X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by NikodimMKD View Post
    If the Albanians and greeks are really Slavs ethnically, why do they not speak in a tongue which is part of the Slavic linguistic group?
    Nikodim, are you an "ethnic Slav"?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

The Balkans, by Dennis Hupchick.
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

page 172

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• I of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

“But a history that does not change, that reduces all the complexities of social, political, and cultural change, to a single, eternal moment, isn’t history at all.”

No, its not history and its not a freak of nature, its a mad scientific social and cultural experiment on a mass scale. Erasing and/or altering the last 1000 years or so, then molding that with ones, one way interpretations of ancient history and bringing it forward with all its complexities into the modern day. Isn’t history.

However acknowledging the complexities of human history and accepting social, political and cultural changes that have transpired (or least known to have transpired) throughout mankinds history, that is at least to me history and one that can't or at least shouldn't be ignored.

Good post TM
          No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• chicagoan
            Banned
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            We have Turkish nationals who arrived in Macedonia 80 odd years ago who are now ethnically Greek .... who call themselves Macedonian. It would appear anything is possible.

I have no idea of what you mean by "ethnic Slavs", it is a very stupid description that only has relevance in Greece. And we know they are ethnically challenged at the best of times. Please clarify what you mean with your borrowed term "ethnic Slavs".
            turkish nationals ? would I be considered a turkish national since a part of my family is from Constantinople ? Asia Minor was and is a huge part of the hellenic ethnos. Turks are just a small part of that history in that area if you look at the big picture. I find it kind of funny how ppl take this out of context.

Most aegean turks have a hellenic backgroud since a lot of muslim greeks were left behind. They come to identify themselves as " turks " now. So when you say we have turkish descent in us...you actually mean the other way around. We have to clear up a lot of misconceptions to go forward. Ppl have to lighten up too...nobody is pure in the balkans. Dont delude yourselves into thinking you ppl are purebred or something.

Hispanics are considered an ethnic group in the USA, so NO...this is not relevent just in Greece.

Comment

• chicagoan
              Banned
              • Nov 2009

I also would like to ask a couple questions purely hypothetical

Lets say for some reason tommorrow the native americans cross the miississpi river in midwest USA in the hundreds of thousands to settle in lands THEY ONCE WERE. I am sure to the other ppl inhabiting the area for hundreds of years that they would be considered to be as prosfigs. But would it not in reality just be the native americans coming back to that area that they called once home?

I will take this one step futher...is it entirely possible that maybe pockets of hellenic ppl were assimilated to the slavic language ? It has happened to the muslim greeks of anatolia..what makes you not think that maybe some or most of you ppl are in realilty slavic speaking ppl of hellenic descent ? Divided by events in history ?

We should not have to put each other in the corner to say what you are or are not. Once that stops happening..maybe this shit can be resolved.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

That 'ethnic Hellenes' were "ONCE THERE" in Macedonia is an inflated point that is manipulated by people of your sort. Allow me to take it a step further, you are a using an apellation that simply wasn't used by people in what is now modern Greece, especially not during the period of your so-called 'assimilated Hellenes' theory.
                Originally posted by chicagoan
                We should not have to put each other in the corner to say what you are or are not
                Macedonians don't object to Greece saying what they are or using the term Macedonia, the Greeks do object on the same points against the Macedonians.

Fascists? Racists? Probably a combination of both mixed in with some disturbed nazi-like nationalism. There is absolutely no valid reason for this dispute between our countries to be taking place, your side are the instigators, your side is at fault. Why don't you tell your people to stop putting Macedonians in a corner? Have you told them, and if so, what was their response?
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• chicagoan
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  That 'ethnic Hellenes' were "ONCE THERE" in Macedonia is an inflated point that is manipulated by people of your sort. Allow me to take it a step further, you are a using an apellation that simply wasn't used by people in what is now modern Greece, especially not during the period of your so-called 'assimilated Hellenes' theory.

Macedonians don't object to Greece saying what they are or using the term Macedonia, the Greeks do object on the same points against the Macedonians.

Fascists? Racists? Probably a combination of both mixed in with some disturbed nazi-like nationalism. There is absolutely no valid reason for this dispute between our countries to be taking place, your side are the instigators, your side is at fault. Why don't you tell your people to stop putting Macedonians in a corner? Have you told them, and if so, what was their response?

I personally dont find it inflated at all. I also dont get this " Modern Greece " term being tossed around implying a discontinuity of our heritage. I know its been your cornerstone policy of trying to negate us but quite frankly I find it being quite flawed and ridiculous at best.

I do agree with you on your second comment. Yes..it was a mistake for Greece to take a hardline approach in the early nineties during the breakup of yugoslavia. It was stupid and we are paying for it to this day. Nationalism really got the better of us back then and I have mentioned this in Greek forums. To answer your question their response wasnt to flattering of my opinions. Im more of a reconciliatory person than someone that will put you down. As my favorite US politician Ron Paul says...its caused a lot of " blowback " the hardline policy of Greece back then.

Unfortunatly now...Gruevski has taken a policy of Pasok/ND back then. Very nationalistic and its not going to work for him. You doing marches and going against the grain may make you feel good, but internationaly it will go against you. I just hope we can somehow finish this really soon.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by chicagoan View Post
                    I also would like to ask a couple questions purely hypothetical

Lets say for some reason tommorrow the native americans cross the miississpi river in midwest USA in the hundreds of thousands to settle in lands THEY ONCE WERE. I am sure to the other ppl inhabiting the area for hundreds of years that they would be considered to be as prosfigs. But would it not in reality just be the native americans coming back to that area that they called once home?

I will take this one step futher...is it entirely possible that maybe pockets of hellenic ppl were assimilated to the slavic language ? It has happened to the muslim greeks of anatolia..what makes you not think that maybe some or most of you ppl are in realilty slavic speaking ppl of hellenic descent ? Divided by events in history ?

We should not have to put each other in the corner to say what you are or are not. Once that stops happening..maybe this shit can be resolved.
                    So you really believe that all of the Christians of Turkey were/are straight descendants of the Ancient Hellenes?
                    If I understand you correctly, you do not see the Christians of Turkey as native to the land, is this correct?
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• chicagoan
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2009

I do believe that continuity between us and our ancestors remain. To say the ancient hellenes were completely wiped out as if a UFO came down and picked them all up is wishfull thinking for some ppl to justify their agenda's.

When you say christians of turkey can you provide some examples ?

btw: does your nick mean " teacher " ? Daskalos in greek means teacher...thats why im asking..

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I do believe that continuity between us and our ancestors remain. To say the ancient hellenes were completely wiped out as if a UFO came down and picked them all up is wishfull thinking for some ppl to justify their agenda's.
                        To say that the ancient hellenes were not wiped out but only people who speak Greek in the 21st century are allowed to claim ancestry from them is even more wishful.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Well teach us the turkish language while you are at it. Just ask your baba if you need help. Oh here i will start it for you.

Here is your continuity

TURKISH ENGLISH GREEK
                          det Custom Adeti
                          Afaroz Excommunicate Aforismos
                          Aga Land owner Agas
                          Ahmak Idiot Ahmakis
                          Ahtapot Octopus Htapodi
                          Alan Area, ground Alana
                          Alarga Open sea, distant Alarga
                          Aman For mercy's sake Aman
                          Anadolu Anatolia (East in Greek) Anatoli
                          Ananas Pineapple Ananas
                          Anason Aniseed Anithos
                          Anfora Anchor Amphoreus
                          Angarya Forced labor Angaria
                          Aptal Stupid Abdalis
                          Apukurya Carnival Apokria
                          Arap Negro, bogyman Arapis
                          Arnavut Albanian Arnautis
                          Asik Someone in love Asikis
                          Atlet Athlete Athlitis
                          Avanak Gullible, stupid Avanakis
                          Ayran A drink Ariani

Shit we are only in the "A" section.
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• chicagoan
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2009

listen...i never said other ppl cannot make up todays's greek ethnos. Arvanites for example..the term you so much like to mention all the time. Consider themselves greek. They speak it, feel for it, bled for it, and completely subscribe to everything greek. You tell them they are albanian and most likely you will end up on the floor.

Now I can recall countless debates between greeks and albanians about the status of arvanites. Some say arvanites are greeks speaking dialect of albanian ( possible ). Albanians say they are albanians that have been completely assimilated ( also possible ). Truth is this is the balkans and it is extremely difficult if not impossible to clarify such trivial issues.

That being said..does not mean we completely lost our hellenic ancestry. It just means that other ppl can assimiate into greeks without question. Even you Risto

Comment

• chicagoan
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              Well teach us the turkish language while you are at it. Just ask your baba if you need help. Oh here i will start it for you.

Here is your continuity

TURKISH ENGLISH GREEK
                              det Custom Adeti
                              Afaroz Excommunicate Aforismos
                              Aga Land owner Agas
                              Ahmak Idiot Ahmakis
                              Ahtapot Octopus Htapodi
                              Alan Area, ground Alana
                              Alarga Open sea, distant Alarga
                              Aman For mercy's sake Aman
                              Anadolu Anatolia (East in Greek) Anatoli
                              Ananas Pineapple Ananas
                              Anason Aniseed Anithos
                              Anfora Anchor Amphoreus
                              Angarya Forced labor Angaria
                              Aptal Stupid Abdalis
                              Apukurya Carnival Apokria
                              Arap Negro, bogyman Arapis
                              Arnavut Albanian Arnautis
                              Asik Someone in love Asikis
                              Atlet Athlete Athlitis
                              Avanak Gullible, stupid Avanakis
                              Ayran A drink Ariani

Shit we are only in the "A" section.
                              cmon Bill, we ended on a good note.

anyway, im sure you joking...right ?

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

cmon Bill, we ended on a good note.

anyway, im sure you joking...right ?
                                Common chicagoan what are friends for, to laugh and stir each other.

oops my finger sliped on the keyboard

Baba - Father - Babas
                                Baca - Chimney - Batzias
                                Bacak - Leg, leg of trousers in G.- Batzaki
                                Bacanak - Brother in law - Batjanakis
                                Baglama - A string instrument - Baglamas
                                Bahce - Garden - Bahtses
                                Bahsis - Tip - Baxisi
                                Bakir - Copper - Bakiri
                                Bakkal - Grocer - Bakkalis
                                Baklava - Baklava - Baklavas
                                Balta - Ax - Baltas
                                Bamya - Okra - Bamia
                                Barbunya - A fish - Barbunia
                                Barut - Gunpowder - Baruti
                                Battaniye - Woolen Blanket - Batania
                                Batakci - Swindler - Bataxis
                                Bayrak - Flag - Bairaki
                                Bekar - Batchelor - Bekiaris
                                Bekri - Drunk - Bekris
                                Bela - Trouble - Belas
                                Benzin - Petrol, gas - Benzina
                                Bereket - Abundance, plenty - Bereket
                                Beton - Concrete - Beton
                                Bey - Mr. - Beis
                                Bezelye - Pea - Bizeli
                                Biber - Pepper - Piperi
                                Biftek - Steak - Bifteki
                                Bodrum - Cellar, dungeon - Boudroumi
                                Bomba - Bomb - Bomba
                                Bostan - Vegetable field, garden - Bostani
                                Bora - Storm - Bora
                                Boya - Paint - Bogia
                                Borek - Pastry, pie - Boureki
                                Bre - Hi, you - Vre
                                Budala - Idiot - Boudalas
                                Bulgur - Boiled wheat - Bligouri
                                But - Thigh - Bouti
                                Buz - Ice, very cold - Bouzi
                                Buzuki - Bouzouki - Bouzouki

come on, Embrace your Heratage friend. lol
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X