Originally Posted by Bij View Post
how much does one of these tests cost?
here are the prices

https://www.igenea.com/index.php?c=16&lp=6
Dimko-piperkata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:38 AM   #23
Daniel the Great

Daniel the Great is on a distinguished road

Has anyone from the MTO had one of these DNA tests done and sent back to them the results? if so it would be interesting to see.
Daniel the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
kure

kure is on a distinguished road

My iGENEA results have not come back yet, but I received my familytreedna.com username and password to compare some of my information with others.

According to familytreedna.com my Haplogroup is
I2a (more specifically I-P37.2). They cannot be more specific, because I did not order the upgrade for the Haplogroup test, but according to wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_I_%28Y-DNA%29

I2a-P37.2 (P37.2) branches into;

* I2a1-M26 (L158, L159, M26) Typical of the population of the so-called "archaic zone" of Sardinia; also found at low frequencies among populations of Southwest Europe, particularly in Castile, Bťarn, and the Basque Country
o I2a1a-M161 (M161) Very rare (1 in Puerto Rico)
o I2a1b-L160
* I2a2-M423 (L178, M423)
o I2a2a-L69.2 (L69.2(=T)/S163.2) Typical of the Balkan populations, especially the populations of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia; also found with high frequency in Moldavia and Romania and high haplotype diversity values, but lower overall frequency, among the populations of Slovakia and the Czech Republic
+ I2a2a1-P41.2 (P41.2/M359.2) Very rare (2 in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1 in Turkey, 1 in England and 1 in Croatia)
o I2a2b-L161 low frequency in Ireland and Great Britain

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
kure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #25
kure

kure is on a distinguished road

As for genetic matches in the database, I have 4 exact genetic matches. From their first name, surname, and surname endings, they appear to be either anglicized macedonian or bulgarian names. For security purposes I blacked out everything except for the surname endings of my match and myself.

Additionally, there is a part of the site where it compares your "ancestral origins" to others "ancestral origins" in the database. One's "ancestral origins" are decided solely by the user. One is prompted to input their paternal and maternal country of origin. I put Macedonia, as both of my parents were born in the Republic.

Following is a comparison of my genetic profile with others in the database. It is interesting to note that I got 2 exact matches in Romania. Many who follow this forum know of the migrations from Macedonia to Romania, especially in the more recent past (WWI and WWII era).

As soon as I get more information, I will be sure to post it. Enjoy.
kure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #26
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting in a strange kind of way!
Keep it up Kure.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 AM   #27
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

You've got some hard evidence there Kure
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #28
fyrOM
Banned

fyrOM is an unknown quantity at this point

Following kures lead I have ordered a test from igenea. I donít see a problem with posting it here later and as per request if you're not Macedonian, then you have to cancel your account here immediately I shall dutifully bow out if the test are negative.hahahaha
fyrOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #29
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OziMak View Post
Following kures lead I have ordered a test from igenea. I donít see a problem with posting it here later and as per request if you're not Macedonian, then you have to cancel your account here immediately I shall dutifully bow out if the test are negative.hahahaha

OziMak, just like Kure, I hope you can come again.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #30
Onur

Onur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kure View Post
According to familytreedna.com my Haplogroup is
I2a (more specifically I-P37.2)

This means that your paternal ancestors are one of earliest inhabitants of Balkans since I2a considered to be one of the oldest genome type in Europe, arose in/around of Balkans. AFAIK, It`s believed to be the the major haplogroup of Illyrian people.

Check out my message here;

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...4989#post54989

Last edited by Onur; 06-06-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Onur is offline   Reply With Quote