• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amphipolis
    replied
    Originally posted by Carlin View Post
    Greece in the Twentieth Century, By Fotini Bellou - Page 15:

Albanian-speaking Suliots and Hydriots, Vlach-speaking Thessalians and Epirots and Slav-speaking Macedonians had fought in revolutionary Greece along with other Greeks, and no one had thought that non-Greek speakers were any less Greek than Greek speakers.
    Well, at second thought, MANY people thought about it.

Leave a comment:

• Carlin
    replied
    Greece in the Twentieth Century, By Fotini Bellou - Page 15:

Albanian-speaking Suliots and Hydriots, Vlach-speaking Thessalians and Epirots and Slav-speaking Macedonians had fought in revolutionary Greece along with other Greeks, and no one had thought that non-Greek speakers were any less Greek than Greek speakers.

Leave a comment:

• tchaiku
    replied
    Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    Kolokotronis was albanian?
    Koloktronis had Albanian ancestry but he was mostly mixed.

Theodoros Kolokotronis had family origins from Arcadia, Crete and other parts of Greece as well as Mani. There is a plaque in Greece showing his family geneology (in part), his Maniot heratige dates back to the 15th century from Tsirginis Tryantafilakos (Ancestor year 1540).

Leave a comment:

• Skolovranec
    replied
    Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
    Greek. His mother was a Moldavian princess of Greek-Moldavian ancestry.
    And other Greeks claim she was from Epirus. You guys need to make up your minds before entering a debate.

Leave a comment:

• Amphipolis
    replied
    Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
    I knew I smelled something fishy. This is why I backed it up. Not that it matters anyway. What nationality was Alexander though?
    Greek. His mother was a Moldavian princess of Greek-Moldavian ancestry.

Leave a comment:

• tchaiku
    replied
    I knew I smelled something fishy. This is why I backed it up. Not that it matters anyway. What nationality was Alexander though?

Leave a comment:

• DraganOfStip
    replied
    Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
    the first revolutionary flag was actually raised on the island of Spetses by Laskarina Bouboulina.
    Mr Bouboulina? Mr. Bob Bouboulina?

Leave a comment:

• Amphipolis
    replied
    Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
    On March 13th 1821, twelve days before the official beginning of the War of Independence, the first revolutionary flag was actually raised on the island of Spetses by Laskarina Bouboulina.[/U]
    This forum is THE absolute collection of false data. No, she didn't. Alexander Ypsilantis preceded her by one month (not that it really matters).

Leave a comment:

• tchaiku
    replied
    Bump......

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied

Philhellenes offering to educate the sons of Albanians, Souliot Albanians asking for their PAYMENT before they leave Missolonghi...........for the glory of Greece's liberators.

Leave a comment:

• osiris
    replied
    terranova does not know becaue they teach propaganda in greece, and she does not want to know because it would shake the core a mdoern greeks self esteem. as i keep saying they are a very nervous and insecure nation because their foundation is based on lies. it deso not matter that the grkos dont want to adress the truth as long as other international readers on here actually learn who the modern greeks are and why they insist on continuing their charade.
    Last edited by osiris; 01-13-2009, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pelister
    replied
    The identity of Kolokotronis is Albanian.

There are some excellent contemporary books, I think the best of them are written in French - regarding the ethnic composition of the "Greek forces" under French military command.

They are down to the man, almost all ethnic Albanian.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
    As the founders of Philiki Eteria were Slavs...

I know it's confusing but I do re-call saying that 2 out of 3 were Vlachs and Tsakalov was a Slav. Again avoiding the real topic on hand as typical of you Terrable.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bratot View Post
    Kolokotronis was albanian?

Of course he was an Albanian what else would he be,,,"greek"

Leave a comment:

• TerraNova
    replied
    As the founders of Philiki Eteria were Slavs...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X