Chalkidiki the only Greek speaking part of Ancient Macedonia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Chalkidiki the only Greek speaking part of Ancient Macedonia!

Taken from the book “The Indo-European Languages” edited by Anna Giacalone Ramat and Paul Ramat, 1998, page 230.

Please see the connection with Greek language influence in Macedonia, 1900! posted 20081024.

You will notice that the Greek language influence in Macedonia has been about the same for ~2300 years, strange is it not?
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Not strange at all. These are the 2% Greeks of Macedonia I have been talking about. And based on the dialect, I am confident they did not call themselves "Greeks" until Otto came along.
    The fact that it is Ionic also suggests that it has more to do with the Pontian types. We therefore might be unable to prove which direction those inhabitants originally came from (eg from Greece to Turkey or vice versa).
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonin
      • Sep 2008

Nice one Daskalot.

It is more than obvious and true. The truth we know and not the truth that the Grks preach.
      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

The Greeks have transplanted a non-native population which had nothing to lose, they whole heartedly embraced Hellenism with most of the remaining natives be it Vlachs, Arvanites, Turks, Armenians, Gypsies or Macedonians... now they all are "Greek-Macedonian" since time began...

Comment

• Orovnichanec
          • Sep 2008

Great Map Daskale!
          "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

thank you so much, remember the truth is out there, we just have to dig it up.

Comment

• Napoleon
              • Dec 2008

Chalkidiki had several Greek speaking areas in the ancient period due to the existance of Greek colonies in the region such as Olynthus etc. This fact just goes to show that the ancient Greek langauge as foreign and introduced to Macedonia and NOT indigenous.

Comment

• Spartan
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                Not strange at all. These are the 2% Greeks of Macedonia I have been talking about. And based on the dialect, I am confident they did not call themselves "Greeks" until Otto came along.
                The fact that it is Ionic also suggests that it has more to do with the Pontian types. We therefore might be unable to prove which direction those inhabitants originally came from (eg from Greece to Turkey or vice versa).
                Risto, Im not 100% sure about this, but I dont think Pontians and Ionians are the same.
                Ionians(an ancient term/people) populated the shores of Asia minor,most of the eastern islands and Attica, they were a sea-faring people.
                The Pontians come from deep in the interior of Turkey, on the south coast of the Black sea.
                The Pontians speak a weird dialect of Greek which I can barely understand, probably because they were isolated from the rest of the Greeks for so long the language evolved differently.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Hi Spartan.
                  I was sure the Pontians descended from the Ionian tribes.
                  I could be wrong but feel relatively confident.
                  ?
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Spartan
                    • Sep 2008

^^
                    They very well could be, I have not heard differently. therefore cannot disagree.
                    My point was that the Pontians were isolated for so long, today they are "unique".
                    Last edited by Spartan; 12-22-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

Wasn't Philips first quest to get rid of Greek coloniesators aout of Macedonia,they were settled among Aegean sea in halcidiki?So that map is showing them,right?
                      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                      - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                        • Apr 2014

The Chalkidiki never seemed to have a major Macedonian population, almost none of the toponyms there have Macedonian names. Perhaps the Ancient Hellenes Greece often talks about are really only concentrated on that peninsula.
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                          The Chalkidiki never seemed to have a major Macedonian population, almost none of the toponyms there have Macedonian names. Perhaps the Ancient Hellenes Greece often talks about are really only concentrated on that peninsula.
                          There were Macedonian toponyms on Halkidiki, villages like Izvor, Lerigovo, Ravenik, Novoselo just to name a few. Pilgrims from Ohrid traveling to Sveta Gora in the 1800s noticed villagers in Halkidiki singing in an old Slavic language while working the fields. When they stopped and asked them where they learned the songs, the villagers admitted that they didn't understand the songs they were singing but that they were passed down from previous generations. This means the population was already fully Hellenized by the late 1800s. My belief is the church was the major force of Hellenization in that region.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                            There were Macedonian toponyms on Halkidiki, villages like Izvor, Lerigovo, Ravenik, Novoselo just to name a few. Pilgrims from Ohrid traveling to Sveta Gora in the 1800s noticed villagers in Halkidiki singing in an old Slavic language while working the fields. When they stopped and asked them where they learned the songs, the villagers admitted that they didn't understand the songs they were singing but that they were passed down from previous generations. This means the population was already fully Hellenized by the late 1800s. My belief is the church was the major force of Hellenization in that region.
                            What do you think the ethnic composition of the peninsula was? The further south you travelled the less Slavic toponyms you were likely to encounter. It's a pretty remote region and has never been home to any important cities or anything like that.
                            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                            X