X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlin
    replied
    Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
    There is evidence about some of the few members of that family being of various ethnic origins. But most? Not that it bothers me at all. It would be very interesting to find out if they were though just Orthodox Christians, considering they claimed to be fully hellenic.
    Which families are you referring to?

(I'm not questioning anyone claiming full hellenic descent. Those claims are there - we also do know that many educated people/merchants in the Balkans but also ordinary people who spoke Albanian, Vlach or other languages natively also claimed to be fully hellenic in the 19th century, and later...)
    Last edited by Carlin; 04-16-2019, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tchaiku
    replied
    There is evidence about some of the few members of that family being of various ethnic origins. But most? Not that it bothers me at all. It would be very interesting to find out if they were though just Orthodox Christians, considering they claimed to be fully hellenic.
    Last edited by tchaiku; 04-16-2019, 03:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carlin
    replied
    Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
    ^ How do they know this?
    One would assume it's based on data & evidence (but also on analysis/analogies).

Leave a comment:

• tchaiku
    replied
    ^ How do they know this?
    Last edited by tchaiku; 04-13-2019, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Carlin
    replied
    URL:

Leave a comment:

• Liberator of Makedonija
    replied
    Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post

Absolutely fascinating to say the least

Leave a comment:

• Carlin
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
    Hahahaha should come as no surprise

Leave a comment:

• Carlin
    replied
    Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post

A History of the Roumanians by R.W. Seton-Watson page 127

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied
    Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
    A group of wealthy merchant families that resided in Istanbul and weilded much political power during the Ottoman era. At least to my knowledge, very facinating topic.
    Indeed it is. Bump.

Leave a comment:

replied
    A group of wealthy merchant families that resided in Istanbul and weilded much political power during the Ottoman era. At least to my knowledge, very facinating topic.

Leave a comment:

• Carlin
    replied
    Bump ..............

Leave a comment:

• TrueMacedonian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Soldier of Macedon
    replied
    Yeah, that's where the 4,000 years of bullshit comes from, meanwhile most of them don't have a 100 years in Greek-occupied Macedonia.

Leave a comment:

• osiris
    replied
    everybody in greece has a famous ancient pedigree som, many much older then 3 century ad when constantine founded new rome on whenever the varangian guard was formed by slavs and vikings, hell dont the greeks according to their claims go back to 2ooo bc lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X