Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Wonder why no mention is made of Bulgaria in that resolution. What was Bulgaria doing differently at this time to Serbia and Greece?
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

It's not that Bulgaria was doing anything differently. Macedonians in Pirin essentially ruled Pirin (especially after WW1) as if it was its own country -- Bulgaria had nothing to do with the administration, governing, policing, and etc. of Pirin. So, compared to Greece/Serbia, Macedonians in Bulgaria enjoyed elevated freedoms.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
        It's not that Bulgaria was doing anything differently. Macedonians in Pirin essentially ruled Pirin (especially after WW1) as if it was its own country -- Bulgaria had nothing to do with the administration, governing, policing, and etc. of Pirin. So, compared to Greece/Serbia, Macedonians in Bulgaria enjoyed elevated freedoms.
        Yeah I had a feeling as such, not to mention the vast majority of our territory was partitioned between Serbia and Greece. I only see some mentions to Albania and Bulgaria in documents from these times.
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
          Yeah I had a feeling as such, not to mention the vast majority of our territory was partitioned between Serbia and Greece. I only see some mentions to Albania and Bulgaria in documents from these times.
          Yes, and to add to that: Macedonians (and Macedonian politics) dominated Sofia. You could say that Macedonians really influenced Bulgaria's positions on issues throughout the 1910s to early 1930s. Of course, Bulgaria's political system was very turbulent. Still, different factions of Macedonians always found themselves in the inner circle.

The fact that Macedonians ran Bulgaria's government for a while also gives more reason as to why Macedonians wouldn't be criticizing Bulgaria as much as they would Serbia and Greece.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
            Yes, and to add to that: Macedonians (and Macedonian politics) dominated Sofia. You could say that Macedonians really influenced Bulgaria's positions on issues throughout the 1910s to early 1930s. Of course, Bulgaria's political system was very turbulent. Still, different factions of Macedonians always found themselves in the inner circle.

The fact that Macedonians ran Bulgaria's government for a while also gives more reason as to why Macedonians wouldn't be criticizing Bulgaria as much as they would Serbia and Greece.
            Yeah I'm inclined to agree. Does always bother me reading these old documents and not seeing any criticism aimed towards Bulgaria or Albania but I suppose it's all relevant to the time. Still though, Bulgaria decimated villages in Macedonia during the First World War, not sure how aware of this people in Switzerland and the US were.

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

May 9, 1918

Comment

Working...
              X