Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

Old 05-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #11
Dejan

Dejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud ofDejan has much to be proud of

The most comical thing is the fact that these pure greeks are researching their roots on a non greek forum. This is hilarious! Carry on pure bloods...

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.
Dejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #12
Nikola Gruevski
Banned

Nikola Gruevski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by George S. View Post
...Your analysis of kiro gligorov is toally flawed.You paint a rosy picture of kiro its incorrect.Kiro was a traitor think what he said to the press in Athens.WE are not Macedonians but slavs.What atraitor,this is high treaon & treachery.
Sinisa Jakov Marusic
Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
Quote:
...he (Gligorov) was sent to the Yugoslav capital, Belgrade, where he held various high-level government positions.
Later he would recall he was sent there to cut him off from his “pronounced” Macedonian nationalist convictions.
Gligorov was a big patriot; a wise, decisive and calm politician,” says Aco Kabranov, a veteran editor and journalist. “I was present in his cabinet during some very tense moments but he always managed to remain composed.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by George S. View Post
He agreed along with branko etc to change the name to fyrom supposed to be short period.The flag was changed to the ventilator.The economic blockade by Greece caused immense ,big big damage to Macedonia.
Sinisa Jakov Marusic
Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
Quote:
As part of the dispute, Greece imposed a devastating 19-month economic embargo on Macedonia. The embargo ended in 1995 when Macedonia signed a UN brokered deal with Greece and agreed to remove the sun from its flag and to revise the disputed constitutional articles.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Though Gligorov is considered a "traitor" on this forum with most if not all members, he was responding to external forces and the very really potential of being pulled into the Yogoslav war. A war that could have had drastic results to the countries territory as even in those early days the Albanians were pushing for autonomy if not outright separation. With no army and a porous Albanian/Macedonian border the chances of losing a disproportionate portion of territory to the Albanians would have been the most probable result.
Nikola Gruevski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #13
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road

Nikola Gruevski,

I'm an Admin here. You've been asked by another Admin whether you are Macedonian, Greek or something else (and if so what). I'd like you to respond to that question in the next post for the sake of transparency.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #14
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

He is a Greek.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
Nikola Gruevski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
He is a Greek.
This is correct and I have stated this in my past post. I'm strictly looking at political strategies between the two countries while offering an opinion from the Greek perspective.

I'll stay away from anything that goes against your rules, which I have reviewed.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #16
Sweet Sixteen
Banned

Sweet Sixteen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
The only thing they knew of Macedonia was that "it didn't exist". They seem to forget easily. Kind of pathetic really.
Well, that’s slightly (just slightly) inaccurate. Greeks have been using the terms Macedonia for the region and Macedonian for its people. The adjective Macedonian was used for everything local (products, foods, music, songs, dances, dresses etc).

The No 1 newspaper of Macedonia (from 1911 till today) is called… “Macedonia” and has the faces of Philip & Alexander in its logo. One of the first Greek newspapers of Thessaloniki before “Macedonia” was called “Lighthouse of Macedonia [Φάρος της Μακεδονίας]” (1881-1902).

The Macedonian Struggle is the No3 National Holiday and the song “Famed Macedonia [Μακεδονία Ξακουστή]” is the No 2 National Song (after National Hymn). The heroes of the Macedonian Struggle were called Macedonian Fighters.

Football Teams (Macedonicos), associations, clubs, various companies, local administrations etc bare the names Macedonia/ Macedonian. All these, were since long before 1980s. It should be emphasized that the name was never avoided or replaced (e.g. with an alternate name).

*Edit: That's just an older post of mine, that was deleted by administrators along with my (then) account.

===

Last edited by Sweet Sixteen; 05-20-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Sweet Sixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #17
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry my friend. You clearly weren't in Australia 30 years ago. You simply do not know the "official" stance of Greeks as it related too Macedonians back then. You're going to have to trust my intimate knowledge of the reality of this matter. Where do you think those pathetic people learned such a strange concept?

They used to say Macedonians don't exist. Now they say they they are Macedonians. I'm not making this up. By all means tell me about the prosfiga with a picture of Alexander the Great on his house in 1930 but don't tell me what was really going on in the diaspora.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #18
Nikola Gruevski
Banned

I don't make the rules here, but have I not seen this conversation on another thread? I hope everyone participates on the strategies, rather than historical perspectives, at least on this thread.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #19
Risto the Great

Nikola, your name choice is unfortunate. Some would think you are a Macedonian. How about you either contribute or else shut up?

Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #20
Nikola Gruevski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
Well, that’s slightly (just slightly) inaccurate. Greeks have been using the terms Macedonia for the region and Macedonian for its people. The adjective Macedonian was used for everything local (products, foods, music, songs, dances, dresses etc).

The No 1 newspaper of Macedonia (from 1911 till today) is called… “Macedonia” and has the faces of Philip & Alexander in its logo. One of the first Greek newspapers of Thessaloniki before “Macedonia” was called “Lighthouse of Macedonia [Φάρος της Μακεδονίας]” (1881-1902).

The Macedonian Struggle is the No3 National Holiday and the song “Famed Macedonia [Μακεδονία Ξακουστή]” is the No 2 National Song (after National Hymn). The heroes of the Macedonian Struggle were called Macedonian Fighters.

Football Teams (Macedonicos), associations, clubs, various companies, local administrations etc bare the names Macedonia/ Macedonian. All these, were since long before 1980s. It should be emphasized that the name was never avoided or replaced (e.g. with an alternate name).

*Edit: That's just an older post of mine, that was deleted by administrators along with my (then) account.

===
Sweet Sixteen & Risto the Great

In grade school in Greece 1969/70 I was taught about Pavlos Melas, Markos Dragoumis and others, whom I can't remember now, but these men were from Macedonia or Northern Epiros (Albania). The Macedonia liberation and Macedonians of Greek stock were front and center in school in Greece, as was the Greek populations of Constantinople and obviously Smirni.

However, in the late 70's in Canada I got to know of another type of Macedonian. We would meet as friends or friends of friends, but they were foreign to me and always left me confused about the term. Every time I would meet these people they would go out of there way to tell me that they were not Greek. In prolonged statements about how they were not Greek, and that they were from Yugoslavia. I would read one thing about Macedonians, most books by foreigners, telling me that Greeks are Macedonians and then these people telling me something else.

In my late teens I had a Macedonian friend and while at his house I met his parents and they told me with out me asking that they understand my language. I never questioned them out of respect and ignorance as it did not matter to me.

From my mother I found out that she had two meanings for the term "makedoni". One for those of Greek stock and one for those from the "seenora" (Border area), but for the foreigners it was always accompanied with a term I can't use on this forum.

With regards to family history my great grandmother was born in 1870 and I met her in 1972 one year before her death. Hard of sight but still with a strong mind. The account of the family was told by her at family gatherings and that account stretched back to her great grandparents life. It was of accounts of Greeks in Macedonia and on the islands.

That is my account. Make of it what you will.