Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM   #251
kureski

kureski is on a distinguished road

What's up kurinja? It's been a while (nearly a decade). I can't remember the credentials to my old account, so I created a new one. Anyway, since taking that DNA test with iGENEA, I've had one done with 23andme. Below are the result.

kureski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #252
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Remote Turkish village where people walk on all fours | 60 Minutes Australia

URL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlNQzjii1c

Published on Oct 2, 2018

They're living, breathing men and women, but they walk on all fours, just as we did four million years ago. And until this film was shot, they were hidden away, unseen by the outside world.

Last edited by Carlin15; 07-10-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #253
maco2envy

maco2envy is on a distinguished road

@Kureski- from your post it seems 23andme has better functionality than ancestryDNA, especially the region specific matches. Although, I think Balkans sample sizes may still be very small
maco2envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #254
Selanec

Selanec is on a distinguished road

I saw an article that talks about a 23andMe competitor that apparently does a "whole genome sequence" claiming ancestry companies like 23andMe analyze only 1% of the genome.

$600 USD is a bit expensive for me at the moment though, and I think the company doesn't have ancestry features, but with your entire genome you would in theory be able to use software or other companies to screen your DNA with others to compare how similar you are between each other.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/01/for-...-your-dna.html

Quote:
-Veritas is lowering the cost of a full genome sequence from $999 to $599 and believes within two years it will be pricing in the $100–$200 range.

-The personal genetics company co-founded by Harvard scientist George Church thinks the price cuts will lead millions of consumers to seek their full DNA profile.

-Cheaper heritage and health tests from AncestryDNA and 23andMe from $99 to $199 have been purchased by millions, but a top Veritas executive said that is “like comparing a tricycle with a sports car.”
Selanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:55 AM   #255
maco2envy

$600 USD is a ripoff especially since whole genome sequencing has become dirt cheap over time in comparison to what it was 50 years ago. Really it is that 1% (even less than that) of the genome that really distinguishes us, everything else is basically shared between humans or is thought to be useless (rapidly changing, etc)
Old 11-01-2019, 04:03 AM   #256
maco2envy

AncestryDNA updated:

Last edited by maco2envy; 11-01-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:16 PM   #257
Carlin15

Carlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud ofCarlin15 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco2envy View Post
AncestryDNA updated:

IMHO, their ethnicity estimates continue to be rather "incomplete" as far as the Balkans go. Probably way more samples/data are required, and compared to other regions something seems to be missing. Let's take a look at Italy, as one example. Italy itself is broken down as follows (whereas we have simply: Greece & the Balkans --> Greece, Turkey & Albania):

- Northern Italy
- Sicily
- Southern Italy:
+ Calabria
+ Campania
+ Campania & Basilicata
+ Campania & Molise
+ Lazio & Campania
+ Puglia
+ Salerno
+ Umbria, Abruzzo & Lazio

- Sardinia

URL:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/artic...tryDNA-Regions

(On the other hand, if complete, this would imply that genetically/'ethnically' the entirety of the Balkans is more or less the same.)

Last edited by Carlin15; 11-01-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Carlin15 is offline   Reply With Quote