X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
    Turkish ruler, however many people could think he may be Greek.

I doubt such a people existed at that time Ottoman. His family were maybe once Christian and that is all.

Leave a comment:

• vassilis
    replied
    ottoman you are really stupid,

this is a turkish saint, how do i see that? because he wears turkish clothes, you ever see greeks dressed like that?

turkish saint

Last edited by vassilis; 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    How can one race of people be another race of people.One has to be an imposter it defies logic.

Leave a comment:

• Voltron
    replied
    Who ? did I miss something Ottoman ?

Leave a comment:

• Ottoman
    replied
    Turkish ruler, however many people could think he may be Greek.

Last edited by Ottoman; 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Albanians backbone ? Turkish culture backbone ? Since when is conservatism a Turkish trait ? Once again overreaching.
    Read the first post. Then see who is overreaching or ducking and weaving.

Leave a comment:

• Voltron
    replied
    Albanians backbone ? Turkish culture backbone ? Since when is conservatism a Turkish trait ? Once again overreaching.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I think the title of this thread is silly.
    Macedonians display American habits nowadays .... and they are not even running the country ... or are they!?
    Just quoting what a Grk himself wrote in his book. Here's something else from the same author to reaffirm what he says:

page 112

Albanians the backbone of their society. Turkish culture the backbone of their culture. Of course now everything is squeeky clean 'Greek' like the fustenella and their coffee lol.
    Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 01-31-2011, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• George S.
    replied
    we just end up copying others when we can't think for ourselves.If we put our minds we could come up with a better system of government than simply copying others.

Leave a comment:

• Risto the Great
    replied
    I think the title of this thread is silly.
    Macedonians display American habits nowadays .... and they are not even running the country ... or are they!?

Leave a comment:

• Makedonska_Kafana
    replied
    Originally posted by Ottoman View Post
    Present day Greece and Turkey are just two similar countries in terms of culture, cuisine and architecture.

It makes sense.
    You can also add Macedonia in that mix minus the bishe ..

YouTube - Macedonian Wedding (REAL ONE) - Famous Pig Dance
    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-28-2010, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ottoman
    replied
    Present day Greece and Turkey are just two similar countries in terms of culture, cuisine and architecture.

It makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied

The Balkans by Mark Mazower

the SHARIA?????? Keep your heads down here grkos and ignore the obvious that shatters any BS myth called "hellenism".

Leave a comment:

• indigen
    replied
    Originally posted by Onur View Post
    I believe, the western civilization, truly separate from eastern one, starts with the foundation of Catholic church in Roman Empire, not with the ancient Greeks.

You know, eastern world civilized 1000s of years b4 western world. It starts with Sumerians after 5000 BC and then to Persians after 1500 BC and to ancient Greeks etc. Today, you can find Sumerian words, legends, stories and habits in many cultures and even in old, new testaments and then Koran. Also Persians ruled ancient Anatolian people for a long time and they have definitely influenced each other. We have several ancient monuments in Turkey, which shows the cultural exchange of ancient Greeks and Persians.

Roman Empire adopted the customs, laws, habits and even the language script of Etruscans, who were eastern people again cuz Etruscans widely believed and partly proved to be migrated to Tuscany, Italy from Aegean Anatolia by the sea. So i don't separate these cultures from any of those. All are connected and influenced each other.

Western Romans distanced themselves from eastern world after the foundation of Catholic church and then eastern Romans remained in oriental side with their orthodoxy, language, customs and habits.

And yes, you can find ancient Persian elements in politics, law and society of eastern Romans. Then you can also find Persian and eastern Roman elements in Ottoman Empire too.
    Macedonia: 10,000 years of Macedonian history,
    culture and heritage - cradle of European and world
    civilization!

Britannica: "Macedonia...Old European civilization
    flourished there between 7000 and 3500 BC."

Historian P. Green: "Macedonia was the first large
    territorial state with an effective centralized political,
    military and administrative structure to come into being
    on the continent of Europe."

Leave a comment:

• Onur
    replied
    Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
    This is so true, mate. Being far Greece for some years, I have realised that culture-wise, behaviour-wise and even appearance-wise Greeks are much more similar to the Turks, the Balkans, and to the Arabs of the more northern countries like Jordan, Lebanon etc.

There is nothing in common with the Western and Northern Europeans and it's more than obvious.
    I know that some Jordanian and Lebanese are kinda different than the rest of Arabs. Btw, don't forget that Evliya Celebi wrote that there was mass migrations from northern coasts of middle east to the Greece, especially to Crete. Also i know that there are minorities like Circassians, Chechens, Armenians and Turks in both countries.

I can add Slovenia and Croatia to the oriental culture too even tough they are Catholics since they are similar with Serbians and Bosnians beside their catholicism. Even Hungary in central Europe too. I cant say that Hungarians have western European culture even tough they are catholics again but i heard that in latest Euro polls, 60% of Hungarians doesn't believe a god and of which 35% of them believes some kind of life force like shamanism or something, their old religion.

Btw, i believe thats why western Europeans generally despise Balkan people like they despise Turks cuz you are different from them.
    Last edited by Onur; 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X