Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Big Bad Sven

Big Bad Sven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
It may be more common in Macedonia, but I haven't had that experience in Australia.
Unfortunately i have experience it a lot in australia... the last macedonian "nightclub" for young people in my community played almost more serbian music then macedonian. The excuse i was given that more "hits" were coming out of serbia, and macedonian music was too boring or too folksy.

The sad part it was mainly the macedonian females who were the advocates for playing serbian music in a macedonian club, i believe their justification was something about "every one should get along, and we live in australia, and should leave the politics behind"....... it still did not make sense that a macedonian club would play almost more serbian music then macedonian
Big Bad Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
i believe their justification was something about "every one should get along, and we live in australia, and should leave the politics behind"
Yeah, I've heard this.
I don't believe it. Many of the same people show disgust at Greek displays of culture. I think they are embarrassed to be Macedonian and feel inferior to Serbs. It is a Yugo legacy and I find it highly damaging and disgusting.

The Serbian language is not the least bit normal to me as a Macedonian raised with no connection to Yugoslavia. Any perceived connections to Serbs comes from Tito more than any other "orthodox brotherhood".

Don't get me wrong, I have met many nice Serbs. I just don't feel the need to pretend to be one sometimes.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #13
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have met many nice Serbs. I just don't feel the need to pretend to be one sometimes.
Are there really Macedonian's who pretend to be serbs...?

There were probably a few who put a 'yugoslav' identity before their Macedonian identity but I'm unaware of any declaring as serb.

Last edited by Phoenix; 01-22-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Are there really Macedonian's who pretend to be serbs...?
It is more of a case of speaking in Serbian as soon as one enters the room. I think RoMacedonians give themselves far more latitude in relation to identity than they afford Macedonians in Egej. My experience is that when a Serb finds out I am Macedonian, they will instantly assume I speak Serbian. Which I find bizarre and only supported by RoMacedonian actions.

I know a significant person in our local community who allows his daughter to attend Serbian dance classes. We have a Macedonian dance group. Why not go to a Greek dance class as well and be done with putting a knife through the heart of all Macedonians?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #15
Zarni
Banned

Zarni is on a distinguished road

When ever I meet a Serb I speak Macedonian to them and ask them why dont you.

Back to the Border crossing payee's are Maacedonians stil paying the 90 Euro do they stll disespect themselves

By the way Macedonians were welcomed in some parts of Serbia with slogans saying "Macedonia is Serbian"

Last edited by Zarni; 01-22-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Zarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #16
United MKD

United MKD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
My experience is that when a Serb finds out I am Macedonian, they will instantly assume I speak Serbian. Which I find bizarre and only supported by RoMacedonian actions.
Not just Serb, ex-Yugoslavia in general Bosnians and Croats also. I met this Bosnian man at work he started speaking to me in Serbo-Croatian as soon as he found out I am Macedonian, he was shocked when I didn't reply to him in his native language.

Last edited by United MKD; 01-23-2012 at 02:25 AM.
United MKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
Komita

Komita is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
Ah Nis, the Serbian city were Serbian fans raised a huge greek flag and used the FYROM acronym in a "friendly" hand ball match..... Never mind that a few pubs play macedonian music to macedonian customers( i mean suckers) so all is forgiven.

I think Nis should become the new tourist destination for all good macedonians.
You got no clue, it was in Smederovo, they apologized after. The greek flag was brought by the fan group Delije that have an alliance with the Olympiakos fans.
The Smederovo football fan group have good relationship with Vardar fans I know some friends have been there and told me they greeted us very well.
Mnogu serite a nemate pojma za nekoi stvari naj dobar primer e Risto the great.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
Komita

Komita is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarni View Post
When ever I meet a Serb I speak Macedonian to them and ask them why dont you.

Back to the Border crossing payee's are Maacedonians stil paying the 90 Euro do they stll disespect themselves

By the way Macedonians were welcomed in some parts of Serbia with slogans saying "Macedonia is Serbian"
By the group Blood n Honour.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
Risto the Great

Komita, you love Serbs and a compliant Macedonian who wanted to go places in Yugo times always LOVED Serbs. You don't have to love them anymore, they won't be doing anything for you now. Move on son, look to Brussels for that kind of sucking up.

Anyway Komita, you Serb apologist, please clearly explain why Serbs are friends of Macedonians. Don't tell me it was just the politicians who were bad and the Serbian people are nice. I have met many nice Serbians. I have also met many nice Greeks. I just have not seen any of them being useful for the Macedonian Cause.

Anyway, would you favour an Orthodox Serb or Greek over a Muslim Macedonian any day? I'm trying to understand your brand of Macedonian and I think you are still in the 1980's but I could be wrong.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
Risto the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komita View Post
By the group Blood n Honour.
They sound nice. Tell us more about them. You have quite an interest in Serbian matters.