X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/17888/2/

Athens is considering the option to nullify the 1995 Interim Agreement with Macedonia after facing a legal defeat at the Hague, says yesterday's edition of Greek daily Kathimerini.

Stavros Ligeros, the author of the article claims if Greece had quit the Agreement earlier, Skopje wouldn't have had the opportunity to sue Athens. Now, says Ligeros, Greece is looking at an embarassing outcome, losing a legal challenge at the ICJ. Athens should have never allowed a political problem with Skopje to turn into a legal problem, says Ligeros.

Greek Media blames the former government led by Karamanlis, but also the current for not withdrawing from the Agreement.

To make matters worse for the Greek side, its media mentions Evangelos Kofos and Christos Rozakis who in 1996 and 2001 said Greece had given up its right to blackmail/block Macedonia on its path to NATO and the EU. In a way, both Kofos and Rozakis had written Macedonia's lawsuit against Greece at the ICJ.

Macedonian analyst are not surprised by Greece's moves and consideration of abandoning the 1995 Interim Agreement. The fact that Athens is looking to quit the interim agreement is a sign that official Athens if not confident then is certainly expecting to lose the lawsuit at the ICJ.

Macedonian experts explain Greece's withdrawal from the agreement will mean more blockades for the country, however the blockades are in place for several years now, in other words nothing changes. Once the agreement is abandoned, Athens can no longer make requests on which symbols, flags, (Kutlesh) sun, or names Macedonia uses.
    Can anybody provide an update as to where we are at with the ICJ case? This seems to be the last article report on the case which was posted on this thread.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Can anybody provide an update as to where we are at with the ICJ case? This seems to be the last article report on the case which was posted on this thread.
      Anybody know more about this?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I seem to recall a ruling was expected in September or November ... pretty useless recollection, I am sure you would agree.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• DedoAleko
          • Jun 2009

ICJ's verdict postponed till November:

Пресудата од Хаг ќе задоцни

Хашкиот суд ќе ја одложи пресудата за македонско-грчкиот случај, дознава Сител. Епилогот од тужбата, Скопје и Атина најверојатно ќе го чујат два месеци подоцна од очекуваното.

Извори од МНР потврдуваат дека наместо крајот на септември како што се најавуваше, пресудата ќе биде донесена при крајот на ноември.

Хашкиот суд испратил кусо известување до македонското МНР во кое се вели пресудата по тужбата на Македонија против Грција ќе биде соопштена на есен, но не е прецизиран точен датум.

Дипломатски извори од Хаг велат дека ова условно одложување на одлуката е поради интерни причини. Во последниов месец се случувале превирања, но и скандали во редовите на хашките судии.

За ваквиот потег на судот аналитичарите имаат поделни мислења. Дел сметаат дека во прашање е можен меѓународен притисок со цел да се постигне компромис за името, пред пресудата да биде соопштена.

Јана Лозановска пак, експерт по Меѓународно право не гледа заткулисни игри. Коментира дека судот во принцип е бавен и бирократското работење најверојатно е причината за одоговлекување на пресудите.

Иако нема рокови, според досегашната пракса Судот на правдата, пресудите ги носи најдоцна за 6 месеци.

Правниците велеа дека ова е кристално јасен случај, дека аргументите се на македонска страна, што беше и причина македонските власти првично да очекуваат конечната одлука да биде објавена уште крајот на јули.

izvor: http://sitel.com.mk/dnevnik/makedoni...hag-ke-zadocni

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

they are probably waiting on the name compromise.Perhaps that will impinge on their immediate descission.Also the judges may not have macedoni'as position at heart.
            Greece has another option in that it can pull the pin on the interim accord & declare no contes.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Here is todays most popular article on MINA.

SOM....i think you questioned once wherever MINA was pro VMRO and asked for articles MINA questioning Gruevski. Well i take this as a slap in the face to the Gruevski Government and their descision to take Greece to Hague and persist with this IA.

Macedonians Abroad Request Immediate Annulment of Interim Accord
              Wednesday, 07 September 2011

Jurists who have been consulted by the Macedonian government in relation to lawsuit against Greece before the Hague-based International Court of Justice must draw up a legal syllogism – proof, but what the government had accepted as legal arguments in this case is lack of knowledge.

This is the keynote of a column written by Marjan Popeski, lawyer and expert in international law, in which he clarifies his idea that Macedonia should file a motion for invalidation of the 1995 Interim Accord between Macedonia and Greece. His proposal has already won backing by Canada-based Committee for Democratization of Macedonia, which brought up an initiative to prove the meaninglessness of the interim deal.

The committee posted the motion to three legislators in the Macedonian parliament representing the Diaspora and they are expected to bring up the issue at a session.

The Ohrid-born lawyer claims the interim accord between Macedonia and Greece is not in line with the concept of jus cogens norms in the United Nations Charter, thus it is meaningless (Article 53 of the Vienna Convention on the Law on Treaties). Consequently, Article 5 of the Interim Accord is a meaningless norm and hence the interim consent is voided and has no legal action.

Furthermore, he quotes extracts from the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties. The Convention provides (Article 53) that a treaty will be void if, at the time of its conclusion, it conflicts with a peremptory norm of general international law.

Jus cogens, the literal meaning of which is "compelling law," is the technical term given to those norms of general international law that are argued as hierarchically superior. The power of a state to make treaties is subdued when it confronts a super-customary norm of jus cogens.

The bottomline of Popeski's column is that „groudless intterim accord has no legal action and that Macedonia doesn't have to change its name.“
              http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19070/45/
              I hope Popeski persists with this and succeeds with his push. I also hope MINA persists with this report and chases down the response in parliament.
              Last edited by Bill77; 09-08-2011, 12:44 AM.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

ICJ Case

Does everyone remember this disaster? The ICJ is due to rule on the matter by the end of this month. Whether that happens is questionable, but the verdict is already known. Macedonia loses either way. Watch this space for further updates.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Tom, I have merged your post into this thread as all the information relating to the ICJ case thus far is here.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                    • Jun 2009

Пресудата од Хаг пред Нова Година?!

Со оглед на тоа што Судот не е врзан со датуми, ваквото пролонгирање според правните експерти е повеќе резултат на бирократија, отколку на некаква тенденциозност.

грците очекуваат објавувањето на одлуката повторно да ги стави во погон преговорите за името, кои подолго време се блокирани. Извори од грчкото МНР коментираат дека Скопје нема да седне на преговарачка маса, се додека не ја види пресудата. “Владата на Груевски очекува да ја добие тужбата и со тоа да стекне поголема моќ во преговорите”, пишува Катимерини.

Шефот на држaвата денеска потврди дека предлозите на Нимиц неколку пати досега за македонската страна биле прифатлива основа за решавање на спорот.

Во интервју за српски Танјуг Иванов вели дека грција е таа која го блокира процесот со отфрлање на предлозите.

"Македонија е конструктивна и повеќе пати укажувала дека предлозите на медијаторот Нимиц се добра основа за затворање на спорот, но за жал другата страна не ги прифаќа предлозите. Ние сме пред еден ултиматум кој не се однесува само на името на нашата држава туку и на националниот идентитет, јазик, историја, култура" - изјавил Иванов за српската агенција.

izvor: http://sitel.com.mk/dnevnik/makedoni...ed-nova-godina

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Thanks Dedo.
                      Ние сме пред еден ултиматум кој не се однесува само на името на нашата држава туку и на националниот идентитет, јазик, историја, култура" - изјавил Иванов за српската агенција.
                      So why go to court to insist Macedonia be called FYROM?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• DedoAleko
                        • Jun 2009

Пресудата ќе биде децидна за Македонија и грција

Одлуката од Судот на правдата нема да биде избалансирана, туку чиста и категорична. Хаг или ќе ја прифати или ќе ја отфрли тужбата, тврдат за Сител извори од правниот тим на Македонија.

Дознаваме и дека мнозинството од Судиите ја прифатиле и надлежноста на Судот за овој спор , која грција ја доведуваше во прашање и бараше да биде отфрлена.

Потврдено е дека одлуката ќе биде соопштена средината на ноември.

Во меѓувреме грчкиот весник Елефтеротипија повикувајки се на дипломатски извори го тврди токму спротивното. Дека Атина очекува Хашкиот Суд да донесе избалансирана пресуда.

грција била во неизвесност се до последен момент, но нивни брифери од Хаг велат дека Судиите ќе пресечат со избалансирана верзија на одлуката која нема да ја оправда ниту една од двете страни.

Во таков случај ќе биде широко оставен просторот за понатамошни преговори во Њујорк, бидејќи станува збор за чисто политички случај што погрешно се најде во Хаг, а пристапот на грчката страна ја искристализира позицијата во својот меморандум на повеќе страни што содржеше силни аргументи, пишува весникот, повикувајки се на грчки дипломат.

Од грчкото МНР велат дека Атина темелно ќе ја разгледа одлуката, а потоа ќе одлучи за следни чекори.

За грција било битно да се фокусира на задржување на едногласните одлуки донесени на НАТО самитите во Букурешт, Стразбур и Лисабон,каде децидно стои дека без решение на името, нашата земја нема да може да стане полноправна членка на НАТО.

izvor: http://sitel.com.mk/dnevnik/makedoni...onija-i-grcija

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

macedonia may find the case not so clear cut.THe greeks are cunning thieves.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DedoAleko
                            • Jun 2009

Kanal5 says that according to Elefterotypia the greeks expect ballanced text from ICJ that will not take a side!?

izvor: http://kanal5.com.mk/default.aspx?mI...&eventId=81193

Maybe somebody can find that article from their newspaper and present it here.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

The purpose of going to court is so that the court can take a side.
                              How many Greeks are so silly to think otherwise>?
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                The purpose of going to court is so that the court can take a side.
                                How many Greeks are so silly to think otherwise>?
                                RTG
                                Given that they live in denial about most things, most Greeks would be silly enough!
                                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                                X