X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

I seek an honest answer from todays "hellene"

Seeing as we can go on and on and post a mega amount of information that discounts alot of your recent past as well as the politicized use of the words "hellenism", "hellenistic", "hellene", and "greekness" let us be honest for a minute. Now no re-verting questions back. This isn't about Macedonia's past. This is about yours.
    Simply,,,doesn't something strike you the least bit wrong about your country's recent history and what you have been taught in school? A simple yes would even be sufficient. I won't pick on you. I won't stick a million pages on your computer screen. I just want a simple answer without the usual "Well let me ask you that question then".
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Wow, so many honest Hellenes! Please everybody, don't all speak at once, lol.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Wow, so many honest Hellenes! Please everybody, don't all speak at once, lol.
      lmao..hahha
      "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

they do as they always have done, stick their heads in the sand like the ostriches...

they are not a fake nation... noooo, brainwashed beyond recognition, noooooo.....
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

I think we'd need another lifetime if we were gonna wait for an honest "hellene" answer.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Spartan
            • Sep 2008

Guys, you kicked all of the Greeks off this forum, whos gonna answer? lol

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

They can register again, how about that?
              Anyways you are still there, Spartan!
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

The thread began 2 month ago so they had plenty of time before they were booted out. But you are right Spartan, many of them have been banned from here, because they were unable to display even the most minimum respect for the Macedonians, and we will not be mocked by some grkoman or prosfiga who has identity issues and complexities.

So, we shall wait.....
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
                  • Sep 2008

I didnt realize how old the topic was, my bad.
                  And just to make it clear, I am in no way questioning your reasoning for banning people,I hope it didnt come across that way.
                  Anyways, Ill answer the question since I am the only Greek left on the site.
                  doesn't something strike you the least bit wrong about your country's recent history and what you have been taught in school?
                  My education in Greece was short lived, as my family moved to Canada when I was pretty young, so I cant say much about that. The greek schools I attended in Toronto didnt really focus on history, but mostly on reading,writing and religion. The recent history of greece as I know it, is mostly from my father and grandfather, and books i have personally opted to read.
                  I did not know much about the history of northern greece until recently, and I agree with you that its a bit 'off' as you say. However, I believe that some of the opinions of greeces recent history Ive read on this forum are 'off' as well. I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle of our peoples 2 'versions' of Greeces recent history.

I hope I answered the question to your satisfaction.
                  I am not one to 'dodge'....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Spartan, you are not the last Greek on this site, but you are the only Greek who contributes on a regular basis, your response to the above is honest and well-balanced. We could probably never come to a full concensus, but looking at other neighbour nations that is not an obstacle to progress, I am sure Ireland and England, France and England, Germany and France, etc have differences for example....

I will tell you something though, if the Greeks that have been banned thus far did not deny the existence of the Macedonians and the Macedonian identity, and showed the same courtesy of reference by calling us Macedonians as we call them Greeks, 99% of them would still be here. I leave the %1 margin for complete racist idiots like the morons over at maggotsontheweb.

Comment

• Giorikas
                      • Sep 2008

Spartan, you are not the last Greek on this site, but you are the only Greek who contributes on a regular basis, your response to the above is honest and well-balanced. We could probably never come to a full concensus, but looking at other neighbour nations that is not an obstacle to progress, I am sure Ireland and England, France and England, Germany and France, etc have differences for example....

I will tell you something though, if the Greeks that have been banned thus far did not deny the existence of the Macedonians and the Macedonian identity, and showed the same courtesy of reference by calling us Macedonians as we call them Greeks, 99% of them would still be here. I leave the %1 margin for complete racist idiots like the morons over at maggotsontheweb.
                      Hello Soldier of Macedonia,

I guess most don't bother anymore and just ignore this site. I for 1 never broke any rule and I am not banned, but you're not keeping your end of the bargain ..

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Ah, my old friend Giorikas, όπου εξαφανίστηκαν βρε, lol, you know, I have noticed that you log on quite often but you don't seem to post брачко

You haven't been banned because you haven't denied the identity of the Macedonian people.

If you consider the basic human characteristics of dignity and respect as 'rules' in the practical sense, then it is a sad fact in yourself that you need to address all the more urgently, παλιό φίλο.

What's my end of the bargain mate?

Comment

• Giorikas
                          • Sep 2008

Ah, my old friend Giorikas, όπου εξαφανίστηκαν βρε, lol, you know, I have noticed that you log on quite often but you don't seem to post брачко

You haven't been banned because you haven't denied the identity of the Macedonian people.

If you consider the basic human characteristics of dignity and respect as 'rules' in the practical sense, then it is a sad fact in yourself that you need to address all the more urgently, παλιό φίλο.

What's my end of the bargain mate?
                          Χε, χε, τα ξέρεις όλα ε; Εξαφανίστηκα indeed.

Going back to the original points I first made when I joined here; if I refer to you as Macedonians, will you refer to me as a Greek, and will you enforce that / make sure other follow that rule ? You agreed to that and I think you personally as one of the few still try to.
                          But I think meanwhile the rule here is to refer to Greeks as anything but Greeks. Best case scenario is that I read 'Greeks' implying that we are not. Sorry to say that I somehow hold that against you, since you as administrator are in a position to warn people if you want to.
                          So instead of complaining about that, I just left you guys do your own thing. But logged in to check up, yes, I knew you'd be able to know that as administrator.

.. Old fashioned long message, Giorikas style ;-)

How are you ?

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

Giorikas long time no see, I will do my very best to level the playing field.
                            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas
                              Χε, χε, τα ξέρεις όλα ε...........
                              λίγο αυτό, λίγο ότι.........
                              But I think meanwhile the rule here is to refer to Greeks as anything but Greeks. Best case scenario is that I read 'Greeks' implying that we are not. Sorry to say that I somehow hold that against you, since you as administrator are in a position to warn people if you want to.
                              I understand the point you are trying to make but it is a fact that some people talk with more emotion than others, in Macedonian eyes the Greeks are the greatest enemy against our existence as Macedonians collectively, hence the language used and the "quotation" marks with the word Greek in it. However, not everybody does this and not everybody that does always does so consistently. I used to do this also once, but I decided that I will not lower myself to that standard and use such avenues when unprovoked. If provoked however, well.............

Avoid people who write as such and choose the people you conversate with, here is not as bad as you think...plus, I promise I wont put your name in quotation marks or alter it in anyway Giorikia

.. Old fashioned long message, Giorikas style ;-)

How are you ?
                              I'm good mate, living, I trust you've been well.

Comment

Working...
                              X