• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coastal
    Banned
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Coastal, this isn't 1816, but 1916. Now that almost another century has lapsed, do you think Albanian is still the main tongue of Greek army personnel? Or did that situation end when the Albanians in the Greek army were taught to sing army songs in Greek against their own people?
    So it's the book ALBANIA:THE RISE OF A KINGDOM...that quotes Parnassos newspaper ,without of course mentioning the exact day and Leaf of the Paper ,and without putting a photo of the original.
    No what is written before ,no what is written after.
    So many (...) ... hm...

Ok i am persuaded. What if in 1916 the Borders of Greeks stretch to Nestos River,including south Macedonia ,Thessaly,Crete ...
    Who knows maybe the Cretans were speaking Arvanitic too..

Do you have any quotes of the book about Macedonians?
    This would be interesting...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

So it's the book ALBANIA:THE RISE OF A KINGDOM...that quotes Parnassos newspaper ,without of course mentioning the exact day and Leaf of the Paper ,and without putting a photo of the original.
      No what is written before ,no what is written after.
      So many (...) ... hm...
      It seems that when your identity is questioned weasels like you squirm to avoid the most obvious.

Ok i am persuaded. What if in 1916 the Borders of Greeks stretch to Nestos River,including south Macedonia ,Thessaly,Crete ...
      Who knows maybe the Cretans were speaking Arvanitic too..
      Considering what your country's national dress is I really wouldn't doubt that much from what is written above. Unless Swire happens to be one of those dreaded "Skopians".

But the topic is not about Macedonians. It's about your kind and the Albanianess of your kind. Squirming and worming your way around still doesn't change the fact that in 1916 the majority of your soldiers spoke Albanian. 1916 is less than a hundred years ago. Is this BS with hellenism really supposed to make a believer out of us? I hope that you're fully brainwashed into believing in it because reading something like the above would cancel my yearly subscription to Parnassos.
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Coastal
        Banned
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post

But the topic is not about Macedonians. It's about your kind and the Albanianess of your kind. Squirming and worming your way around still doesn't change the fact that in 1916 the majority of your soldiers spoke Albanian. 1916 is less than a hundred years ago. Is this BS with hellenism really supposed to make a believer out of us? I hope that you're fully brainwashed into believing in it because reading something like the above would cancel my yearly subscription to Parnassos.
        You are right...this Albania" book is like a Bible.
        We must swear on this from now on.

PS-TM are you a kind of obsessed with dna? You know..clear blood and all the stuff..
        I guess you were tested,and the results were "100% Macedonian-son of Alexander the Great" You must start lessons of Greek then..your Dad was speaking them fluently

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Coastal View Post
          You are right...this Albania" book is like a Bible.
          We must swear on this from now on.

PS-TM are you a kind of obsessed with dna? You know..clear blood and all the stuff..
          I guess you were tested,and the results were "100% Macedonian-son of Alexander the Great" You must start lessons of Greek then..your Dad was speaking them fluently
          I like good jokes but yours are as corny as your yaya's yellow teeth. Stick with your state-sponsored propaganda even if it only makes you look like the resident down-syndrome kidselling candy at a bake sale. DNA has nothing to do with anything here. Your nationalist myths is why you are here. This topic does not compute very well with you because you are force fed the same German cow manure of being a bunch of descendents for people who would call you all "Barbarians".

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coastal
            The excerpts from the book are about Albanians in the Greek army, why are you trying to detract from this by looking for Macedonians? Do you have a problem with addressing issues concerning your own people that you need to deflect attention away to something else? Face the facts, there is a plethora of evidence that clearly indicates the largely Albanian origins of modern Greeks, at least the original one's that were there during independence. For the rest, and how Athens boomed to 1000% increase of their population, check the first constitution of the Greek state, which indicates that any Christian from anywhere in the world that settles in the new state is automatically a 'Greek'.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonetz
              • Apr 2010

This Hell-Ass is funny can we keep him around abit more before we ban his @ss
              Makedoncite se borat
              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
              - Goce Delchev

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Coastal is having some identity issues embracing his Albanian heritage. Hence the nasties and detracting away from written evidence.

Its ok, we understand. Must be really hard to see how there is no such thing as "Greek" hence your obsession with Macedonia. We dont mind if you want to be one of us
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Makedonetz
                  • Apr 2010

whats his name in greek coastal?

Columbiadis? AHAHA
                  Makedoncite se borat
                  za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                  - Goce Delchev

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Last bump of the day (I promise)

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Regarding grk speaking Albanian, these next quotes might have already been seen. But they are classics and some of my collection.

"The Usable Past" - 2003
                      By K.S Brown & Professor Yannis Hamilakis

Page 140:

"..As a result of a number of historical factors, much of the rural population in central Greece was Albanian-speaking by the time of the creation of modern Greek state in the 1830s"

-------------

VENIZELOS (Famous Greek Statesman - Prime Minister: 1910-1920, 1932)
                      By Herbert Adams Gibbons, Ph.D

HOUGHTON MIFFLIN COMPANY - 1920

[At The Peace Conferance]

Page 346:

"...Venizelos advanced the famous theory of national consciousness as the test of nationality..."One may be temped", he said, "to raise the objection that a substantial portion of the Greek population uses ALBANIAN as its mother tongue, and is, consequently, in all probability, of Albanian orgin"

--------------------

POLITICS IN MODERN GREECE
                      By Keith R. Legg

Page 86:

LANGUAGE

"..At the time of independence, the range in local dialects was significant; substantial portions of the population spoke Albanian"

----------------------

"EURYDICE STREET - A Place In Athens"

By Dr Sofka Zinovieff, PhD
                      Published: 2004

Page: 38

"..This preoccupation with Greekness only really began after the War of Independence (1830), when defining what it meant to be Greek became a vital element in creating a new state - Their first capital was the smart little Peloponnesian port Nafplio. It was thought to be far more suitable than the goat-infested ruins and the insignificant, predominantly Turkish-Albanian settlement which existed in 1900-century Athens"

And My Favourite.
                      I wish there was video footage of this lol

OHPAHHHHHHH

the liberators of Greece…..Nine or ten of them performed the Albanian national dance, to the sound of a bad fiddle and a little jingling guitar played with a quill, for the amusement of her Majesty, who did not seem enchanted with this exhibition….these men, who were exposing themselves in this absurd manner, were the far-famed Colocotroni, Nikitas, surnamed the Turkophagos, or Turk-eater, Makryani, Vasso of Montenegro, Kota Botzaris,, and others equally celebrated…….this was merely the dance of the Albanians, a totally distinct race of men from the Greeks. (Blackwood’s Magazine, XLIII)
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

and this is in 1916,,,,,,
                        I want to prove a point with this topic because it is important to understand what language was being spoken in the Modern Greco army,,,,and navy, so here's some more info to add to elaborate why this Parnassos article was bitching about Albanian being spoken widely throughout the Modern Greco army; (these are old posts but relevent to the topic)

This book was published in 1914. Now this is what Venizelos said. This book was published in 1920!

I mean how much more can we honestly say here? Considering the facts I would have to wager that Romaika was nothing more than a foreign language for more than half the population of Modern 'greece' in the early 20th century. Where is this hellenism? Where are the hellenes?

The ufologists in A'm'AC have alot to explain here.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                          • Jan 2009

"THE ALBANIANS - An Ethnic History from Prehistoric Times to the Present"
                          ISBN-13: 9780899509327

By Dr Edwin E. Jacques - 1994

Page: 328

"...During the naval battle of the Dardanelles in 1912 he (Greek Admiral Kunduriot) shouted a command to the crew of his battleship in the Albanian language. When asked afterwards why he had used this unaccustomed idiom, the admiral replied, "From enthusiasm!" His reponse corresponds very closely to the reason given by Alexander the Great for frequently speaking to his Macedonian troops in their non-Hellenic language"

"...On another occasion Admiral Kunduriot learned that his ship's officers had forbidden the seamen to speak Albanian among themselves. The admiral summoned the seamen on deck and asked them, "A kuvėndoni Shqip, more?" (O you, do you talk together in Albanian?). The sailors looked at one another, hardly knowing what to reply. One of them took courage, and answered, "- We do talk together just a little, Admiral."

Kunduriot replied, "Go ahead and talk together in Albanian, for we are the ones who liberated Greece!" (Dituria January 1927, 86).
                          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I think that it is safe to say that these people in these pics are all Albanians then;

and Albanians with the Macedonians here;

I guess it only takes a lil bit of magic to become a hellene
                            TM, from which book are these photos?
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Epirot
                              • Mar 2010

Klephtes, those legendary warriors, children of ancient Hellenes* were nothing else but ALBANIANS. I am not saying that but its KOUMAS who stresses out that:

"A Romaic grammar: accompanied by a chrestomathy, with a vocabulary"---Evangelinus Apostolides Sophocles

Now it become crystal clear why no one of them heard of Achilles:

The eighteenth-century Greek scholar Koumas tells of a visit he made to one of the most influential klephts, Nikotsaras. In order to show respect Koumas addressed the klephtic leader as Achilles. Nikotsaras retorted angrily: ‘What rubbish are you talking about? Who is this Achilles? Handy with a musket, was he?”

The Balkans: Nationalism, War & the Great Powers, 1804-1999′ Misha Glenny, 2000, p. 31
                              The descendants of those fierce Klephtes are progressing greatly. Now they pass their ignorance and claim themselves as lineal descendants of Achilles

*Did I forgot to mention any other epithet given to them by European fatheads?
                              Last edited by Epirot; 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM.
                              IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• Onur
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
                                Klephtes, those legendary warriors, children of ancient Hellenes* were nothing else but ALBANIANS. I am not saying that but its KOUMAS who stresses out that:
                                Creation of Greece is actually a result of madness.

Christian Albanians in Morea killed muslim Albanians and Turks in 1820s and then they denied their Albanian heritage and became newborn Hellenes. Also christian Greeks killed muslim Greeks in Crete laters. This was a result of western European intervention.

Same thing happened in Ireland. You know, Anglican/Protestant Irish people at north and Catholics in south killed each other because of British intervention. As far as i read, very few people can speak Irish language at north(Anglicans) and most of them consider themselves as British while people at south can speak Irish language as their mothertongue and considers themselves as Irish.

Comment

Working...
                                X