X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonia to help Greece fight wildfires

Macedonia said Monday that it is ready to help Greece fight the wildfires sweeping the areas near Athens, news reaching here from Skopje reported.

Three M-17 helicopters, as well as fire fighting professionals, are ready to join extinguishing the blazes that have raged for four days since last Friday, Macedonian government was quoted as saying.

"Macedonian government is concerned about the devastating wildfires that have engulfed large areas surrounding the capital and wants to show our solidarity with the Greek people," Macedonian foreign ministry said in a statement.

The huge wildfires in Greece have been burning large patches of forests and houses, forcing thousands of people to abandon homes, and prompted Greek authorities to declare a state of emergency in greater Athens.

Fire fighting planes and helicopters from France, Italy and Cyprus were operating outside Athens, with more help due to arrive later Monday and Tuesday from Spain, Turkey and the European Union, Greek authorities said.
    Macedonia should always help its neighbours. I hope the Greeks don't let politics get in the way of saving people's lives.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Attentio Risto The Great,
    With all respect The macedonian govt has done the neighbourly thing & has offered help,i don;t personally think that greece will let them because it plays politics.Remember last time macedonia offered to help greece fight their fires greece ridiculed macedonia & said it doesn;t need it's help.They laghed & called macedonia FYROM>
    A nice gesture but i think greece is playing politics.
    George S.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

On the contrary Goce, Macedonia is playing the politics and Greece can't win in return ... no matter what response.

But Macedonia, Albania and Bulgaria are the closest and should offer to help notwithstanding any political mileage.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

I agree that its a good thing to offer help.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Dear Risto,
          Maybe your right macedonia is doing it to get world attention,but we have to offer help & if greece refuses they may not look good refusing.
          George S.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• King Makedon
            • Apr 2009

i must disappoint you. It's OK to show our 'special' neighbour the guesture of good will.
            But to be honest they'll never accept any help of us. When was it, two or three years ago the fires were much more heavier and they rejected our help.

So in this case i'll be glad to sing this song. Only for my 'special' friends.

YouTube - Bloodhound Gang - Fire water burn
            Last edited by King Makedon; 08-25-2009, 04:35 AM.
            ]
            The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
            [/SIZE]

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

It is easy to joke about this stuff ... until you see this shit up close.
              Greeks know compassionate Macedonians. We are likable people who are not threatening. They have been taught to hate us by their Governments ... who do you blame for that?

If we work from the assumption they are victims of manipulation, then how do you really feel about the everyday Greek? I feel a little pity and take comfort that they are terribly misinformed about matters pertaining to Macedonian history.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• King Makedon
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                It is easy to joke about this stuff ... until you see this shit up close.
                Greeks know compassionate Macedonians. We are likable people who are not threatening. They have been taught to hate us by their Governments ... who do you blame for that?

If we work from the assumption they are victims of manipulation, then how do you really feel about the everyday Greek? I feel a little pity and take comfort that they are terribly misinformed about matters pertaining to Macedonian history.
                I was in macedonia when also in macedonia the fire started.I could even smell the burning wood out of my balcony. Macedonian firefighters weren't capable of doing anything.
                We have too old equipment. The only one who helped us were the croats, with their planes bought from canada.

Last time we offered them help. they loughed at us and rejected our offer immediatley. Why should it be this time otherwise?

... who do you blame for that?
                -- The Greeks themself or at least their government and their policy towards creation to their false identity.
                -- us of being uncapable all the years to liberate us of the foreign yoke.

And truly spoken the post above is spoken from my heart. Because they show and have no mercy towards us.
                ]
                The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                [/SIZE]

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

In regards to greece & it's fires they can all roast in hell.Why because of all the shit they have done on macedonia.The greek government until the 1970s was run by a military junta
                  which means it was a dictatorial & was totally antimacedonian.Over the years the macedonian people have really felt the wrath of the greek government.Whilst some sympathy for the greek people but they got the government they desrve.Unless they revolt there is no hope in hell.things won't change easily.
                  As far as i'm concerned i don't have any sympathy for anyone as long as they sympathise for the macedonian cause!
                  George S.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

In regards to the fires has the greek government learn't anything ??lucky people have not lost their lives as the government done very little if at all.Especially backburning etcIf i was a greek citizen i would be p ed off big time.
                    George S.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

re king of macedon Sorry to disagree with you,you can be as nice as you want greece will stop at nothing until macedonia is destroyed.I would not be offering greece any help as it rejected our offer last time & that is a slap in the face!Don't forget being nice to your enemies all the time is not good for the cause as greece is not nice to macedonia all the time!!It's time to stand up to the bully & tell them they don't scare us!!
                      George S.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Also the Macedonian Government has lost it's way as you only have to listen to the negative comments in parliament most are not for the cause!!!
                        Why are they negotiating on the peoples identity which is absurd.Macedonia has no problem with the name greece has & it should accept it & live with it!!Oh if greece does'nt like people using the name there are 39places around the world called macedonia.!
                        George S.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

George, you would be fun going out to dinner with ... you would read the menu and then argue about the Macedonian revolutionaries with the waiter.

Stick to the topics Goce.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GeorgeS
                            there are 39places around the world called macedonia.!
                            Only 39 George? Those places are states, and there are well in excess of 39 states that recognize Macedonia by its actual name, Macedonia.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• King Makedon
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              re king of macedon Sorry to disagree with you,you can be as nice as you want greece will stop at nothing until macedonia is destroyed.I would not be offering greece any help as it rejected our offer last time & that is a slap in the face!Don't forget being nice to your enemies all the time is not good for the cause as greece is not nice to macedonia all the time!!It's time to stand up to the bully & tell them they don't scare us!!
                              George S.
                              maybe you didn't understand my post or i didn't get your reply right.
                              what i tried to say in a few words was that,
                              if we make a guesture of good will towards our 'special' neighbour to send a few firefighters with very old equipment (since Gruevski still haven't fullfilled his promisses of the last wildfires in macedonia to modernize the macedonian firefighters), who can be count on your finger, greece will always deny.
                              a) Greece gets a lot of help from outside (like EU and NATOmembers)
                              so two or three trucks more wouldn't solve their problem.
                              If they accept our offer, than greece has to mske the second step towards melting
                              down the icy relationship between our both countries.
                              b) Macedonia itself lies also in the dangerzone of wildfires during
                              summer days (not as much as greece but we are close to them), so
                              it is much more wiser those guys stay in macedonia,
                              where they are also needed.

In any of both cases since greek will always deny our help.
                              So we can make them always the offer, and we will never be asked to help them.

Since people know me here that I'm not very delighted towards greek,
                              I only can say: Those greeks who supported us in any kind, they shall live in peace and harmony.
                              The rest of them shall rest in peace.
                              Last edited by King Makedon; 08-25-2009, 09:08 PM.
                              ]
                              [/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X