Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
TrueMacedonian

TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough
Default 4000 year old Macedonian writing

Dimko and Volk have posted many many interesting findings in archaeology. I think this one is extraordinary and needs its own thread.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100136409.html

Archeologists uncover 4,000-year-old Macedonian writing
December 30th, 2008 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI -

Skopje (Macedonia), Dec 30 (ANI): Archaeologists in Macedonia have uncovered 4,000-year-old writing, which is the first trace of the old Macedonian language in the country.

According to a report by MINA (Montenegrin News Agency), the 4,000-year-old signs, written on the lid of the clay artifact, are considered as a monumental discovery, first of its kind and very important for the paleolinguistics.

Uncovered are the first traces of the old Macedonian language in the country, said Dr. Dushko Aleksovski, paleolinguistics professor and honorary president of the World Rock Art Academy.

This is a very rare artifact, the name of the Goddess Vesta is written on it. However, the first written name is Bsefa, which later became Vesta. This is the oldest artifact written in the old Macedonian language discovered on our territory, he added.

The discovery was made in central Macedonia, the precise location is being kept secret by the Government so the area doesnt get over run by archeological poachers looking for treasures and artifacts. (ANI)

YouTube - 4000 years old Macedonian letter found !

Here's where Dimko posted this finding http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...hp?t=50&page=6

Dimko is there any other info regarding this writing that you can add?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Dimko-piperkata

Dimko-piperkata is on a distinguished road

indeed, i have 2 or 3 big interviews with dusho aleksovski where he is explaining all this cool stuff from the KARPESTNA UMETNOST...his discoveries are just amazing.

but i think that the newest article on mazorg, the audio interview with vasil iljov, plays in a HIGHER liga and deserves also to be mentioned here ?
Dimko-piperkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

In what kind of letters was it written? Are there any other words written? They're some questions I would have.....
Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

does anybody here know when the word makedonia or makedon is first used as an ethnic or national term.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #5
Dimko-piperkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
does anybody here know when the word makedonia or makedon is first used as an ethnic or national term.
at least with facts, around 17,000years !

and our macedonian letter is old around 40,000years also with fact allocateable !
Old 04-03-2009, 05:43 AM   #6
osiris

dimko thats a big call. i would like to see some of the facts. i know that bela zora was paeonian 700 bc and also phrygians lived in macedonia at the same time.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

I would say early in the 1st millenia BC.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
osiris

thanks som i think thats a reasonable time frame. if the language on the tablet in question is compehensible as macedonian it would mean that macedonians were liguistically a part of the greater indigienous peoples of the balkans, ie thracians and or illyrians.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
Dimko-piperkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
dimko thats a big call. i would like to see some of the facts. i know that bela zora was paeonian 700 bc and also phrygians lived in macedonia at the same time.
vasils new book will be published around these days....
a huge part of his work based on this findings
http://www.culture.gouv.fr/public/mi...PWD=4%24%2534P
Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
osiris

thank you dimko, my limited understanding of paleo balkan history is that the territory of what later became maedonia was multiethnic albeit form a common linguistic and cultural pool. then at one point sometime in the firts millenium bc,a kingdom was established called makedon which eventually incorporated all the present day terrotories of makedonia.
i am uncomfortable calling a language spoken somewhere in presnt day makedonia before the establsihment of that kingdom macedonian. it may be a kindred even identical langauge but would it have been called macedonian by the its speakers, if in fcat a macedonian nation had not even been establshed or if it was in fact a competing kingdom.
i am simply trying to take modern political consideratiosn out of the equation, and not look bacjwards to understand our history, that methodolgy is fraught with danger and liable to be distorted.