Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Letter to Sultan Ahmet 'Conqueror of the Macedonians,Seede of Great Alexander'

page 222

The book was published in 1750 but the letter is from the 17th century. There were 3 sultans named Ahmet. Here's a wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_I about Ahmed I who i believe this letter is written to.
    Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 02-27-2009, 10:59 PM.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

That letter is quite similar to this one from 1630....

Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

It looks like the same source has been used.

This is the era we are looking at:

Ahmet I
      In the earlier part of his reign Ahmed I showed decision and vigour, which were belied by his subsequent conduct. The wars which attended his accession both in Hungary and in Persia terminated unfavourably for the Empire, and her prestige received its first check in the Treaty of Sitvatorok, signed in 1606, whereby the annual tribute paid by Austria was abolished. Georgia and Azerbaijan was ceded to Persia.

[edit] Osman II
      Osman II after securing the Empire's eastern border by signing a peace treaty with Safavid Iran, he personally led the Ottoman invasion of Poland during the Moldavian Magnate Wars. Forced to sign a peace treaty with the Polish after the Battle of Chotin (Chocim) (in fact siege of Chotin by the Polish hetman Jan Chodkiewicz) in September-October, 1621, Osman II returned home to Istanbul in shame, blaming the cowardice of the Janissaries and the insufficiency of his statesmen for his humiliation.

[edit] Murad IV
      Murad IV was the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire from 1623 to 1640, known both for restoring the authority of the state and for the brutality of his methods. Murad IV's reign is most notable for a war against Persia in which Ottoman forces conquered Azerbaijan, occupied Tabriz, Hamadan, and, in the last great feat of Imperial Ottoman arms, captured Baghdad in 1638. Murad IV himself commanded the invasion of Mesopotamia and proved to be an outstanding field commander.
      It doesn't say much about battles in the Balkans.

This title may have been bestowed upon him as a mark of respect given the glory of the Macedonians and the occupation of their descendants' lands by the Ottomans.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

It doesn't say much about battles in the Balkans.

This title may have been bestowed upon him as a mark of respect given the glory of the Macedonians and the occupation of their descendants' lands by the Ottomans.
        I was thinking the same thing. It's possible many Sultans before and after him received this title along with the others.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

The information on the below link should probably be here too:

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Check the below about Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmed_II
            Mehmed II was born in Edirne, the then-capital city of the Ottoman state, on March 30, 1432. His father was Sultan Murad II (1404–51) and his mother Valide Sultan Hüma Hatun, born in Devrekani county of Kastamonu province, was a daughter of Abd'Allah of Hum (Huma meaning a girl/woman from Hum).
            About his mother and maternal grandfather, who was a convert to Islam:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%BCma_Hatun
            Hüma Hatun, Valide Sultan (1432) wife of Murad II and mother of Mehmed II, the Ottoman Sultan, also known as Fatih Sultan Mehmed (Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror), was born in the Devrekani county of Kastamonu Province in modern day Turkey. Every year, people in Devrekani commemorate her birth as part of the "Celebrations for the Conquest of Istanbul." Little is known of her family background, apart from the fact that an Ottoman inscription (vakfiye) describes her as Hatun binti Abdullah (Daughter of Abdullah); which implied that her father had converted to Islam (Abdullah, meaning Servant of God, was the anonym that was used to describe the male citizens who converted to Islam in the classical Ottoman period.)
            Devrekani is in north-central Turkey. The below link and text I came across while looking for information on Circassians:
            http://www.circassianworld.com/mamluk.html
            Mehmed II, 1444-1446, 1451-1481, origin of mother supposedly Slav from Macedonia

From the Book of Samir Khotko 'Genesis of Circassian elites in Mamalik Sultanat and Osman Empire', in Russian. Maykop, 1999.
            Prepared and translated by Ali Berzeg.
            It may instead be in reference to the wife of Mehmed II, who was from the Brankovic dynasty that ruled in Serbia, hence the Slavic connection. Nevertheless, Murad I, who was the Ottoman Sultan at the time of victory against the Macedonian Christians under the father of King Marko in 1371, was the biological ancestor of Mehmed II. Furthermore, Mehmed II was the biological ancestor of both Ahmed I and Osman II, each cited in the earlier posts during the 17th century as the Conqueror of the Macedonians, Seed of Great Alexander.

The above may or may not be connected, but that is what I have found after a little searching.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Funny, I came across the same things looking up the Circassians. A Macedonian Sultan .... go figure!
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Not sure if I posted this information elsewhere in the history section but here it is. And Mehmet apparently had a very big interest in Alexander the Great.

Comment

• Atesh
                  • Jul 2009

Ottoman Empire was an union of many nation. They doing all for their Empire... but nationalism killed and destroy this Empire.
                  Do not be afraid of telling the truth. (Mustafa Kemal Atatürk)

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Atesh View Post
                    Ottoman Empire was an union of many nation. They doing all for their Empire... but nationalism killed and destroy this Empire.
                    I am suprised at the lineage and continuity of the Ottoman Sultans that extends across centuries, do any descendants of the Sultans live today?

Comment

• Atesh
                      • Jul 2009

Many sultans and their family was explused of Turkey by Atatürk (and not executed like in Europe). I don't know if their grand son was return to Turkey.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

It appears that they died in exile, Italy and France. Which monarchs were executed in Europe?

Comment

• Atesh
                          • Jul 2009

I don't know, but many were dead in France in Paris.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

the fench revolution executed its monarch as did cromwell and the soviets.

Comment

• Atesh
                              • Jul 2009

Maybe my friend, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X