Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 08-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #21
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
Its made me think about the story i just shared of that 90-year-old relative first reaction first words "Please don't take my house".....And the confusion i had till this day as to why she reacted that way, now it makes sense and I'm convinced she has suffered these threats at some stage of her life.
Of course she would think that. She clearly remembers the era when the pig Greeks would confiscate and give property to the former Turkish nationals that migrated to occupied Macedonia.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:29 AM   #22
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LOM.... i just read your post and thanks for creating this thread.
I get the names and birthplaces were altered .... but coincidently they used Kladorabi and after reading the first page of the article or book you supplied where it states Ted's family home was confiscated ......

Its made me think about the story i just shared of that 90-year-old relative first reaction first words "Please don't take my house".....And the confusion i had till this day as to why she reacted that way, now it makes sense and I'm convinced she has suffered these threats at some stage of her life.
Glad this thread could bring that to light for you.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:50 AM   #23
Dove

Dove is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
I should have noted that names and birthplaces were altered for the protection of privacy, so "Jim Yannas" isn't actually from Kladorabi.

Thank you for mentioning that. Also, what is the name of the source document and the year of publication please?
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:25 AM   #24
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Thank you for mentioning that. Also, what is the name of the source document and the year of publication please?
The book was titled the Macedonian Conflict by Loring Danforth, published in 1995.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #25
nushevski77

nushevski77 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for sharing your story bill; reading what the greek people did to your Dedo truly made me feel sick to my stomach, my condolences. My family is also from the lerinsko region both sides of my grandparents were born in the village of nevoliany which was renamed to skopia go figure. My grandparents came to Canada in 1952 & 1970 they fled because of the civil war I've been trying to learn more about my family's history but its been hard since the civil war's left bad memories of their home land which is why they don't like to talk about it. The only thing I know is that my great grandfather fought for the communists and was captured and sent to some island jail he was beat heavily and survived from eating bread with honey; I think that it could of been the same prison mentioned in ted yannas's story. I am just sharing this information for if anyone knows the history or information of the village of nevoliany either anything about it and specifically during the civil war, the village is located right behind lerin in-between two mountains. Thank You
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #26
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Hi there nushevski. Thanks for taking time reading my story.

Nevoliany or Nevoleny (if they are the same thing) is very familiar to me i might have relatives who came from there. I'll investigate a bit further on that and get back to you if i have something to share.

Regarding the comment, your grandfather fought for the "Communists" was he a communist? or is it just a label given to him by the fascist Greeks during the time he was captured. Yes Macedonians sided with the communist Greeks as both had a common enemy, but doesn't necessarily mean they to were communists. That was just propaganda at the time which still gets used by Greeks today.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #27
nushevski77

Quote:
Hi there nushevski. Thanks for taking time reading my story.

Nevoliany or Nevoleny (if they are the same thing) is very familiar to me i might have relatives who came from there. I'll investigate a bit further on that and get back to you if i have something to share.

Regarding the comment, your grandfather fought for the "Communists" was he a communist? or is it just a label given to him by the fascist Greeks during the time he was captured. Yes Macedonians sided with the communist Greeks as both had a common enemy, but doesn't necessarily mean they to were communists. That was just propaganda at the time which still gets used by Greeks today.
Bill77 Thank you for looking into it,
I think they are the same since I've seen the name spelled many different ways, I don't exactly know if he was a communist or not, it quite possibly was just a label given to him that stuck. I think because he fought along side them since they all had a common enemy he could've just been mistaken as one because of the greek propaganda.

here is a youtube video of old pictures of the village maybe you might recognize someone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPDD_jPP9DU
at 1:24 is my dedo cole (nick) with his mother baba mara and at 1:29 is my great grandfather dedo vasil who we were talking about.

Last edited by nushevski77; 08-26-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:31 PM   #28
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Nushevski77, I strongly doubt whether a single Macedonian soul was actually fighting for "communism" in Greece at that time. Your Great Grandfather was a Macedonian hero fighting for liberation. The rest of his family suffered whilst living in Greece because of this.

He would have been sent to Makronisos.
https://www.greektravel.com/greekislands/makronisos/

The Greek enemy were defending their German King.

What a pity nobody told our Macedonians that they were fighting the USA and Great Britain.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:44 PM   #29
nushevski77

Risto I don't think he was actually fighting for the communist's I just mistakenly wrote that not realizing the whole situation since I don't know enough about the civil war conflict, yes lots suffered they sent most of the family to jail and I think a relative might of been killed. Thanks for the article just finished reading it its a shame what great Britain, usa, and Soviet Union did.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:52 PM   #30
Risto the Great

No problem nushevski77.
The commies were promising Macedonians autonomy. So Macedonians supported the communists in the war. It didn't mean they were communists.

Tags
aegean macedonia, australia, lerin, ted, yannas