X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

21 Macedonian border guards charged with bribery

Taiwan News is the most widely visited English-language portal for news about Taiwan, offering the outside world a revealing look at all things Taiwan

Macedonian authorities say 21 border guards have been charged with demanding bribes to let visitors enter the country.

The guards, from the Tabanovce crossing, on Macedonia's northern border with Serbia, were arrested Tuesday following a seven-month surveillance operation.

Interior Minister Gordana Jankulovska said the suspects demanded bribes to let tourist groups through without any checks, or else pretended that visitors' travel documents were invalid.

She said each guard made up to ⁈142) a day.

If convicted, the guards face up to five years in prison. Nineteen of the suspects were detained Wednesday pending trial; the other two were placed under house arrest.
    Excellent!
    Now do the same thing on the Kosovo border.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Indeed. Has it been confirmed if they are Macedonians or ethnic Albanians?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

No idea, but if Serbians can cross freely into Macedonia and vice versa, why would there even be an opportunity to make money by these guards?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

What happens when you cross a border is torture. They take everything in and out, in and out(ok fine their job) and they will find anything to keep you there. The best way to save yourself from this is to pay. Once I was going back and this old man with his wife were in front of me, coming from OZ after 20 something years. The officer decided to get paid and he put them through misery. He collected all presents they bought for families and charged the custom fare (that does not exist). The old man started crying towards the end, cursing after them and what they have done of his country. Everyone who work on a border or airport is corrupt.

Another two news that rocked the papers are
        A police officer raped a 15 year old girl
        A head police office accused of kiddnaping and asult
        These are the people that look after the country.
        Last edited by Jankovska; 08-27-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• King Makedon
          • Apr 2009

Yep, good so.

As I mentioned earlier about the working attitude of macedonians.
          and those guys are paid well.

As for me I had more trouble with serb boarder control, never with macedonian, yet.

If someone has again problem with corrupted people in macedonia they should go here and "prijavi go!"

there is also a phonenumber but i couldn't figure it out. yet
          Last edited by King Makedon; 08-27-2009, 07:15 AM.
          ]
          The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
          [/SIZE]

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

It must be hard to stay on the straight and narrow while all around you Albanians are living off nothing and throwing money around.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
              What happens when you cross a border is torture. They take everything in and out, in and out(ok fine their job) and they will find anything to keep you there. The best way to save yourself from this is to pay. Once I was going back and this old man with his wife were in front of me, coming from OZ after 20 something years. The officer decided to get paid and he put them through misery. He collected all presents they bought for families and charged the custom fare (that does not exist). The old man started crying towards the end, cursing after them and what they have done of his country. Everyone who work on a border or airport is corrupt.

Another two news that rocked the papers are
              A police officer raped a 15 year old girl
              A head police office accused of kiddnaping and asult
              These are the people that look after the country.
              That is pretty appaulling.

Comment

Working...
              X