• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Incidents in northern Greece - Macedonians detained

Incidents in northern Greece - Macedonians detained

Lerin/Skopje /13/10/ 19:31

One Macedonian has been detained and four other injured in an incident that broke out in Lerin (Florina) area today, when the local inhabitants attempted to prevent the Greek Army from holding a military exercise, A1 TV Station reported Monday evening.

In the report, A1 aired statements of the inhabitants of the villages near Lerin, a town situated in the Aegean part of Macedonia.

Ten days ago, the Greek Army pulled out from the temporary camp located in the vicinity of the village of Zabrdeni, however, Greek military forces have been re-deployed in the area today.

The local population tried to prevent the troops to carry out exercises in the vicinity of the village, which was followed by an intervention of the special units of the Greek police.

"They have been arresting people. Until now, they took in four, and they are set to take more before the nightfall," a Macedonian living in Lerin area told A1 TV.

According to the same source, the locals of Macedonian nationality are still present at the access road leading to the Greek army's camp.

Neither local inhabitants nor the local deputies, who made a request at the Greek Parliament to from last week to stop the military activities as they caused disturbance among the citizens living in this part of Greece, were informed about the activities of the Greek army and police.
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Venom
    • Sep 2008

Just heard that the news reporters from Macedonia were all arrested too.

What the fuck is going on?!
    S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Traveller
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

How boring. ALL THE GREEK ARMY IS EXCERCISING ACROSS ALL BORDERS THESE DAYS. From the borders with Albania to the borders with Turkey. And not just the now serving soldiers but recruits over to 45 years old. But dudes this happens every year. And reactions didnt happened only in that village, it happens every year in many places. Do you know that Greece is renting land in Bulgaria for the aircrafts to bomb? Now for the incidents in the village Lofi. 15 villagers laid down in order not to let mobile artillery to destroy (as they say ) their crops. Of course they will be arrested. We have law and order gentlemen we are not a banana republic.In your "civilized countries" like USA, Australia, canada they would be shot and then they would be told their rights, or not?Their leader was the mayor Tsakmakis THE VERY ONE YOU GUYS IN MAKNEWS FORUM WERE CURSING HIM FOR DECLARING IN THE MELITI PANAGIR "WE ARE GREEKS AND I DONT KNOW WHY STRANGERS ARE PRESENT HERE" MEANING YOU GUYS. Your goverment is desperate and is trying to distract the negotiations by interfering in rural matters in Greece. If i was Gruevski maybe i would act the same way because the MESSAGES THAT ARE COMING TO THE GREEK GOVERMENT FROM OBAMA'S CAMP as a deputy minister told me are THUNDEROUS (and believe me he wasnt talking about Greece). Mind your own matters and stop your irredentist propaganda because as we say in Greece " a rabbit shaking a fern-bad for his head"...

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Mind your own matters and stop your irredentist propaganda because as we say in Greece " a rabbit shaking a fern-bad for his head"...
        Surely there is nothing to worry about in Greece.
        Clearly there are aggrieved people for some reason.
        And it looks a whole lot more real than "aggrieved Greeks in Bitola".
        I really do not like Greeks using the word "irredentist", it is silly and will not be tolerated by me until Greece amends its constitution with the same wording that Macedonia uses in relation to neighbouring states.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Why are are the Greek Army and special forces Police beating and arresting Macedonians? How dare they assault Macedonians !! No fkn army is going to save Greece from this brain explosion.

Comment

Working...
          X