зорт is on a distinguished road

воа је голема работа!
зорт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #32
Bratot

Bratot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskalot View Post
"Македонска нација" have noticed our findings but sadly we are not credited for the work.

See here:
Македонски Лексикон од 16 век
http://mn.mk/aktuelno/1593-Makedonsk...ikon-od-16-vek

I have contacted them and I took the freedom to send this text after I translated it in Macedonian to be understanable for more Macedonians, I wrote an email 5 min. ago to the editor to attach our MTO website on every article they get from me.

Last edited by Bratot; 03-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Bratot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #33
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bratot, I was very sure this article would capture a great deal of attention hence my desire to ensure everyone learns more about what the MTO can offer. Translating it into Macedonian was an awesome initiative.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #34
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by зорт View Post
воа је голема работа!
Spolaj Ti Zort i dobrodoijde.
Spread the message!

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #35
Pelister

Pelister is on a distinguished road

I found this. It might be of interest here.

Written by a Greek professor of linguistics in 1966.

Chapter IV: Some conclusions on the relationship of the Skopje dialect with the Serb and Bulgarian languages

Quote:
This so called 'Macedonian dialect' is, according to A.Vaillant, a dialect whose genealogy makes it part of the Bulgaro-Macedonian group... p.16
Quote:
A.Vaillant and H.Lunt in support of the view that this idiom should rather be classed with the Bulgarian language, p.17
Quote:
The Slavo-Greek glossary to which reference has been made above is of major interest for the history of this dialect. Written by a Greek of Macedonia, in Greek characters, it contained 301 Slav words and phrases that were current in the region of Kastoria. It was first published from a Vatican Code by C. Giannelli and A. Vaillant under the title 'Un Lexique Macedonien du XVIe Siecle' in the series of the 'Institut d' Etudes Slaves de l'Universite de Paris' (1958). This glossary has made it possible to estimate the dates of the different grammatical features of the Slavic dialects, on which the so called 'Macedonian language' is based. p.46
Source:
Andriotis, Nicholas, P., The Federative Republic of Skopje and its Language, 2nd Edition (Athens, 1966) NB: Andriotis was professor of linguistics at Solun University at that time.
Pelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #36
Bratot

Maybe of some interest too

Translation from Slovakian:

Konstantin before he went to Moravia has translated the Gospel in old-macedonian dialect and in his mission in the great-moravian land with the help of Metodious also all of the other liturgical texts.

Last edited by Bratot; 03-25-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Bratot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #37
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent work fellas, Bratot, a special thanks to yourself, there was no doubt that this source would attract alot of attention, how could it not, it clearly demonstrates that our language has very old roots and has remained virtually unchanged for centuries on end.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #38
Bratot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskalot View Post
"Македонска нација" have noticed our findings but sadly we are not credited for the work.

See here:
Македонски Лексикон од 16 век
http://mn.mk/aktuelno/1593-Makedonsk...ikon-od-16-vek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratot View Post
I have contacted them and I took the freedom to send this text after I translated it in Macedonian to be understanable for more Macedonians, I wrote an email 5 min. ago to the editor to attach our MTO website on every article they get from me.
They've corrected the source leaving a link to MTO:

http://www.mn.mk/aktuelno/1593-Maked...ikon-od-16-vek
Old 03-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #39
Pelister

Pelister is on a distinguished road

Because the text uses the term 'Bulgarian' our enemies can use it against us. I'm not sure the average Macedonian will understand the subtle differences in the use of this term and the misunderstanding that follows.

This Greek professor used this 16th century text as "evidence" (back in the 1960's) of the Bulgarian language of the "Slavs" of this region.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...8&postcount=35
Pelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #40
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Pelister, I disagree completely. Our enemies can use this against us if our people are not smart enough on how to combat against such a weak argument. Apart from the 'Bulgarian' label for which there are reasons that can be easily explained, there is nothing 'Bulgarian' about the text.

Surely you would know that this implication would have been considered prior to its presentation here, so I am a little puzzled as to why you would even accept that it "can" be used against us. I have no problem in explaining this to anybody, neither should you. In the case that you do, perhaps you should go through some of the other threads we have in relation to the insignificance of the 'Bulgarian' label on such occasions.

Tags
16th century, bogatsko, kastoria, kostur, kostursko, lexique macÚdonien, macedonia, macedonian language, macedonian lexicon, makedonski, makedonsko, vogatsiko