Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 08-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #161
tchaiku

tchaiku is on a distinguished road

Gedmatch results are more accurate. This Cypriot gets 54% ''Greek'' however look at his gedmatch results.

Gedmatch.com Eurogenes K13 Results:
# Population (source) Distance
1 Cyprian 5.9
2 Lebanese_Muslim 9.67
3 Sephardic_Jewish 10.2
4 Algerian_Jewish 10.35
5 South_Italian 10.71
6 Tunisian_Jewish 10.73
7 Italian_Jewish 11.3
8 Syrian 11.5
9 Ashkenazi 11.55
10 Libyan_Jewish 11.66
11 East_Sicilian 11.69
12 Central_Greek 12.18
13 Samaritan 13.19
14 Lebanese_Christian 13.75
15 Turkish 14.12
16 Lebanese_Druze 14.52
17 Jordanian 15.08
18 Assyrian 15.64
19 Palestinian 15.78
20 Italian_Abruzzo 16.04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpCOIDYmUCw

Last edited by tchaiku; 08-26-2018 at 09:23 AM.
tchaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #162
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

I liked these videos of myheritage dna very much and it's very cheap so I ordered two (I'll keep the second one for my mother). The variety of results I saw for people from several countries (Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Albania etc.) is very interesting. Thank you.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #163
Amphipolis

So YouTube is full of YouTubers presenting their DNA tests, I've seen many of them with crazy reactions, here's the most interesting, a young woman finding out she's not her father's daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fS8nPo21Dg
Old 08-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #164
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
So YouTube is full of YouTubers presenting their DNA tests, I've seen many of them with crazy reactions, here's the most interesting, a young woman finding out she's not her father's daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fS8nPo21Dg
LMAO Ballistic states, at min. 4:02

Also,
8 Football Legends Uncover Their Origins with MyHeritage DNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKN7jHk1jn0
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:52 PM   #165
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

@Amphipolis - as I have already shared previously, I am J2a-M92 clade.

I found the following relevant research paper:
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...0.2017.1409801

Quotes:

"J2a-M92 is widely distributed in the Middle East, the Balkans, and along the Mediterranean coast. In Italy, it shows a high frequency in the South, especially in the Southern part of Apulia. The variance map shows peaks in Turkey and Sicily, followed by the Southern Balkans. The highest ages based on microsatellite variation are observed in Sicily (11.8 ± 3.4 kya) and Turkey (11.7 ± 4.9 kya). Since the frequency and variance maps suggest a possible origin of J2a-M92 in and around Turkey, the observation of an age in Sicily that is close to that observed in Turkey may indicate an ancient migration from Turkey to Sicily. Comparable high coalescent times based on microsatellite variation are observed in Greece (7.2 ± 2.0 kya), Apulia (7.3 ± 3.1 kya) and Tuscany (8.7 ± 2.7 kya). These data most likely testify seaborne contacts of these Italian regions with Eastern Mediterranean Neolithic civilisations, although the stratification of different migratory events could also have contributed to the internal heterogeneity, especially in Tuscany."

"It is worth underlining the presence of sub-haplogroup J2a-M92 at 7.3% in Grecěa Salentina. This value, comparable with that observed in the sample from Lecce is suggestive of a direct, or Balkan-mediated, seaborne contribution from Asia Minor."

Last edited by Carlin15; 08-29-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:15 PM   #166
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
Also,
8 Football Legends Uncover Their Origins with MyHeritage DNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKN7jHk1jn0
I found this quite uplifting. Maybe I am getting older. I don't quite see Greeks as the enemies I used to see. I see Macedonians who don't assert their identity and I blame them more than anybody else for our current predicament. But ultimately, we are indeed humans and if perhaps in some instances, I think we could prioritise humanity above anything else.

Namaste.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #167
Carlin15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
I found this quite uplifting. Maybe I am getting older. I don't quite see Greeks as the enemies I used to see. I see Macedonians who don't assert their identity and I blame them more than anybody else for our current predicament. But ultimately, we are indeed humans and if perhaps in some instances, I think we could prioritise humanity above anything else.

Namaste.
Alleluia!

Old 08-30-2018, 12:09 AM   #168
Amphipolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin15 View Post
@Amphipolis - as I have already shared previously, I am J2a-M92 clade.
I don’t get this. How can you be J2M3L4 something when DNA results break down your ancestry (as far as I can see) to 7 generations ago, i.e. 128 different ancestors. Actually most tests can go even further it seems, but they don’t, probably because the customers are not interested in tiny-tiny percentages like “you’re 0,001% Nigerian”.

Thus most results I saw stop at 1/128th which is presented as <1% and some go to 1/256.

Also, I learnt something new. Every child inherits 50% of DNA from father and 50% from mother. Now, the rest 50% of each (father and mother) is lost, not inherited. That doesn’t mean that your father can be 50% Irish-50% Nigerian and you can inherit solely the Irish part. Yet, it means there will be small differences between siblings (hopefully less than 3-5%).

This is presented here on two Irish twin sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7YqYBUHRM
Old 08-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #169
Amphipolis

Quote:

Also, I learnt something new. Every child inherits 50% of DNA from father and 50% from mother. Now, the rest 50% of each (father and mother) is lost, not inherited. That doesn’t mean that your father can be 50% Irish-50% Nigerian and you can inherit solely the Irish part. Yet, it means there will be small differences between siblings (hopefully less than 3-5%).
I take that back. It can actually be much worse.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:52 PM   #170
Carlin15

Quote:
I don’t get this. How can you be J2M3L4 something when DNA results break down your ancestry (as far as I can see) to 7 generations ago, i.e. 128 different ancestors. Actually most tests can go even further it seems, but they don’t, probably because the customers are not interested in tiny-tiny percentages like “you’re 0,001% Nigerian”.

Thus most results I saw stop at 1/128th which is presented as <1% and some go to 1/256.

This is presented here on two Irish twin sisters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7YqYBUHRM
My bad - I didn't explain this at all.

J2a-M92 (or J2a1b1) is my Y-DNA or y-chromosome haplogroup, which is passed from father to son virtually unchanged (males can trace their patrilineal / male-line ancestry by testing their y-chromosome). I was able to get my Y-DNA by extracting the raw data results I received from ancestry, and then transferring it/running it through here for free https://www.morleydna.com/ - to find out my Y-DNA.

Links about Y-DNA, mtDNA and Autosomal DNA tests:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/artic...omal-DNA-Tests
https://dna-explained.com/2017/06/05...ur-dads-story/

As explained above If you’re like most genealogists, you want to know every single tidbit you can discover about your ancestors – and Y DNA not only tells males about people they match that are currently living and share ancestors with them at some point in time, but it also reaches back beyond the range of what genealogy in the traditional sense can tell us – past the time when surnames were adopted, peering into the misty veil of the past!

If you aren’t a male, you can’t directly test your Y DNA, because you don’t have a Y chromosome, but that’s OK, because your father or brother or another family member who does carry the same Y chromosome (and surname) as your father may well be willing to test.

Last edited by Carlin15; 08-30-2018 at 09:55 PM.