• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREEKoccupiedMacedonian
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Greek minority in Bitola

There are reports that show the Greek minority in Monastirion to be of a magnitude of greater than 10,000 people.

Do these Greeks have any political party representation in the RoM?
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

According to the census of the Republic of Macedonia, which was done by the International Community in 2002, there are 422 Greeks in Macedonia (all, of Macedonia).

Macedonia does not hide from having minorities, have a look at the census results, we even recognize the Austrian minority, consisting of 35 people (yes, just 35 and we recognize them). Note, this is not based on citizenship, this is based on ETHNICITY, self-determined, self-declared ethnicity.

If the 422 Greeks want political representation, they need to form a political party, like the Albanians, Roma, Vlahs, Bosniaks, Serbs, Turks, etc have done.

There have been no attempts for this by any Greeks, yet, there are 2 reasons why:

1. They probably think It's not really worth it for 400 people now is it to register a political party, especially when:
    2. Those 400 Greeks in Macedonia are Greek businessmen and their families who run/own businesses in Macedonia.
    Last edited by Rogi; 09-14-2008, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• toothpaste
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
      2. Those 400 Greeks in Macedonia are Greek businessmen and their families who run/own businesses in Macedonia.
      I guess Grandma Fani ..is a businesswoman..

YouTube - Η γιαγιά Φανίτσα απο το Μοναστήρι

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by toothpaste View Post

Well good, now we can ship her over. Bloody stupid you are, nobody in Macedonia is denying you fool, you are the one in denial not us.

Have you checked out the videos of our grandmas telling the horrors they had to live in the hands of your gov?

Comment

• toothpaste
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
          Well good, now we can ship her over. Bloody stupid you are, nobody in Macedonia is denying you fool, you are the one in denial not us.

Have you checked out the videos of our grandmas telling the horrors they had to live in the hands of your gov?
          Originally Posted by Rogi View Post

Is it enough?

Was the subject the "horrors grandmas lived in the hands of Greek gov?"
          Not.

That's all with you..cause u seem unable to have a single human dialog-I m sorry i don't know how to bark.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GREEKoccupiedMacedonian View Post
            There are reports that show the Greek minority in Monastirion to be of a magnitude of greater than 10,000 people.

Wow, really?
            I want to help these people personally.
            What do you think we should do first?
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Вардарец
              • Sep 2008

Oh yeah,

I have met some of these ordinary Greeks, not bussinesmen. There is a one young man, aged like me. I was curious if he was an Egeec and started asking him about his roots. His answer was the he can not pronounce even 1 greek word. His father came to live in Skopje in the 70's... from Russia. Pure hellene, Ponti i suppose. But he says he is Greek. Okay, i respect that, as he does respect all of us here.
              For the glory of the Hellenes! Abandon orthodoxy and join your true religion! http://www.hellenicreligion.gr/... Zeus awaits you!

Comment

• Sv. Nikola
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GREEKoccupiedMacedonian View Post

Hi mate

Please the quote name oh the site is Bitola and it not Greek name. Also you have to know that all greek-that are living in R. Macedonia are small small group but I will help them to open political party if they want , however because this group is to small small small I do not think that they have any political aspiration.
                Also for yours information we Macedonian have relative that are living proof and they are in Greece living and developing greek society.

And for the end it is good to raise provocation but you have to be aware the also your name it is yours and we are not asking to change or use prefer name, use as you want , however do not tell me hot to call myself .

Comment

• Coolski
                  • Sep 2008

It all depends on what you mean when you say "Greek". You know, it tends to change according to what benefits the Hellenic republic. IN this instance, i am very curious to see whether this number of 10s of 1000s of Greeks actually means 10s of 1000s of ethnic Vlachs. You know they're different right?
                  - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                  - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Yeah, the Greek thing is quite shaky.
                    It really does come down to the definition of being Greek.
                    If it means a bit of good old Patriarchist guilt suggesting you will go to hell if you support the one eyed Bulgarian Exarchate church, then sure ... I would imagine there would have been plenty of "Greeks" there under that definition. But we are certainly not talking about Greeks in the modern sense.

But I personally want to help them when you find them. So please let me know how we can support your brothers. Do you think we should let them:

Open a cultural centre?
                    What about a Greek church for them?
                    Hmmm, so many options for our little country. Imagine what we could do to help these poor people if we were in the EU and had 5 times the population. I am sure we could do better. Hey, maybe Greece can return the favour for the Macedonians in Greece this century.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

my fathers village was counted as greek in that famous turkish cenus that neo hellenes love to quote at every oppourtunity. sadly at that time only 2 people actually spoke greek and only 1 family out of a population of 800 people were grkomani. ironically enough no one form that family spoke greek, the greek speakers were my great grandfather and another ultra patriotic man who had both been educated at greek schools, the only schools allowed by the ottomans .

the greeks in bitola were to a man either vlasi or grkomani, and not a significant part of the population, the majority were turks then macedonians and jews. most vlasi fled as did a few grkomani.

but as i keep saying trying to be reasonable and polite with neo hellenes is a waste of time, they are not here to listen , they are here to tell us what we need to now, as we according to them are unable to work out who we are, and what we have a right to be. i find their preaching unbearably arrogant and hypocritical and most of all so misinformed. it seems that nothing has changed in cyberland these past 5 years most neo hellenes are sti las nasty and as stupid as ever.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Their voices need to be heard. Even if it is to remind the world how unreasonable they are.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• pelagonia
                          • Sep 2008

There are no 'greeks' in Bitola who are indigenous to the area.
                          ''The figures of SS. Kiril and Metodi, and St. Clement and St. Naum of Ohrid are shining examples to the sons of Macedonia, whom a glorious future awaits on the day that Macedonia, united and free, takes her place as a member with equal rights of the family of the Balkan peoples." Krste Petkov Misirkov, 1913.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by pelagonia View Post
                            There are no 'greeks' in Bitola who are indigenous to the area.
                            Correct. Even the title of this thread is sort of misleading.

The claims of such a minority is just a pathetic response by Greeks in respect to the very real Macedonian minority in Northern Greece.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• GREEKoccupiedMacedonian
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2008

There are Greeks in the RoM that feel they are being suppressed and are afraid to speak out fearing persecution.
                              There are reports of them having forced assimilation tactics being imposed on them such as name changes etc.
                              Similar to claims that we hear about the non Greek Macedonians in Greek Macedonia.

Comment

Working...
                              X