Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Daskalot

Daskalot is on a distinguished road
Default Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and his Macedonian ancestry

Quote:
The Father of All the Turks (who left no legitimate heirs) was born in 1881 in Salonika, then part of the Ottoman Empire, of a mild Albanian father and a forceful Macedonian mother. Mustafa was a rebel from the start. His pious Mohammedan mother urged him to become a holy man, but he became a soldier; at 22, a captain, he rebelled against the Sultan and was nearly executed; at 27, he joined the Young Turks rebellion, then rebelled against the Young Turks. The army, fearful of him, shunted him from post to post, but could neither shake him nor subdue him. At Gallipoli, in 1915, he defeated the British; in the Caucasus, he checked the Russians; in Berlin, 1918, he drunkenly needled the high panjandrum of his allies, Field Marshal von Hindenburg; in Arabia, 1918, he held off T. E. Lawrence's Bedouin hordes. At 38, he came out of the crash of the Ottoman Empire the only Turkish commander untouched by defeat.
Source: Time Magazine, Monday, Oct. 12, 1953.

The TRUTH will be known!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Pelister

Pelister is on a distinguished road

Isn't that interesting.

In my studies I've come across alot of Turks who were instrumental in the young Turk movement, and most of them were born in Macedonia.

It would be interesting to break it down to see just who came from where, and what their ethnic make up was.
Pelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
VMRO

VMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud ofVMRO has much to be proud of

I have read that his mother was of Macedonian ethnicity, however there is also other accounts that say he was of Jewish stock, i will post later where i got this information, there is a lot of conflicting information in regards to Attaturk's ethnicity.
VMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting topic and information. I would like to see more on the origins of Ataturk and other Turks from Macedonia.

Pelister, would the population of Turks in Macedonia during this period be largely made up of Janissaries and Muslim Macedonians as opposed to Albanians and actual Turks? What are you thoughts?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 AM   #5
palatica

palatica is on a distinguished road

It, will be also good if someone can find out the name of his father an mother, maybe the names of his grandparents (motherside).
Some discussions with turks here in Germany were going always the same way: Mustafa kemal is TURKISH!
palatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
TerraNova
Banned

TerraNova is on a distinguished road

I really cannot understand this obsession with race and blood.
If Mustafa Kemal Ataturk is not considered a Turk then who is!??!?
He couldn't be more Turk,even if his mother was aborigine of Australia.
TerraNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Funny logic, Aboriginal Australians = Turkish, Christian Africans and Asians = Greek descendants of Hellenic Pericles' left ear.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #8
TerraNova
Banned

TerraNova is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
Interesting topic and information. I would like to see more on the origins of Ataturk and other Turks from Macedonia.

Pelister, would the population of Turks in Macedonia during this period be largely made up of Janissaries and Muslim Macedonians as opposed to Albanians and actual Turks? What are you thoughts?
Here is one of the few maps who have distinction in terms of ethnicity AND religion.
(You can place Macedonian instead of Bulgarian where you like)

So i suppose the islamized Macedonians (Bulgarians in the map) were in Karajova and Eastern Macedonia regions (Pomaks).

TerraNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
Daskalot

Daskalot is on a distinguished road

nice map TerraNova, very colorful. Do you agree that about 25% if not less was inhabited by "Greeks" in what is now the three Prefectures of East-, Central- and West Macedonia in the Hellenic Republic.

Wasn't Macedonia Greek as according to your state sponsored propaganda? It looks mostly to be inhabited by Muslims(Turks) and Exarchists(Bulgars).

So are they the real descendants of Megas Alexandros? Or are the imported Christian Turks the real ones?

Thank you for showing the world that MACEDONIA WAS NEVER GREEK, IDENTITY THEFT IS A CRIME!

By the way did you notice all the Albanians living on the Ionic coast and all the Vlachs living in the Pindus and not to forget the Turks in Thessaly, are all of these peoples exterminated today?

And not to forget the Turks and Pomaks of Thrace, are they recognized minorities in Greece? This map clearly shows where they lived in 1877 and still live today. So is Turk and Pomak recognized ETHNIC DESCRIPTORS IN Ellada file mou?

This map is so great it perfectly shows the Greek MYTH of Macedonia.

I will be awaiting your answer.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #10
Giorikas

Giorikas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskalot View Post
nice map TerraNova, very colorful. Do you agree that about 25% if not less was inhabited by "Greeks" in what is now the three Prefectures of East-, Central- and West Macedonia in the Hellenic Republic.

Wasn't Macedonia Greek as according to your state sponsored propaganda? It looks mostly to be inhabited by Muslims(Turks) and Exarchists(Bulgars).

So are they the real descendants of Megas Alexandros? Or are the imported Christian Turks the real ones?

Thank you for showing the world that MACEDONIA WAS NEVER GREEK, IDENTITY THEFT IS A CRIME!

By the way did you notice all the Albanians living on the Ionic coast and all the Vlachs living in the Pindus and not to forget the Turks in Thessaly, are all of these peoples exterminated today?

And not to forget the Turks and Pomaks of Thrace, are they recognized minorities in Greece? This map clearly shows where they lived in 1877 and still live today. So is Turk and Pomak recognized ETHNIC DESCRIPTORS IN Ellada file mou?

This map is so great it perfectly shows the Greek MYTH of Macedonia.

I will be awaiting your answer.
Kindly point out where the Macedonians are ... You all seem to talk about anything and anybody but Macedonians. Whoever thinks Ataturk was Macedonian is ever more insane then I could image. Right of self identification ...? Wasn't that the magical word here ?
Giorikas is offline   Reply With Quote