Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 09-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #191
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

GOMORRA

Oh dear, THIS is mafia in all its misery. It makes the Sopranos and The Godfather look like gay pride marches. Such a gritty edge to it and the only thing we can be sure of is that death is always near. Apparently the author is in hiding due to the fact that some of the themes are a little too close to reality.

This is Italy without the pizza and other clichés. Misery is always near and the poverty almost guarantees criminality and drugs. A terrible part of Napoli to live in!

First couple of seasons are on Netflix at the moment. Well worth watching (with subtitles).

"Holding my breath for the revolution."

Last edited by Risto the Great; 09-09-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #192
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw Joker. Oh my goodness, not much of a comic kind of guy. But this is Taxi Driver of the 21st century. Unbelievable. Mind blown. Joaquin Phoenix deserves every accolade.

EDIT: There seems to be a huge backlash from the social justice warriors online. The Guardian offered a very favourable review in line with others at the preview and now another Guardian reviewer has now relegated it to 2 out of 5 stars. This is in line with the present trend online to suggest the film is nothing more than an "incel" white man raging. I hope the film is remembered for the incredible performance of Phoenix.

Last edited by Risto the Great; 10-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:30 PM   #193
VMRO

VMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud of

Been watching a show i didn't give a chance a few years back but tried it out a second time around and i'm hooked.

Show is called Kingdom, which revolves around a MMA gym and family of MMA fighters.

Great show, 3 seasons in total.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.
VMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:05 AM   #194
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Just saw Joker. Oh my goodness, not much of a comic kind of guy. But this is Taxi Driver of the 21st century. Unbelievable. Mind blown. Joaquin Phoenix deserves every accolade.

EDIT: There seems to be a huge backlash from the social justice warriors online. The Guardian offered a very favourable review in line with others at the preview and now another Guardian reviewer has now relegated it to 2 out of 5 stars. This is in line with the present trend online to suggest the film is nothing more than an "incel" white man raging. I hope the film is remembered for the incredible performance of Phoenix.
The Taxi Driver influence is very apparent.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #195
Risto the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
The Taxi Driver influence is very apparent.
Agreed. But it went far beyond that and is infinitely more relevant in this social climate.

I love this guy's reviews. This one is spot on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQXE1QMfVg

Old 10-09-2019, 05:03 AM   #196
Sekirani

Sekirani is on a distinguished road
Default The Last Macedonian

Does anyone know where you can get The Last Macedonian movie on dvd, i havent been able to find it on Ebay ?
Sekirani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #197
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirani View Post
Does anyone know where you can get The Last Macedonian movie on dvd, i havent been able to find it on Ebay ?
Never heard of it. What is it?
Old 10-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #198
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post

Watched it last night...brilliant!

Joaquin Phoenix was amazing, he wrung out every human emotion out of his character
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #199
Risto the Great

He truly did. It will never be forgotten. Instant classic.

Old 10-13-2019, 09:01 AM   #200
Sekirani

Sekirani is on a distinguished road

I can only find these two preview clips of the movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IM6eF2Jp1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwTVb2rtjU
Sekirani is offline   Reply With Quote