View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #15
JPMKD

JPMKD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post
okay thanks for your replies, it seems still as hopeless as it was before. I guess it comes down to the fact that the people in macedonia chose this path and theres nothing we can do then.
Sadly, I feel you've summed it uo correctly. I'm in earlier middle age and this is the worst I've seen it. So much hope and pride in 1992 and prior....
What I am thinking is the folks who had skills have already left North Macedonia and it reduced the pool of people. Seems most of the ones with dignity left long ago. These dumbassess think they getting into EU and NATO. This will be fun to watch unfold. It'll be like Cherlie Brown and the football(Lucy).
My family is from the Krani and Bitola areas.Not sure where this leaves me.I guess I'll need to learn Greek. I apparently already know a "Bulgarian dialect". So damn deflating still. I recall once we were referred to as "The Palestinians of Europe". Regardless of where you stand on that issue, I can only imagine what it would be like if we had half of their pride and 5% of their commitment. Or maybe I am a blowhard American full of shit. Perhaps both things are true....