View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the list Napoleon, very comprehensive, however I think the Macedonian Dynasty needs to be looked at a little closer. There are other sources which speak of them as local Slavic-speakers from Macedonia or the Macedonia Theme. My personal belief is that they are a mix of Armenians and Slavic-speakers, as in these regions were settled thousands of Armenians by past East Roman Emperors, the same may be said of the heritage of Tsar Samuel.

Not that it makes a difference, but just a quick question and excuse my ignorance, are you Macedonian? I know you've been around a while so apologies if you are and for probing so late.