X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Another neo-hellene myth busted.

Have you ever encountered a so-called 'hellene' who just loves throwing up countless number of books describing the Byzantine empire as an exclusive "greek" empire one in which they love using this quote because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside;

The empire of the Hellenes, namely that of the Romans.
    The Apocolypse by Pseudo-Methodios.

Well I'm not here to help spread their propaganda. I am here to break it into a million pieces. Especially after reading this absurdity -
    Code:
    http://www.macedoniaontheweb.com/forum/general-greek-history/765-modern-greeks-were-created-2.html
    which had me laughing so hard I had to stitch my sides back up myself. So thank you imposter hellenes for making my day.

To use a smilie that many of the imposter hellenes use on their forums-
    Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian
    Have you ever encountered a so-called 'hellene' who just loves throwing up countless number of books describing the Byzantine empire as an exclusive "greek" empire
    Yes, I have.
    I am here to break it into a million pieces.
    And you certainly did. Count this as another in the countless. Keep it up TM, you have been a valuable member of Maknews and the MTO and your contributions are among the most significant, particularly where it concerns finding Macedonians, and finding no Greeks.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Nice find TM.

I recal reading something you posted by Kaldellis, who criticized someone called Vryonis for engaging in this dubious kind of practice or calling everyone "Greeks" even where they say "Romans" in the sources.

Comment

• 777Bitola
        • Sep 2009

Lol. They didn't realize they were Greeks, who ever does something great or is a powerful figure is always "Greek".
        Soon Napolean will be considered Greek from the Athenians.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

You're right 777. As far as I heard Christopher Columbus was an ethnic "greek" and his real name was most likely Christophoros Columbis lol. The mind is a terrible thing to waste. Modern "greeks" should stop wasting theres on finding ways to try and discredit us and should instead find out what their real heritage is.

Comment

• 777Bitola
            • Sep 2009

YouTube - Was Christopher Columbus Greek?

YouTube - Napoleon Bonaparte Was Greek

and the stupidity continues

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

If we go by those videos then Christoforos Columbis was actually Armenian/Hungarian/Italian/and Serbian because he would have descended from the Paeliologi dynasty

And I guess Napolean was descended from an ethnic Albanian/Vlach family. My gosh what discoveries

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Just like to add this to this thread.

In his book "Hellenism in Byzantium: The Transformation of Greek Identity and the Reception of the Classical Tradition", Anthony Kaldellis exposes some historians, who have been found out distorting the original sources, particularly through the practice of replacing the term "Roman" with the term "Greek" and referring to the Byzantine Empire as "a Greek Empire", even though the references make no mention of Greeks or any reference to Greeks or Greece.

Footnote 220(?)

That Vyronis refers to Byzantines as "the Greeks" throughout his magnum opus (1971) is problematic; that he makes the sources that he quotes talk about Greeks or the Greek nation (when they do not) is troubling. Constantelos (1998) 155 calls Ostrogorsky's "two brothers" (the aspostels to the Slavs) "the two Greek brothers". Elsewhere he says that "properly speaking the Byzantine Empire was the Mediaeval Greek Empire" (171). Yet not a single source calls it that. Even Dagon (1993) 86 n.23 attributes to Psellos the claim that charlatans try to pass themsleves off as non-Greek in order to be credible, but what Psellos actually says is that they claim to possess insider "ethnic" knowledge such as Illyrian or Persian:see p.95 above. Such "shorthand" confuses the issues. For the importance of ethnonyms, see hall (2002) 125
                What this demonstrates is that highly esteemed historians, such as Vryonis, have been deliberately distorting the evidence. What surprises me more is that particularly in relation to his thesis, it would have had to be checked and signed by a panel to say that is was up to academic standards !

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                  Just like to add this to this thread.

In his book "Hellenism in Byzantium: The Transformation of Greek Identity and the Reception of the Classical Tradition", Anthony Kaldellis exposes some historians, who have been found out distorting the original sources, particularly through the practice of replacing the term "Roman" with the term "Greek" and referring to the Byzantine Empire as "a Greek Empire", even though the references make no mention of Greeks or any reference to Greeks or Greece.

Footnote 220(?)

What this demonstrates is that highly esteemed historians, such as Vryonis, have been deliberately distorting the evidence. What surprises me more is that particularly in relation to his thesis, it would have had to be checked and signed by a panel to say that is was up to academic standards !
                  That wouldn't be the first time modern "greek" historians have received ill repute for making things up. Have a read about this;

Regrettably too, more amateur books and articles are still being published in Greece which have little but amateur enthusiasm and rhetoric to compensate for inadequacies which include philological optimism of the lucas a non lucendovariety. It is unfortunate that most local histories of Vlach villages fall into this category, as it is on the parish pump level that new discoveries are badly needed.
                  The Vlachs by Tom Winnifrith page 43

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

That's great. Thanks T.M.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

Hey Pelister I know you and everyone else will appreciate this from Loring Danforth's book 'The Macedonian Conflict' in where he calls out Evangelos Kofos a so-called "greek scholar".

page 33

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

TM
                        Great find - very much appreciated!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Napoleon
                          • Dec 2008

Soon Napolean will be considered Greek from the Athenians.
                          I phucken hope NOT!!!

Comment

• Steve1
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                            Have you ever encountered a so-called 'hellene' who just loves throwing up countless number of books describing the Byzantine empire as an exclusive "greek" empire one in which they love using this quote because it gives them a warm fuzzy feeling inside;

The empire of the Hellenes, namely that of the Romans.
                            The Apocolypse by Pseudo-Methodios.

Well I'm not here to help spread their propaganda. I am here to break it into a million pieces. Especially after reading this absurdity -
                            Code:
                            http://www.macedoniaontheweb.com/forum/general-greek-history/765-modern-greeks-were-created-2.html
                            which had me laughing so hard I had to stitch my sides back up myself. So thank you imposter hellenes for making my day.

To use a smilie that many of the imposter hellenes use on their forums-
                            So you read some article and u believe everything about it. Well, Greeks were the main group during these times but it did include other races as well. I find your post a bit immature of factual information to make such sound conclusions on your part.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Steve1 View Post
                              So you read some article and u believe everything about it. Well, Greeks were the main group during these times but it did include other races as well. I find your post a bit immature of factual information to make such sound conclusions on your part.
                              yeh and your Wiki bullshit is very inteligent. Piss off stavros.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                              X