Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 01-26-2019, 12:02 AM   #1
nushevski77

nushevski77 is on a distinguished road
Default what to say?

***I worded my original statement wrong.

I meant to say that with my number of discussions with people about macedonia I have never heard someone tell me that I'm actually a greek but am a wanna be bulgarian. Decided that the conversation was a waste of my time then to argue with the person over something I know isn't true so I left. His evidence was that in metaxes biography it supposedly says that the greeks had to re-hellenize the greeks in northern greece because they were all subjected to bulgarian propaganda and needed to make them greeks again.

***realizing now that my question doesn't make any sense since anything I could have said wouldn't of made a difference to the discussion.

Last edited by nushevski77; 01-26-2019 at 01:48 AM.
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:22 AM   #2
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post
how would you reply to this? Had a serb tell me today that i'm actually a greek but am a wanna be bulgarian; never in my life have I heard someone say this before, online or in person so I was so shocked and confused I just walked away. His evidence was that in metaxes biography it supposedly says that the greeks had to re-hellenize the greeks in northern greece because they were all subjected to bulgarian propaganda and needed to make them greeks again, like wtf i've never heard this angle before what would you say to this, I just walked away
Mate how young are you?
Old 01-26-2019, 12:29 AM   #3
nushevski77

20, I was at university and herd this guy speaking serbian and I thought it was macedonian at first so I introduced myself, was trying to network for business since im an accounting major
Old 01-26-2019, 01:19 AM   #4
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post
20, I was at university and herd this guy speaking serbian and I thought it was macedonian at first so I introduced myself, was trying to network for business since im an accounting major
No offence but you're coming off as a very naive 20 year old Macedonian.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:46 AM   #5
nushevski77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
No offence but you're coming off as a very naive 20 year old Macedonian.
none taken, I worded my statement wrong. I meant to say that with my number of discussions with people about macedonia I have never heard someone tell me that I'm actually a greek but am a wanna be bulgarian. Decided that the conversation was a waste of my time then to argue with the person over something I know isn't true so I left. His evidence was that in metaxes biography it supposedly says that the greeks had to re-hellenize the greeks in northern greece because they were all subjected to bulgarian propaganda and needed to make them greeks again.

realizing now that my question doesn't make any sense since anything I could have said wouldn't of made a difference to the discussion.

*going to edit my original comment and change the wording
Old 01-26-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

I can’t see your original post but actually none of the two statements is unheard.

I’ve been told the exact same thing by a Serb. They don’t consider you Serbs but Bulgarians (due to linguistic proximity). I remember a Serb had told me that Muslim Bosnians are more genuine Serbs than you.

You don’t need Metaxas memoirs to know. Greeks and Bulgarians (and Serbs) contested to attract the Slavs of Macedonia and persuade them they are actually Greeks, Bulgarians or Serbs.

Part of the Greek propaganda may seem funny now as it would be summarized in phrases like “You can’t be Bulgarians. You’re glorious Macedonians, descendants of Alexander the Great”. Even some of the most bizarre sides of modern “antiquization” propaganda can be found done by… Greek propagandists of late 1800s, early 1900s (we have relevant threads, e.g. tracing Homeric remnants in Slavic dialects).
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
I can’t see your original post but actually none of the two statements is unheard.

I’ve been told the exact same thing by a Serb. They don’t consider you Serbs but Bulgarians (due to linguistic proximity). I remember a Serb had told me that Muslim Bosnians are more genuine Serbs than you.

You don’t need Metaxas memoirs to know. Greeks and Bulgarians (and Serbs) contested to attract the Slavs of Macedonia and persuade them they are actually Greeks, Bulgarians or Serbs.

Part of the Greek propaganda may seem funny now as it would be summarized in phrases like “You can’t be Bulgarians. You’re glorious Macedonians, descendants of Alexander the Great”. Even some of the most bizarre sides of modern “antiquization” propaganda can be found done by… Greek propagandists of late 1800s, early 1900s (we have relevant threads, e.g. tracing Homeric remnants in Slavic dialects).
Buddy, you've been warned enough. We are not and were not "Slavs of Macedonia." This Turkish Greek-wannabe should be removed from this site.

And second, your statement is not factual. Some Serbs look to us as Macedonians, others as Bulgarians, and other as Serbs.
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #8
Amphipolis

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsinad View Post
Buddy, you've been warned enough. We are not and were not "Slavs of Macedonia." This Turkish Greek-wannabe should be removed from this site.
Then try not to write a book about the American Slav Congress. Also, ask yourself if anyone (including your own people) takes your above statement seriously.
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
Gocka

Gocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud ofGocka has much to be proud of

Quote:
Then try not to write a book about the American Slav Congress. Also, ask yourself if anyone (including your own people) takes your above statement seriously.
You will get what you deserve one day you piece of shit.
Gocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #10
vicsinad

vicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud ofvicsinad has much to be proud of

Quote:
What are you trying to say? That ethnic Macedonians called themselves ethnic Slavs? Are you trying to say we're not ethnic Macedonians or that we were not ethnic Macedonians back then?

Idiot. Where in the book do I say that Macedonians simply viewed themselves as "Slavs from Macedonia"? No where. Don't conflate the meaning of the word Slav(ic) in relation to all the people who speak a Slavic language with they way you're using it -- as an ethnic identifier for people of Macedonia who don't speak Greek. You're either purposely being disingenuous or are a naive Greek-speaking Albo-Turk-Slav-Vlach. Either way, remove yourself from this forum.
vicsinad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propaganda