1923 Letter to president of the Macedonian emigration in Sofia confirm Macedonians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

1923 Letter to president of the Macedonian emigration in Sofia confirm Macedonians

1923: Letter to president of the Macedonian emigration in Sofia confirm Macedonian ethnic identity.

YouTube - 1923: Letter to president of the Macedonian emigration in Sofia confirm Macedonian ethnic identity

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

An outstanding video, we need to get hold of a copy of that document, where did Makedonier find it?
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Here is a copy of the document:

Can someone help me out with a complete translation of the document?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

It looks very gritty but I'm sure someone in here can translate this. Good that you found this daskalot
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          Here is a copy of the document:

Can someone help me out with a complete translation of the document?
          The letters are not all clear, nevertheless, anybody willing to take a shot at this? We should have the english translation to this document.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• sf.
            • Jan 2010

I've started, and it's frustrating because of the lack of clarity. Several characters/letters appear similar in the print. I've tried a literal translation (in the absence of established context). Any suggestions/corrections welcome. If anyone else has had a go at it, present your progress.

Text:

To Mr President of the national Committee of the Macedonian Emigrants
            (Here)

Mr President,

… as a Macedonian, and as such the … council-authorities of the two Macedonian Organisations, with disagreement (displeasure) to You: direct your attention, Mr President, to the following: …… come across (can be seen) the words “bulgars of Macedonia” or “Macedonian bulgars”.
            Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Thank you Sf, I will see what I can do with the scan.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

We need to translate this letter, is there a higher resolution copy available?

Comment

• Po-drum
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  We need to translate this letter, is there a higher resolution copy available?
                  I'll try to translate it in Macedonian, from what I can read.

До Господин: Претседател на
                  Националниот Комитет на
                  Македонската Емиграција

Господине Пртседател,

Сметајќи се за Македонец и како таков не пропуштајќи да ги прочитам весниците - органи на двете македонски организации, со незадоволство ви го посочувам, Г-н Претседател, следното: на многу места во весниците се среќава зборот "Бугари од Македонија" или "македонски Бугари". Следејќи ги случувањата од пред војната, за време на војната и од времето кога се создаде Егзархијата, дојдов до заклучок дека (за, м.б.) сите страдања и неможноста да добиеме слобода за нашата измачена родина причината е: I-во иако (?) имаме разлики со царство Бугарија, а II-ро имајќи потреба од таква различност, изјавувам дека ние Македонците во минатото сме правеле грешки (во борбата, м.б.)за извојување на слободата, а отпосле .... некои од тие грешки сме ги отстраниле, но главната сеуште не е отстранета, а имено "Бугари" - не би требало никогаш и никаде да се спомнува тој збор бидејќи и вие самиот знаете од каде потекнува тој збор, и дека не сме никакви Бугари, туку можеме со гордост да се наречеме "Македонски Словени".
                  Истото се однесува и за убиените во село Гарван/Радовишко/2(3/8??) души невини селани, кои се наречени Бугари а кои всушност се Македонски словени.
                  Повторно Ви посочувам, г-не Претседателе, дека дури се споменува тој збор "Бугари" нема да мо\еме да ја видиме слободата на нашата многустрадална земја - Македонија.
                  Навeденото да се објави веќе во следниот број на весникот во Органот на Македонската Емиграција.
                  Сметајќи дека ќе го земете во предвид горното ве поздравувам (оставашт??),

Со почит:
                  Македонец.
                  Last edited by Po-drum; 07-09-2011, 03:11 PM.
                  Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

Working...
                  X