View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #30
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
Again, have to disagree that is a core compenent of our culture, to me and many many other Macedonians it is not a compenent at all. To say Mosques and minarets are not representative of Macedonians is quite ignorant considering the thousands of Muslims that see themselves as Macedonians and speak Macedonian, it is wrong to discriminate against them because they belong to a minorty religion within the Macedonian nation.
This kind of renovation is nothing less than a declaration of war. It seeks to erode the Macedonian identity and over-represents the needs of an almost insignificant minority.

Your reason for suggesting the minarets are pointless seem to be based on some kind of economic rationality instead of based upon an insidious attack to the Macedonian identity (which is EXTREMELY abundant) in Ohrid.

I agree the definition of a Macedonian can extend easily to people who are not Orthodox. A former leader was Methodist. In Macedonia, being Muslim is extremely close to a declaration of NOT being Macedonian. I think they should be regarded as Macedonians but they mostly do not. You are possibly confusing your hopes with reality.

I hope this is quashed and could not think of anything worse than that declaration of war against Macedonians spewed out on loudspeakers at intervals.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote