Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #71
Pelagon

Pelagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramo View Post
If you can read and understand bulgarian there are some of his works on wikipedia.
"Bulgarian" is a Macedonic language but the "Bulgarian" Kanchov would have used would be different from modern literary "Bulgarian" and it may be impossible to find an online translator for it. And I don't understand (fully) a different language to Macedonian even if it is a closely related Macedonic language but I assume that tables with population statistics should be clear enough to grasp.

Quote:
What you asked for statistics for all ethnic Macedonia is given on this link
http://www.promacedonia.org/vk/vk_2_b.htm
What I asked for is to actually get the English article published in a "Macedonian Review" issue (I used to own a copy but have lost it) posted here.

That website is PRO-Bulgarian and ANTI-Macedonian and I don't wish to give it any promotion or credibility for anything Macedonian. I am guessing VK stands for Vasil KURlakovski (Karlaukovski), a known hard-core anti-Macedonian Bulgar propagandist from decades ago.

Quote:
These are the numbers for the Macedonians, Albanians, Turks and Greeks.

macedonians ("bulgarians") 1,181,336 (1,032,533 christian, 148,803 macedonian muslim)
albanians (arnauts) 128,711 ( 9,510 christian, 119,201 )

turks 499,204
greeks 228,702

I can see from this table that Macedonian Muslims were more than Albanians in 1900
These figures are one reason why Macedonians should chase up the source (and anything similar and detailed) I suggested.

Thanks for the feedback Ramo.
Pelagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #72
ramo

ramo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud oframo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagon View Post
"Bulgarian" is a Macedonic language but the "Bulgarian" Kanchov would have used would be different from modern literary "Bulgarian" and it may be impossible to find an online translator for it. And I don't understand (fully) a different language to Macedonian even if it is a closely related Macedonic language but I assume that tables with population statistics should be clear enough to grasp.

What I asked for is to actually get the English article published in a "Macedonian Review" issue (I used to own a copy but have lost it) posted here.

That website is PRO-Bulgarian and ANTI-Macedonian and I don't wish to give it any promotion or credibility for anything Macedonian. I am guessing VK stands for Vasil KURlakovski (Karlaukovski), a known hard-core anti-Macedonian Bulgar propagandist from decades ago.

These figures are one reason why Macedonians should chase up the source (and anything similar and detailed) I suggested.

Thanks for the feedback Ramo.
I put bulgarian in quotes because K'nchov clearly states that Macedonians called themselves Macedonians and yet he didn't mind calling them Bulgarians and misinterpreting the facts.

Google translate does not translate correct some words in english because the script on the web page i posted is with 3-4 letters more in 1900 that they don't use today. Those are.

ѣ - е
ѫ - а ("ѫ" is mainly used in the word "сѫ (са)" - meaning "ARE" )

Also the letter "ъ" used in the end of the words, also not used today, makes problem in translating to english. For example "югъ" (macedonian "југ") in the text if you try to translate to english it translates to "yuga (latin)" meaning nothing. If you remove the letter "ъ" the translation becomes "south" which is correct. The word "съ" (macedonian "со", english "with") is translated in english to "со" (cyrilic). If you remove "ъ" the "с" (cyrilic and also today written in bulgarian as single letter) translates to "with" in english which is correct.
If you change those letters in google translate you should get better translation.

I must also say that Vasil K'nchov quotes another people that made some population statistics befor him, like the russian Rostkovski. Rostvkovski calls the local macedonian population Macedonians Slavs or Slavs and not Bulgarians, but as i said he doesn't mind misinterpreting the facts.

P.S. I didn't know you were looking for certain source i thought you were looking for anything. I will try to find it. And one more thing, i know what kind of web site is promacedonia don't worry . cheers.

Last edited by ramo; 03-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.
ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #73
Pelagon

Pelagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramo View Post
I put bulgarian in quotes because K'nchov clearly states that Macedonians called themselves Macedonians and yet he didn't mind calling them Bulgarians and misinterpreting the facts.

Google translate does not translate correct some words in english because the script on the web page i posted is with 3-4 letters more in 1900 that they don't use today. Those are.

ѣ - е
ѫ - а ("ѫ" is mainly used in the word "сѫ (са)" - meaning "ARE" )

Also the letter "ъ" used in the end of the words, also not used today, makes problem in translating to english. For example "югъ" (macedonian "југ") in the text if you try to translate to english it translates to "yuga (latin)" meaning nothing. If you remove the letter "ъ" the translation becomes "south" which is correct. The word "съ" (macedonian "со", english "with") is translated in english to "со" (cyrilic). If you remove "ъ" the "с" (cyrilic and also today written in bulgarian as single letter) translates to "with" in english which is correct.
If you change those letters in google translate you should get better translation.

I must also say that Vasil K'nchov quotes another people that made some population statistics befor him, like the russian Rostkovski. Rostvkovski calls the local macedonian population Macedonians Slavs or Slavs and not Bulgarians, but as i said he doesn't mind misinterpreting the facts.

P.S. I didn't know you were looking for certain source i thought you were looking for anything. I will try to find it. And one more thing, i know what kind of web site is promacedonia don't worry . cheers.
OK and thanks for feedback.

Ramo, if you can put something useful together in Macedonian or English from the above sources in terms of statistics, especially as it relates to the Aranuts and Greeks, I am sure it would be appreciated by many and it would be a good contribution to the resources available online and through the MTO (and this topic thread, too).

Cheers
Pelagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #74
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Not related to Kanchov directly but attached here is an ethnography on Macedonia written by Lerinec, Spiro Gulapčev. Despite him referring to the population in Macedonia as "Macedonian Bulgarians", he was one of the first envisioners of a Balkan Federation and strongly believed Macedonia should form its own autonomous unit within said federation.

http://www.strumski.com/books/%D0%95...0%B8%D1%8F.pdf