Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #21
Spartan

Spartan is on a distinguished road

capiche
thank-you sir
I find these stories and Grkomani facinating.
Never really heard of this phenomenon til recently.

If any of you guys have more stories like this, please post them
Im very interested to hear more on this topic

Last edited by Spartan; 12-24-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Spartan, we from Egej have stories like this for every day of the year.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #23
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

here is another story from macedonias "twilight zone" australia in the late 70s the then australian born grkoman generation goes to school, tsane tanas odaat na grchka skolia. upon been confronted with a strange foreign langauge in the class room refuse to continue with the lessons..

on the grounds that at greek school they were not been taught greek , ie the language they the grtsi spoke at home.

these are the chidren of grkomann in australia spartan, theire greek is not even a veneer anymore, not even the grandchildren of the fanatical grkoman who insisted on speaking greek to their family have any deep idealist afinity for greece. my cousin has married a child of a rabid grkoman, even more lost in hellenism than hre father. she had to learn greek after she married, in her family geek was not their families langauge, she knew next to nothing and still doesnt know much. in that whole grkoman community that i am so closely related to only 3 familys spoke broken greek at home,

funny really, how totally bizzarre it must have been growing up a child in all the grkoman families., i mean here we were their brothers and sisters living in a common culture still as kin, but we were macedonain they were greek.many of that community now openly declare to be macedonians.

its getting harder and harder for those proud people to refute their living culture and language and i am glad their pride in their culture is finally being appreaciated and winning their hearts. they dont tell their grandchildren, they are greek, as they had to their children.

Last edited by osiris; 12-25-2008 at 05:12 AM.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #24
VMRO

VMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafot View Post
Also we all must understand,that for exe.there was not a single Macedonian institution until 1991 which would suport Macedonians outside Macedonia and even in Macedonia,other nationalistic ideas were ''zapreni vo kalta''(Goli otok,5 strumički studenti,Čento.....)?!
Opinions?

That is true, The Macedonian government prior to independence stayed clear of the Macedonian minorities in greece and bulgaria on a smaller scale so they do not hurt the Yugoslavian - greece relations.

There was many Aegean Macedonians who did not know that the same people live across the border, they were taught in schools that across the border the Serbs lived there.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.
VMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #25
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRO View Post
There was many Aegean Macedonians who did not know that the same people live across the border, they were taught in schools that across the border the Serbs lived there.
To be honest, I was horrified at how many Macedonians in the Republic did not know of their brothers in Egej. Many still (surprisingly) do not.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #26
Spartan

Would you guys accept the hardcore "grkomani" who switch back?
Or do you consider them traitors?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:08 AM   #27
osiris

osiris is on a distinguished road

spartan would you refuse a brothers return.

in the words of my father who visited his sick cousin the ardent even fanatical grkoman in his last years daily, after i challenged him as to why he cared so much about someone who had been his nemisis in so many ways.

ne pulam grkoman go pulam brachet mi angele

i dont see a grkoman i see my cousin angele.

i was at the funeral of one of our communities best and most devoted leaders and i was surprised that even he, would have a grkoman brother who spoke the awkward greek of the dopia wannabee greeks.
osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #28
Spartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris View Post
spartan would you refuse a brothers return.
To tell you the truth Osiris, if the events were the same as what you guys are explaining above, I would probably not accept this "brother" if he had a change of heart.
Thats just my personal opinion though, andd Im not saying anyone else is wrong if they do in fact choose to accept the return under the circumstances.

Quote:
in the words of my father who visited his sick cousin the ardent even fanatical grkoman in his last years daily, after i challenged him as to why he cared so much about someone who had been his nemisis in so many ways.

ne pulam grkoman go pulam brachet mi angele

i dont see a grkoman i see my cousin angele.
Your father is a big man, and a true christian. I am very impressed by this story, as I doubt that I could be as forgiving.
Bravo
Quote:
i was at the funeral of one of our communities best and most devoted leaders and i was surprised that even he, would have a grkoman brother who spoke the awkward greek of the dopia wannabee greeks.
Again, what I guess is a pretty common experience among your people(after reading this thread), is unbelievable to me
Old 12-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #29
Jankovska

Jankovska is on a distinguished road

As Delcev said anyone who works for Macedonia to join Greece, Bulgaria or Serbia can be a good Greek, Bulgarian or Serbian but never a good Macedonian. I take this literally and even though I share the same blood with these people I do and always will view them as the worst enemy, traitors after all are.
Jankovska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #30
Risto the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Would you guys accept the hardcore "grkomani" who switch back?
Or do you consider them traitors?
Depends on what you mean by "hardcore Grkomani".
If they were the sort who filmed demonstrations and/or reported information back to consuls etc, then it would be very difficult. (Shpioni = spies) ... And yes, they still do this Spartan.

If they were merely confused and had somehow seen the light, no problem.