Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian History

Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #21
TrueMacedonian

TrueMacedonian will become famous soon enough

Some more from Clement Moore's book on the "Dibrians", page 24;

Quote:
Scanderbeg arrived with wonderful celerity in the upper country of Dibra, or Dibria, in the borders of Epirus, about 70 miles from Croia, accompanied by 300 Epirot soldiers gathered to him out of the battle. The Dibrians were noted for their activity and valor, and much esteemed by Scanderbeg on account of their fidelity, and for the many services which they had rendered in the protection and defence of the state under John, his father, when molested by the Turks. Scanderbeg had ordered his march so as to arrive at the town of Dibra in the night. He secretly sent for some of the principal people to come to him. Having made known his purpose, he was greeted with the most unbounded demonstrations of joy and affection; and every aid and service which could be rendered, was proffered with the utmost alacrity.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #22
TrueMacedonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
The book was written in the mid 19th century so it is possible that this westerner is referring to Kastriot as a 'Grecian' in the sense of a ruler of East Christian lands. I am yet to notice any reference to Kastriot as a 'Hellene' (the new ethnonym for the new state in Morea), and I doubt I will in this or any serious book.

Thanks for the link TM.
No problem SoM. We're definitely looking at what a Westerner has interpretted as far as "race" and "ethnicity" goes on the balkans. I think Risto Stefov made a comment in a recent interview where he states that westerners just like labelling things to make them seem more black and white and less difficult. Too bad nothing has an easy explanation in the Balkans in any period of time.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #23
TrueMacedonian

Ardenica or Ardenitsa does not sound very Albanian to me.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #24
Gj. Puleski

Gj. Puleski is on a distinguished road

Here a modern aspect of G. Kastriot's influence on the history of the Balkan peoples

До

Министерството за култура

Сектор за управен и инспекциски надзор

Скопје

ПРЕДМЕТ : ПРИЈАВА против непознат сторител

Почитувани,

Во центарот на Скопје, од левата страна на Вардар, се наоѓа споменик на Ѓорѓија Кастриот - Скендер Бег. Меѓутоа, името на личноста што е претставена со споменикот е напишано само на албански јазик и со албанска латиница, што е спротивно на Законот за употребата на македонскиот јазик. Ве молам да се погрижите тој текст да биде напишан и на македонски јазик и со кирилско писмо.

Однапред благодарен,

Ѓорѓија Пулески

Во Скопје, 07.06.2009 г.

Last edited by Gj. Puleski; 11-01-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Gj. Puleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a response to this GP?

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #26
Gj. Puleski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Have you had a response to this GP?
Yes, I had.

They answered that the monument of G. Castriot is posted by Chair Municipality (Општина Чаир) and that the Ministry of culture issued an order (dated july the 01, 2009) to the Municipality to add an appropriate text in Macedonian language. I have checked 1 month ago and there was still no text in Macedonian. Next days I will chack again. The Општина Чаир is prevalently populated with Albanians and its mayor is a very nationalistic man. He posted the monument without respecting any law-procedure (for instance, without asking the City for building permission). The monument was made in Albania and transported to Skopje in a very pompeus and provocative way. The discovering of the monument was in the same manner. I have doubts that he will just like that obey the order of the Ministry of cilture

Last edited by Gj. Puleski; 11-03-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #27
Gj. Puleski

До Министерството за култура

Сектор за управен и инспекциски надзор

Скопје

ПРЕДМЕТ : ПРЕТСТАВКА

ВРСКА : Ваше известување бр.53-5172/7 од 28.07.2009

Почитувани,

Со мојата пријава која кај вас е заведена под бр.53-5172/1 од 21.04.2009 г. ви пријавив дека во центарот на Скопје, од левата страна на Вардар, се наоѓа споменик на Ѓорѓија Кастриот - Скендер Бег, на кој името на личноста што е претставена со споменикот е напишано само на албански јазик и со албанска латиница, што е спротивно на Законот за употребата на македонскиот јазик.

Со вашиот допис бр.53-5172/7 од 28.07.2009 г. ме известувате дека, реагирајќи по мојата пријава од 21.04.2009 и ургенцијата од 08.06.2009, на 01.07.2009 г. сте извршиле инспекциски надзор, после што е издадено Решение за наредба до Општина Чаир со кое од Општината се бара во определен рок текстот поставен на предметното спомен-обележје да биде лекториран и објавен и на македонски јазик и на неговото кирилско писмо.

Сега ве известувам дека кај споменикот и натаму НЕМА НИКАКВА ПРОМЕНА, т.е. името на Ѓорѓија Кастриот - Скендер Бег е напишано само на албански јазик и со албанска латиница, па од таа причина ве молам за преземање на соодветни законски мерки против прекршителот и за едно известување до мене за преземеното. Напомнувам дека ова мое барање за повратна информација е базирано на член 18 став 2 од Законот за општата управна постапка и на член 9 од Законот за постапување по претставки и предлози.

Однапред благодарен за одговорот,

ХХХХХХ УУУУУ

Во Скопје, 05.11.2009 г

Last edited by Gj. Puleski; 11-06-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #28
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Well done GP. This kind of "grass roots" protesting is essential.
This should not be allowed to go away!
If you think we can help in any way, please let us know.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #29
Pelister

Pelister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gj. Puleski View Post
Yes, I had.

They answered that the monument of G. Castriot is posted by Chair Municipality (Општина Чаир) and that the Ministry of culture issued an order (dated july the 01, 2009) to the Municipality to add an appropriate text in Macedonian language. I have checked 1 month ago and there was still no text in Macedonian. Next days I will chack again. The Општина Чаир is prevalently populated with Albanians and its mayor is a very nationalistic man. He posted the monument without respecting any law-procedure (for instance, without asking the City for building permission). The monument was made in Albania and transported to Skopje in a very pompeus and provocative way. The discovering of the monument was in the same manner. I have doubts that he will just like that obey the order of the Ministry of cilture
Keep agitating them. The law is the law, and in any case we have a claim to him from his mother's side.
Pelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:02 AM   #30
TRAVOLTA

TRAVOLTA is on a distinguished road

songs abaut georgija kastriot and his family.

Here are excerpts of the two songs in western Macedonian dialects:

A part of the song "The dream of queen Voislava"

Son sonila Voislava kralica
son sonila od son se isplasila
Mi rodila bela luta zmija
So kriljata Epir pokrivala
So glavata carigrad dopirala
Kako zmija glava mu vrtela
Take zivi Turci mi g'ltala

Se chudeje epirski vojvodi
sho je ova chudo nevideno
Malo kralce, s kruna na cheloto
Se radveshe Ivanova roda
Brakja , sestri i si bratuchedi
Sho se rodi dete zvezdajlija...

Mu kladoja ime Gospodovo
Georgija - ime hristijansko
Makedonsko - slavno biblijansko....

__________________________________________________ ________
A small part of the song about the " Beautiful Maria Andronika"

Ushche zora ne zorila
Stana Ivan na pot da mi odit
Mi razbudi sina Georgija
Si jafnaje svoi brzi konji
Otidoje vo grada Kanina..

Zdravo zivo tije si storile
I na divan skrisno besedeje
Da se krenat protiv Osmanlii
Da si vratit zemji porobeni
Ji sluzese mlada Andronika
S crno kafe i s luta rakija
Frli oko Gjorgji na devojka
Lichna moma kako samovila....
TRAVOLTA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castriot, castriota, castrioti, iskender beg, iskender beu, iskender bey, kastriot, kastriota, kastrioti, scanderbeg, skanderbeg, skanderbeu, skanderbey, skenderbeg, skenderbeu, skenderbey