Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 04-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #211
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
Mother Language in Euboea in 1951 census

Total 164,542
Greek 162,292
Albanian 1,480
Turkish 659
Armenian 24
Gypsy 17
Vlach 12
You have demonstrated rather effectively how the process of Self-Hellenization and the process of creation of modern Greece resulted in these figures.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #212
tchaiku

tchaiku is on a distinguished road

GAVALA - Remained Albanian speaking till at least 1907

Yorgi Gavala, Nikola veled-i 0, Ivreto hem veled-i o, Evrenos Glavala, Nikola veled-i o, Martin Varbob, Kozma Koc, Gika, Mek§a Gika,Nikola Gika, Gika birader-i Martin, Mihal Gika,Gin Karavana,Kaloti Krieziya,Domenika Krieziya, Yorgi Barci, Leka Karavana, Gin Karavana, Nikola Kuc, Palomeno Melisato, Luci Kalanci, Istefan Krieziya, Nikola Melisato, Martin Krieziya

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ga...1!4d24.0846684

We can use some of these names in southern villages to detect the Arvanites in northern zones.
The estimates for the Christian Albanian population of Euboea in 1890 was 25,000 of 75,000 so around 1/3, all from the south.
Can someone explain why the inhabitants of villages in northern Euboea like Ayos were carring typical Albanian names like Gjin Muzaka? Even when Orthodox Christian Albanians (and Jews and Gypsies) carried Greek names like Aksenopulu.

Last edited by tchaiku; 04-26-2020 at 09:35 PM.
tchaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #213
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Maria Efthimiou, Greek Historian

Last edited by Carlin15; 05-09-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #214
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Providing text in pictures must be the new trend. What she says... in the last three pictures is also false; see my numbers in previous links and Lithoxoou estimations and full catalogue of alleged Arvanite villages.

Euboea had 160,000 people by 1951, 8 towns and 150 villages and about 0,9% of people with Arvanite mother language. A modern estimation could start by contacting Arvanite clubs and activists of the area.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:40 AM   #215
tchaiku

The figure I used (the 1890 one) does not come from Lithoxoou but from a Western traveller.
I seriously doubt if there were less than 1600 Arvanites in Euboea in 1951 though but it doesn't matter.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:32 PM   #216
tchaiku

There is no ethnic continuity between the Ionians of Euboea, Pontus and Attica and the descendants of the modern Atticans, Euboeans and Pontian.

And that's a fact.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #217
tchaiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaiku View Post
Doric colonies of Sicily and their roots.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ialects-en.svg
Syracuse -> Corinth
Casmenai -> Syracuse -> Corinth
Kamarina -> Syracuse -> Corinth
Megara Hyblaea -> Megara
Selinunte -> Megara Hyblaea -> Megara
Heraclea Minoa -> Not known.
Gela -> Rhodes and Crete
Akragas -> Gela -> Rhodes and Crete

Ionic colonies of Sicily:
Zancle -> Euboea
Himaera -> Zancle -> Euboea
Calacte -> Zancle -> Euboea
Naxos -> Euboea
Catania -> Euboea
Leoniti -> Naxos -> Euboea
Most colonies of Sicily seem to come from regions with a largely Albanian-speaking population in 18th century. (Corinthia and Euboea)
Old 06-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #218
tchaiku

Varibobi is found in both, the Ottoman defter and Lixouthou map.
The Albanian language of the village survived into the early 20th century.

An ancient inscription was found in the area of ​​the village, which states that races were held in the area in honor of Hera . [2] The village is mentioned in an Ottoman tax register of 1474 under the name Varbob. According to the store, it had 26 houses. [3] According to tradition, its original name was Paleochori, while until 1954 it was known as Varybobi. [2]

https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%94...B9%CE%B1%CF%82
It was renamed as Daphne.

Albanian names in the northwestern village of Euboea.
Another Gin in Druguvica/Drugunica:

Drugunica/Druguvica sounds as a Slavic placename, any opinion?

Last edited by tchaiku; 06-02-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #219
Carlin15

Drugunica/Druguvica does seem (obviously) Slavonic:
https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/M._Ar...ropolski/Dryga
https://books.google.ca/books?id=jvY...guvica&f=false

Are there "theories" that it is of Hellenic origin and derivation?
Old 06-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #220
tchaiku

The Slavic presence was insigificant in the island even though existent, the biggest demographic change came with the Albanians in the 15th century.

''Unlike much of Byzantine Greece, Euboea was spared the bulk of the barbarian raids during Late Antiquity and the early medieval period, due to its relatively isolated location. The Vandals raided its shores in 466 and in 475, but the island seems to have been left alone by the Avars and Slavs, and it was not until a failed Arab attack on Chalcis in the 870s that the island again came under threat.[6] As a result, the island preserved a relative prosperity throughout the early medieval period, as attested by finds of mosaics, churches and sculpture throughout the 7th century, "even from remote areas of the island". ''

''Mit spürbarer Genugtuung bemerkte Fallmerayer noch für sich, daß der ganze Süden Euböas albanesisch sei und es auch im Norden ein Bächlein mit dem slawischen Namen Bistrica gebe''

With noticeable satisfaction, Fallmerayer remarked for himself that the entire south of Euboea was Albanian and that there was also a brook with the Slavic name Bistrica in the north.

The number of Slavic placenames are quite a few. Anyways I believe most of the Albanian speakers of the north were assimilated by around (add or take 15 years to those dates) by 1700-1800. But that's my opinion not something I can prove myself.

Tags
1821, albanians, athens, greeks