X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Dnevnik: Athens sharpens rhetoric towards Macedonia

Skopje. Athens sharpened the rhetoric over the name dispute with Macedonia, Macedonian Dnevnik< daily writes.
    Macedonian identity is party of every single Greek citizen. We are born and die with this identity”, said Greece’s Deputy Foreign Minister Dimitris Droutsas. According to him, his party has presented its clear position to Greek citizens and it is not afraid to assume responsibility.
    “We should defend the national red line in terms of the name for international use”, Droutsas remarked.
    Head of the EU mission in Macedonian, Erwan Fouere, on the other hand, declared that time does not work to Macedonia’s favor and thus a solution should be found to the name dispute.
    “Over the next months, it is important to establish a national consensus among all political parties”, Fouere said.
    Jeez, how can we compare with this.
    I think having any suggestion of Macedonia in our name would be offensive to all Greeks. I think they should bite the bullet and rename Greece as Macedonia.

Nevertheless, it is a fair statement by the Greeks in my opinion. Greeks will be born with a Macedonian identity around, they will die with a Macedonian identity around .... they should be much nicer to the Macedonian identity if they ever meet one.

Erwan, time works in Macedonia' favour. Stop your scaremongering.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Brygian Seed
    • Dec 2009

Speaking of Fouere, I recently heard that his father was a separatist Celtic leader who was expelled from France for speaking of an independent country for the Celts in the north of the country. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

No idea about Fouere. But how can Greece continue with this absurdity? For Macedonia not to capitalise on these attacks on our identity shows how downtrodden Macedonia really is. Now is the time for strong statements tied in with ridicule about the $130 million of lies. I eagerly await an appropriate response from Macedonia's leaders.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Stojacanec
        • Dec 2009

What gets me about the greeks is they know what we are and how we would like to be referred as. They know it is highly offensive (to us) to call us anything other than Macedonian. Yet they justify themselves to continue to insult us to our face.

They slap on illegal trade embargos even today. They withold goods righfully ours at their border with the MK sign.

They seemingly would break almost every consumer code that exists in Australia today. This is legalised crime. The precedent used is "our name is not acceptable".

I seriously hope the politicians do their job and do it well !!

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

What upsets me is that we are negotiating our identity with these fkheads.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
            This is legalised crime.
            It is not even legal. This is the problem. Nobody has tried the Ghandi approach here much less being forceful. Our rights exist as human beings and we are not even defending them passively.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

These New Greeks. They are all of them thieves and imposters.

Comment

Working...
              X