X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

"Pride Parade" in Skopje

Skopje will host North Macedonia’s first Pride Parade on June 29, according to the country’s LGBTQ activists.

Zivot za site!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Only a matter of time before the Ventilator is replaced with the rainbow flag. Not sure which is worse,
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

Our identity is in the toilet, who cares if some gay people walk up and down a street for a day.

Comment

• Pelagonija
        • Mar 2017

Don’t be like that Gocka, we have Greek warplanes protecting our gay identity from the sky.

Comment

• Solun
          • Sep 2012

Would be most appropriate for Zaev and Soros holding hands to lead this parade

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

"Pride Parade" in (North) Macedonia

North Macedonia prepares to hold its first ever Pride parade, but opponents propose a counter-march.

North Macedonia is holding its first ever Pride parade on Saturday, although there are plans for a rival march in support of "traditional family values". Skopje Pride will have a fitting soundtrack - local pop star Tamara Todevska will perform her hit Proud, which won the jury vote at this year's Eurovision Song Contest. She told the Skopje1 news site that "everyone deserves to live their lives according to their own rules. Love yourself, rejoice, life is beautiful. Love is love". She will be joined by ministers and members of parliament, according to the Pride organisers, who have also extended an invitation to gay-rights supporters at home and abroad.

But not everyone is feeling the love. Representatives of conservative and religious groups are staging a separate march not far from where Skopje Pride will take place, to raise their concerns about what they call "LGBT propaganda", says the Televizija 24 news site. The parallel gathering is being organised by a group called Alliance for Life who say they are not happy with the growing influence of Western and other values that "seek to redefine marriage, family and gender" away from the traditional definitions of Orthodox Christianity. They want the ministers and MPs who are going to Pride to come to their march too, otherwise they're "discriminating against family values".

Macedonian LGBTI rights activist Koco Andonovski told the Ekspres news site that the counter march is an attempt to intimidate people into avoiding the parade, which Alliance for Life denies. But some of the social-media rhetoric of its supporters has been very unpleasant, accusing the Pride event of being a "Parade of the Sick" and a "Parade of Shame", not to mention asking whether Pride means being "proud of disease". But Antonio Mihajlov of the parade organising committee insists nothing is going to spoil the party. "Skopje Pride is a safe and secure event for everyone, so I invite LGBTI people, supporters, and citizens who strive for equality and inclusiveness, to join us," he told Skopje1.
            Well, both that moron Tamara and this piece of garbage who is organising the "parade" are traitors to Macedonia and have readily accepted their new northie designation. Tamara at Eurovision and this Mihajlov character in the below clip:

Facing threats, harassment, and sometimes violence, LGBT activists in the Balkans have pushed ahead with protests and parades. As North Macedonia holds its first gay pride march in the capital, Skopje, members of the LGBT community there speak about the challenges they face. (Reuters)

This so-called community must be gleeful that out of the ashes of Macedonia came "North" Macedonia. What they should do is have their parade in the ethnic Albanian areas of Skopje given the latter were so keen to link up with opportunistic 'leftists' like Zaev.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

I think this photo sums up the situation well

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

They may as well chant USA USA USA.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

In a landmark move, North Macedonia hosted its first ever Gay Pride Parade, with cabinet members and foreign diplomats joining LGBT activists in Skopje. Priests from various denominations attended a counter-rally.

First gay pride rally held in North Macedonia. In a landmark move, North Macedonia hosted its first ever Gay Pride Parade, with cabinet members and foreign diplomats joining LGBT activists in Skopje. Priests from various denominations attended a counter-rally. Several hundred LGBT activists marched through the Macedonian capital Skopje on Saturday for the country's first Gay Pride Parade. Participants from Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia, and the UK also took part in the festive rally. North Macedonia is one of the last Balkan countries to hold such an event in the conservative region. The nation's pro-EU government pushes to improve protection of minorities as it hopes to begin EU ascension talks. State officials joined the Saturday rally, including Macedonian Defense Minister Radmila Shekerinska and Labor and Social Issues Minister Mila Carovska. Skopje-based diplomats also showed their support by attending the parade. "We are proud to celebrate, support, and participate in Skopje Pride," the US embassy said in a tweet. Local human rights activist Koco Andonovski said that the crowd of marchers was much bigger than expected. He told the Reuters news agency that "hate speech of those who attempted to scare people away backfired." A slew of homophobic comments and remarks had been published online ahead of the event.. Religious leaders unite for counter-event. While the march was completed without incident, a counter-rally also took place in Skopje on Saturday. Christian priests from various denominations, members of the Muslim community, and Roman Catholic nuns attended the event in front of a Skopje cathedral in the Eastern Orthodox-majority country. The counter-demonstrators carried placards reading "Marriage, family, future" and "Gender and sex are biology, not ideology," as well as "Mother and father – foundation and roof." They also played drums and sang hymns, videos from the scene showed. Citing unspecified "research and analysis" about gay marriage, local evangelical pastor Goran Iliev said it showed how "children growing up with two male of female parents are confused and cannot find their way in society, they are prone to suicide and depression, because a man with only one hand wants to have two of them." Representative of the local Eastern Orthodox church, Ivica Todorov, said that participants in the Gay Pride March were being manipulated. He said that his own rally was "above parties, above denominations, and is showing the meaning of God-given values." The government of North Macedonia was hoping to start the formal accession talks with the EU this month, but discord inside the bloc postponed the decision until October.
                  Much bigger than expected because people from other countries had to bolster numbers. And all they were able to muster was "several" hundred (most probably much less than that), even with the support of likeminded people from the UK, and more significantly, from Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia, who now seem to love "North" Macedonia and all the treachery it represents.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

The outrage at this is misplaced in my opinion.

A few hundred pederi marching has absolutely no significance in relation to what happened or what is happening. Its not like there are no gay people in Macedonia.

My anger was directed at talks that there was going to be a counter march. I though to myself, people can organize to go yell at some pederi but they couldn't do the same to protect their dignity and identity.

In the end it appears that (shocker) that there wasn't a counter march. So at least their laziness is consistent.

I think we want to directly associate this to the name change but I don't think that is accurate. Those 400 gay people didn't change Macedonia's name.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                      The outrage at this is misplaced in my opinion.

A few hundred pederi marching has absolutely no significance in relation to what happened or what is happening. Its not like there are no gay people in Macedonia.

My anger was directed at talks that there was going to be a counter march. I though to myself, people can organize to go yell at some pederi but they couldn't do the same to protect their dignity and identity.

In the end it appears that (shocker) that there wasn't a counter march. So at least their laziness is consistent.

I think we want to directly associate this to the name change but I don't think that is accurate. Those 400 gay people didn't change Macedonia's name.
                      Yeah I'm on a similar page to this. Some people care more about this than they do the name change or any other recent political development and honestly that just sums up what is wrong with that country.
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Gocka View Post

There was a march, but none of the media covered it. You can see some photos on facebook if you search "SENARODEN SOBIR ZA ZASHTITA NA TRADICIONALNITE SEMEJNI VREDNOSTI"

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Yep, this world is quickly becoming a poofter's paradise and Severdjikistan is desperately trying to prove to the EU pedos and faggots that they are just as capable at throwing a gay parade as the rest of Europe. Clearly, the parade's numbers were small and mainly made up of like-minded champions of such European core values from neighbouring countries and beyond but no one can doubt the fact that Severdjikistan has, with this anti-Orthodox act, for all intents and purposes, initiated itself into the EU satanic sect. The EU masters would be very pleased indeed to see such inclusivity and diversity on display in their pet project, Severdjikistan.

It wasn't long ago that state and church were closely tied institutions that worked together in setting legislature and the standards of right and wrong for their respective societies. What we are seeing now is a complete subversion of all our institutions that have existed for centuries from something good and to be respected to something horrible, archaic and indefensible. The subversion can be seen everywhere and at every step:
                          • You are no longer what God made you but what you choose to be.
                          • Marriage is no longer between a man or woman but with whatever works for you (even inanimate objects - yes, it's a thing).
                          • Concerning yourself with the welfare of your nation and country is seen as fascism and racism.
                          • Vegetarianism (militant) - You're a murderer if you eat meat.
                          • Veganism (militant) - You're an animal exploiter if you eat eggs, milk and cheese.
                          • Feminism (militant) - convinces young women to be career driven and not a dumb homemaker, making babies and looking after the home. But, as they soon find out, it comes at a great cost - they are so consumed with trying to climb the corporate ladder and earning as much as their male colleagues that they forget to start a family, until it's too late.
                          • Self obsession/narcissism

Sadly, I can go on and on.

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                            There was a march, but none of the media covered it. You can see some photos on facebook if you search "SENARODEN SOBIR ZA ZASHTITA NA TRADICIONALNITE SEMEJNI VREDNOSTI"
                            How many counter marchers showed up? I can't find jack, even on Macedonian media. I don't have a Facebook, and when I tried searching the phrase on google, all I got was a link to this thread.

Comment

• vicsinad
                              • May 2011

Gocka,

Counter protest was shown here, at the 1 minute mark:

Around 1,000 people gathered on June 29 in the capital of North Macedonia, Skopje, for the first-ever gay pride parade in a Balkan country that hopes to finally make progress toward EU membership.

Comment

Working...
                              X