X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malenka
    • Sep 2008

Shock in a Macedonian village as mother cuts son to pieces

A woman in Kocani's nearby village of Orizari killed her 32-year-old son, chopped up his body and then dumped it in a stove, A1 TV said on Thursday night.

Police sources said the murder took place on 8 September in family house in Orizari.

The 59-year-old mother cut up her son's body into pieces and torched them in a stove for 23 days. She reported to police that her son was missing last Monday.

The Macedonian public is in shock. Public prosecutor had ordered a psychological assessment on the mother.

There must be something in the water! I knew I am not the only mental case of the village!

On even more serious note, I guess this is what happens when we pretend that we are the only nation in the whole world that can't be touched by mental illness. Sure, we are perfect! To read various comments on various sites by our fellow Macedonians that it is such a shock to happen in our country. How could it? Mental illness is something that exist only in the western world, isn't it?!? No?!? So this is how ill the mind can get if left untreated...
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

You are right, mental illness is neither treated or seems accepted in Macedonia. Depression is seen as a joke, anything more is just a No, No and in a society where economy is shit and life is getting harder by the day breakdowns are more and more common. Having to go through anything is hard enough but having to hide it from the people is just a recepie for a disaster.
    Macedonia is soo backward because of the bloody commies still ruling the country so we will have to wait a while before people can start paying more attention and seeking treatment.
    Having said that I believe this lunatic as well as any other like that should be locked up for good. I believe that the system has failed this woman and this tragedy happened and hopefully people will learn from this. However sometimes it's too late to save someone and to be quite honest she should not be saved, not because she don't deserve but because she will not be able to live with it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I honestly feel that "less than normal" behaviour is more tolerated in the Balkans than in many other places. This woman would have been a 100% nutter and I am sure her neighbours would have seen signs???

Absolute tragedy.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Traveller
        Banned
        • Sep 2008

Shit happens in every country AND ESPECIALLY IN THE WESTERN WORLD. There is the biggest problem due to the alienation of people.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by malenka View Post
          A woman in Kocani's nearby village of Orizari killed her 32-year-old son, chopped up his body and then dumped it in a stove, A1 TV said on Thursday night.

Police sources said the murder took place on 8 September in family house in Orizari.

The 59-year-old mother cut up her son's body into pieces and torched them in a stove for 23 days. She reported to police that her son was missing last Monday.

The Macedonian public is in shock. Public prosecutor had ordered a psychological assessment on the mother.

There must be something in the water! I knew I am not the only mental case of the village!

On even more serious note, I guess this is what happens when we pretend that we are the only nation in the whole world that can't be touched by mental illness. Sure, we are perfect! To read various comments on various sites by our fellow Macedonians that it is such a shock to happen in our country. How could it? Mental illness is something that exist only in the western world, isn't it?!? No?!? So this is how ill the mind can get if left untreated...
          Anyone can be touched by a mental illness. It's a damn serious issue, and something that needs to be supported. It takes alot of understanding, and many Macedonians don't understand it, or shy away from it. I think we need to rethink what exactly does it mean to be "normal" because in 16th century Germany, dancing for three days straight from village to village, was a normal thing to do. Do that these days, and welfare are knocking at the door.

Comment

Working...
          X