church from back in the Pop Georgi days. Go for it. MP_MK, Makedonche has a hell of a handshake.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #503
MP_MK
Banned

MP_MK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post
Yes it did Rogi, it was a great achievement and one that we will remember for a long time..

MP, The MTO has contributed alot, keep it up guys we can do this together.

Can I ask what? Honestly. What contributions on the Rann matter have taken place from MTO?
MP_MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #504
Rogi

Rogi is on a distinguished road

Risto, I can't comment that as I haven't seen the evidence of UMD claiming the protest as a sole UMD initiative.
Rogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #505
Prolet

Prolet is on a distinguished road

The Macedonian Community of Victoria needs to be involved in this, now we are getting somewhere.
Prolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #506
MP_MK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risto the great View Post
i reckon behind the old church from back in the pop georgi days. Go for it. Mp_mk, makedonche has a hell of a handshake.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:16 AM   #507
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can I ask what? Honestly. What contributions on the Rann matter have taken place from MTO?
Here, let me have a go:

MTO presents the issue to the broader Macedonian public.
AMHRC immediately pounces upon the matter in an effective manner.
Hodge podge of (various) community action including UMD involvement.

Are you suggesting the action of AMHRC undermined this process MP_MK? Because it was instigated from this very forum.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #508
Prolet

Prolet is on a distinguished road

Quote:

MP, It has raised awareness in our communities. The AMHRC found out via this forum and took action. Other community leaders aswell as our embassy are informed. We need to be together on this remember?? Tone it down a bit, every little bit helps believe me. You've done your part too, just tone down on the attitude there is no need to be putting anybody down.
Prolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #509
makedonche

makedonche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, I was there this morning. I've done more than enough running around today. Mutual territory is best. Hyatt is nice and quiet on a Tuesday evening.
If your'e not happy with that 1/2 way point, pick another one, it does't have to be at the community.
makedonche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #510
MP_MK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
Perhaps not for a protest, but we can only gauge that once we see it happen.

When it is out there and all over the media, the community needs to start talking about it, then the wider community gets upset, then there is momentum and energy for something like that.

It has to come from the community, we can't manufacture it, we can only make our community aware and react to their feeling.

Though bear in mind, a public protest is really considered the least effective lobbying option. More would come out of the opposition getting onto it, the mainstream Australian media (particularly anti-Labor media) getting onto it with the SA election looming, and the Macedonian Government officially protesting to the Australian Government.

Roji, I don't expect you to go looking through this thread, but those are the angles I outlined and a protest would only gel it all together.

I assure you 100% that it will be all over Macedonian tv shortly. When I get the high res clips from them, we will circulate it here locally.

Opposition jumping on the wagon is key and have sent an overview of the matter to almost every opposition party member.

You have my email, send me a private email to discuss.

Thanks for your productive reply and assistance.

Tags
amhrc, australia, bolkus, ethnic, greece, macedonia, racist rann, rann, rann greeks