X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dats
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Nothing wrong with AFL, it's a good game that probably has some indigenous Australian roots in some elements. Good thread Daniel.
    Australian Rules football is British in origin, it has since had multiple rule changes so that it no longer resembles Rugby rules or Cambridge rules football the football rules on which the game was based. The only indigenous connection I can make is the land it is played on.

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied
    Frankly seeing Macedonians achieve great heights in a Sport like Australian Rules doesn't motivate me to give them a high five

International Sport yes not that rubbish

It is a parochial pile of shit with limited tactical and individual skillets compared to Football.

I am from Victoria I do understand the culture around it, hell we are exposed to it 1000 times a day

Cricket is well and truly Australia's National Game with AFL having little impact in QLD and NSW.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Nothing wrong with AFL, it's a good game that probably has some indigenous Australian roots in some elements. Good thread Daniel.
    Originally posted by julie View Post
    Frank, AFL is Australia's national sport, and as SoM has pointed out , the first AFL foortball teams were largely indigenous.
    I think its great having Macedonians play the national sport, and this is a great thread! Macedonian achievements should be highlighted at every opportunity, God knows the dushmani do it constantly
    All my sons have played Aussie rules and soccer as well growing up
    And DTG how wonderful to be related to the great Peter!

Well said SoM and Julie, i think noting the achievement's of the Macedonians who play this sport is the main thing. I personally have played the sport of Aussie rules Football for many years and trust me it's not easy. What Frank said is totally stupid because those players would of went through so much years of hard training etc to make it where they are now, i think a small acknowledgement isn't to much to ask for, hey Franky?

Thank's for the support SoM and Julie. And ye being related to Peter Daicos (Daikov) (the Macedonian marvel) even if it is sought of distant related is prety cool, he is a legend of the game.
    Last edited by Daniel the Great; 10-09-2010, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    Frank, AFL is Australia's national sport, and as SoM has pointed out , the first AFL foortball teams were largely indigenous.
    I think its great having Macedonians play the national sport, and this is a great thread! Macedonian achievements should be highlighted at every opportunity, God knows the dushmani do it constantly
    All my sons have played Aussie rules and soccer as well growing up
    And DTG how wonderful to be related to the great Peter!

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied
    There are International visitors to this Forum lets not embarrass ourselves with that stupid game

Whilst the Macedonians that play it obviously were never good enough to play the real game f Football

Leave a comment:

• Fillip MKD
    replied
    Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Daniel The Great, Isnt Ange Christou from Egejska Makedonija?

I think he possibly is Macedonian Prolet, from Aegean Macedonia.

Leave a comment:

• Prolet
    replied
    Daniel The Great, Im pretty sure the Daicos family originate from Banica, some stayed there the others went to the Prespa region. They changed their names back to Daikov.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    replied
    Oh ye and i forgot to mention, i am related to Peter Daicos . not braging though, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Prolet
    replied
    Anthony Koutafedes is half Greek Half Italian but he is a Macedonian Zet, he is married to Klime's daughter the Ohrigjanec. That guy was a singer

Leave a comment:

• julie
    replied
    Ange Christou I have heard is Macedonian, so grko mani familia od Florina

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    replied
    Prolet, could Vasil Varlamos be a Macedonian from Aegean Macedonia? i mean the Greeks don't use the name "Vasil" they use the name "Vasili". He played for the mighty Carlton Blues FC.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    replied
    Prolet, i am not sure if he is Macedonian but i doubt it, i think he is a Grk, he co owns the Souvlaki hut restaurant with Anthony Koutafides.

Leave a comment:

• Prolet
    replied
    Daniel The Great, Isnt Ange Christou from Egejska Makedonija?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel the Great
    started a topic Macedonians of the AFL

Macedonians of the AFL

This thread is about the Macedonians who play in the AFL, Australian Football League.

Nick Malceski: he plays for the Sydney Swans FC. there isn't much videos of him:
    YouTube - Chick bump on Malceski

Peter Daicos: he played for the Gollingwood Magpies FC. he is from the Lerin area which explains his last name. His nickname is the Macedonian marvel:
    YouTube - Peter Daicos 'The Macedonian Marvel'
    And he is a legend of the game.

Pater Daicos on a show in England:
    YouTube - PETER DAICOS on M.U.T.V. SPORTZSTATS

Peter Daicos in a Toyota commercial for the AFL, listen they mention his nickname as the Macedonian Marvel. the commercial is prety funny too.
    YouTube - AFL

AFL/VFL past and present players that are Macedonians:

# Peter Berbakov
    # Peter Daicos
    # John Gastev
    # Mark Nicoski
    # Nick Malceski
    # Alex Marcou

Peter Daicos:

Nick Malceski:

Mark Nicoski:

Last edited by Daniel the Great; 10-09-2010, 06:43 AM.
Working...
X