Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 07-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #101
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocka View Post
Ill be taking off in a few hours so my next updates will be from black hole itself.
Looking forward to hearing about your experiences Gocka.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:17 AM   #102
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

I visited Struga for the first time on my recent trip to Macedonia.

Although I had heard that it was a mixed town, I didnít quite expect there to be as many Albanians as I thought I saw. With Albanian music playing at some point down the main street, a stall selling Albanian merchandise and constantly hearing people speak Albanian, I couldnít believe how significant their presence was. I wore my Macedonia jacket the first day we went to Struga and copped quite a few stares from the Albanians sitting in the cafes, I hope they liked it!

The people we were with were telling us that a lot of the Albanians that we saw were there for the summer from other European countries, which probably made their number in Struga look bigger than it actually is. According to them the city is 50-50 or even 60/40 in favour of the Macedonians, but in the surrounding villages Albanian numbers are higher.

There was some very nice Macedonian owned places that I went to in Struga as well though. Sveti Nikola restaurant on the riverside was great, we had a nice traditional Macedonian dinner there and the location was great right next to the Drim. Another one was Riben Restoran Riviera more towards the outskirts of Struga where I tried fish chorba for the first time and loved it!

I also visited Kalista monastery which was the highlight of Struga for me, its one of the villages close to the town. For anyone that hasnít been itís a little complex of Churches and Restaurants with its crown jewel the 14th century Cave Church which I found incredible as I have never visited anything like it before. I would definitely go back there again, I found the place really fascinating and would highly recommend a visit.

Struga itself is a beautiful town, I found the part where you have cafes and restaurants by the Black Drim especially great and was even nicer than anything riverside I saw in Skopje. While I was there I was thinking of how many amazing places there are on the Western side of Macedonia near the border and it depressed me even thinking about one day losing them to those Shiptari. Honestly from Struga, Ohrid, Sveti Naum, Kalista, Mavrovo, Vevcani, Sveti Jovan Bigorski, Lazaropole e.t.c that part of Macedonia has some of the most amazing places and it would be absolutely tragic for our people to lose them along with how much we have already lost. We can only pray that we donít.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #103
Stevce

Stevce is on a distinguished road

Only 10% of Heraclea has been excavated. Much like Macedonia's other archaeological sites they dig a bit and stop. Any other country would excavate the whole thing and turn it into a major tourist attraction.
Stevce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #104
Niko777

Niko777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevce View Post
Only 10% of Heraclea has been excavated. Much like Macedonia's other archaeological sites they dig a bit and stop. Any other country would excavate the whole thing and turn it into a major tourist attraction.
Better they don't. If they do, they will just end up selling the findings on the black market.
Niko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:57 PM   #105
Momce Makedonce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevce View Post
is that really true? I was wondering about that when I visited, thought that surely there was more. I also visited the Ancient Macedonian remains of Styberra at Cepigovo near my parents villages, not sure if I completely missed the path but there wasn’t any easy access from where I went in from. I can almost guarantee that there is a lot more to be discovered at this sight, but similarly like you said with Hereklea they dig a little and stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko777 View Post
Better they don't. If they do, they will just end up selling the findings on the black market.
Can’t stand that honestly, they belong in museums not sold to the highest bidder. I wonder how many things of importance have been sold.

Last edited by Momce Makedonce; 08-09-2019 at 01:55 AM.
Momce Makedonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #106
Stevce

Stevce is on a distinguished road

Yeah Momce it is true. Look at the royal tomb in bonce no restorations have taken place and it is starting to fall down. Fucking joke. Styberra was a major city with 20000 population its a lot bigger than what has been shown.
Stevce is offline   Reply With Quote