• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sv. Nikola
    • Sep 2008

Иселениците од денеска со право на глас нk

Скопје, 1 септември (МИА) -

Македонските државјани на привремена работа или престој во странство, согласно членот 99 од Изборниот законик, од денеска стекнуваат право за избор на претседател на Република Македонија и за избор на тројца пратеници во Парламентот.

Со тоа, како што се наведува во соопштението од Министерството за правда, се остварува демократското право на македонските иселеници да избираат претседател на државата и свои претставници во Собранието и непосредно да ги пренесуваат своите ставови и предлози, со цел да јакне исконската врска со матичната земја и нејзината грижа за нив, како и нивниот придонес за нејзиниот развој.

• Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

This is marvelous news. But I cannot help but wonder what the ethnic Albanians have managed to weasel out of this arrangement. If I recall correctly, they will also be represented in the Diaspora, which is absolutely ridiculous.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

I don't know Risto, there's another viewpoint to that...

Every citizen has the right to vote, so that means those Albanians who live in Switzerland, etc and have Macedonian citizenship, can vote. But let's play the scenario out...

The number of seats in Parliament increases by three (3). Two of those are definitely going to be Macedonians (Americas and Australia).

The other seat, representing 'Europe' coud be Macedonian or could be taken up by an Albanian. We have roughly the same amount of people in 'Europe' - but if the Albanians out vote th Macedonians, then they will have that seat.

HOWEVER, and this is the important point, since the Albanians in Europe will be able to vote from their respective countries, they will no longer need to fly to Macedonia during the elections, as they do in tens of thousands.

If they vote from Switzerland, their vote is limited to 1 seat, whereas at the moment they fly in to Macedonia for elections and tip about 4-5 extra seats in their favour.

Overall, the assssement is that in order to gain the 1 diaspora seat, they could lose 4-5 regular seats.

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

A regular seat in the Macedonian Parliament is worth about 10,000 votes, based on average voter turnout.

The only real concern is how Macedona will tackle the problem of someone voting in Switzerland, and their relative in Tetovo also placing a vote in their name.
        Will they have the systems in place to remove or prevent these duplicates?

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
          Will they have the systems in place to remove or prevent these duplicates?
          Jeez, I would hope so.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
            Overall, the assssement is that in order to gain the 1 diaspora seat, they could lose 4-5 regular seats.
            I never thought of it like that.
            This has a positive ring to it.
            Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
            X